ADVERTISEMENT

Who's Getting the Fall COVID Vaccine?

What killed a lot of people -- young people, too -- in the 1918 pandemic was an overactive immune response that was elicited by the virus. It just depends on the virus you're look at when you're consider immune system.
The 1918 influenza was an upper respiratory virus (covid is a lower respiratory virus) that affected a disproportionate amount of young people.

Most people died in 1918 from a secondary bacterial infection.

The big difference between now and 1918 is that they did not have antibiotics or the ppe we have today. They wore cloth masks and hand hygiene was not what it is today.

The 1918 influenza was an upper respiratory virus (covid is a lower respiratory virus) that affected a disproportionate amount of young people.

The big difference between now and 1918 is that they did not have antibiotics or the ppe we have today. They wore cloth masks and hand hygiene was not what it is today.
I thought Cytokine storm -- which you get some of with Covid, as it is -- was the major cause with young people.

Ebola for example, wouldn't seem to be too deterred by a strong immune system. Just depends on the disease.

Of course a bad immune system makes everything worse, no doubt. But with certain disease a strong immune system won't buy you much... would be my point.

Reactions: Hawk_82
I thought Cytokine storm -- which you get some of with Covid, as it is -- was the major cause with young people.

Ebola for example, wouldn't seem to be too deterred by a strong immune system. Just depends on the disease.

Of course a bad immune system makes everything worse, no doubt. But with certain disease a strong immune system won't buy you much... would be my point.
Cytokine storm is basically an overreactive immune response. The cytokine storm is not necessarily deadly, but the effects its causes on the organs can be if it goes untreated.

You can treat the individual symptoms if you catch it before permanent damage is caused. For example, renal failure is common in covid. A person can be treated medically if it is minor or may need dialysis for a brief period of time. Sometimes kidney function returns to normal, sometimes dialysis will be needed permanently. If a person has 3 or more organs failing then the risk of death rises significantly.

The immune system is not perfect. There are definitely conditions that can not be fought by the immune system.

Sometimes the immune system even attacks your own body. This is what autoimmune diseases are.

Reactions: Colonoscopy

Wait...you were just telling us the immune system protected us....

Now, you've backtracked here.

Cytokine storm is basically an overreactive immune response. The cytokine storm is not necessarily deadly, but the effects its causes on the organs can be if it goes untreated.

You can treat the individual symptoms if you catch it before permanent damage is caused. For example, renal failure is common in covid.
THIS IS WHY YOU GET A VACCINE FOR IT- TO PREVENT PERMANENT RENAL DAMAGE, IDIOT.

That's what I've already explained to him: your immune system isn't prepared for viruses it has not seen before.

Like Covid.
Covid is not new anymore, Nearly everyone in the USA has had some exposure to covid.

I'm glad we live in America where we all can choose to take the vaccine or not.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Yeah; it actually still is.

And people are still dying from it at rates 5x to 10x higher than influenza.

When that shifts back in line with "regular" flu, it won't be "new" anymore.
Here is a neat calculator that shows you how mortality rises with age and comorbidities.

A 40 year old without comorbidities has a 0.2% risk of mortality. A 15 yo has a <1% risk of mortality. That is a very acceptable amount of risk in my opinion.

Some morons in here might want to look up what “varients” are. The virus changes and can be more contagious. Maybe it’s not as deadly as it initially way but it’s still there.

Oh and we could have maybe contained this if people socially distanced, masked up, and got vaccinated. But the “Ma Rights” crowd had to **** it all up and here we are.

Selfish pricks.

Some morons in here might want to look up what “varients” are. The virus changes and can be more contagious. Maybe it’s not as deadly as it initially way but it’s still there.

Oh and we could have maybe contained this if people socially distanced, masked up, and got vaccinated. But the “Ma Rights” crowd had to **** it all up and here we are.

Selfish pricks.

"We" could have maybe "contained" a world wide pandemic of a virus that mutates rapidly and that neither prior infection nor vaccination provide long lasting immunity to prevent future infection? Sure.

China couldn’t prevent spread and mutation with extreme containment and lockdowns. Far in excess of what the USA ever would have matched.
But, yeah, sure…maybe just a little better cloth masking would have done it. 😂

China couldn’t prevent spread and mutation with extreme containment and lockdowns. Far in excess of what the USA ever would have matched.
But, yeah, sure…maybe just a little better cloth masking would have done it. 😂
Christ you are dumb.

Here is a neat calculator that shows you how mortality rises with age and comorbidities.

A 40 year old without comorbidities has a 0.2% risk of mortality.

That's 132 40 yr olds out of a 66,000 Kinnick Stadium.

Pretty sizeable number (and again, 10x higher than rates for flu)

I didn't realize only 40 yr olds can enter Kinnick. I guess I won't be seeing any games this year.

Its quite clear that people still die despite getting the covid vaccine. Are you able to admit this or will you deny this too? Since you probably won't even admit this, lets just pretend.

If a healthy 40 year old has a 0.2% chance of mortality, what does the mortality risk drop to after taking the vaccine?

Not that the dipshit Pinehawk will read it or care, but plenty of info out there showing that masks work.

• Haha
Its quite clear that people still die despite getting the covid vaccine. Are you able to admit this or will you deny this too? Since you probably won't even admit this, lets just pretend.

If a healthy 40 year old has a 0.2% chance of mortality, what does the mortality risk drop to after taking the vaccine?
Ever heard of community spread? You aren’t always doing these things just for you, but for those around you.

Yes; your risks drop by a lot. You're >6x (or higher) more likely to die w/o current vaccines, which now means bivalent boosters with the virus that is circulating.

Most of whom are dying are skipping the vaccines.

That's been well-established the past 2 years now.
You are avoiding my question. How much lower does the vaccine drop the risk of mortality for a 40 year old? I want you to give me a percentage since you know it is so effective.

You are avoiding my question. How much lower does the vaccine drop the risk of mortality for a 40 year old? I want you to give me a percentage since you know it is so effective.

• Haha
Reactions: your_master5
Yes; your risks drop by a lot. You're >6x (or higher) more likely to die w/o current vaccines, which now means bivalent boosters with the virus that is circulating.
Well "a lot" is not possible because a 40 year old only starts out with a 0.2% risk of dying. We are talking fractions of a percent. That is not "a lot"

Pinehawk trusts Facebook and Twitter over medical studies and doctors. These idiots are the ones who helped allows COVID to stick around. These people are trash and don’t give a **** about anyone but themselves.

But they just had to rush back to normal and act like nothing was happening.

• Wow
None of this accounts for the people who are sick or have other comorbidities. I already provided a link showing the risk goes up with these conditions. It is not the healthy people who are dying, it is the people with chronic conditions, that are at risk. It is totally appropriate for people who are sick or have comorbidities to get the vaccine.

None of this accounts for the people who are sick or have other comorbidities. I already provided a link showing the risk goes up with these conditions. It is not the healthy people who are dying, it is the people with chronic conditions, that are at risk. It is totally appropriate for people who are sick or have comorbidities to get the vaccine.
Community spread disease my guy. Do you understand how that works? Vaccines can help lower the spread. A healthy person can get covid and pass it on to others who can die. Being vaccinated can lower your risk.

Healthy people 100 percent should care about others. Maybe they won’t die from it but others can. Being vaccinated, socially distancing, and masking up was appropriate for all. It’s you idiots who wanted to act like all was OK so let’s all crowd bars and restaurants asap.

**** y’all. You folks suck.

Community spread disease my guy. Do you understand how that works? Vaccines can help lower the spread. A healthy person can get covid and pass it on to others who can die. Being vaccinated can lower your risk.

Healthy people 100 percent should care about others. Maybe they won’t die from it but others can. Being vaccinated, socially distancing, and masking up was appropriate for all. It’s you idiots who wanted to act like all was OK so let’s all crowd bars and restaurants asap.

**** y’all. You folks suck.
The vax did nothing to prevent spread of the disease. The vax producers, government officials, and media knew this but propagated the lie to help pfizers bottom line. Put another L in the loss column for gdr.

Reactions: Hawk_82
The cax did nothing to prevent spread if the disease. The vax producers, government officials, and media knew this but propagated the lie to help pfizers bottom line. Put another L in the loss column for gdr.
Another person who gets their medical advice and news from Facebook. Sad.

Don’t get mad at me because you are obtuse.

Also, props for not giving a rip about those around you. I’m sure you are a great family man.
So you actually fell for the "get vaxxed so others don't get sick" campaign AND you still are? Bwwwaaahhaaa. You really are an idiot. Pfizer thanks you for your loyalty though.

So you actually fell for the "get vaxxed so others don't get sick" campaign AND you still are? Bwwwaaahhaaa. You really are an idiot. Pfizer thanks you for your loyalty though.
Did Twitter tell you to say that because you really come off as super smart! I mean just read what you wrote.

Did Twitter tell you to say that because you really come off as super smart! I mean just read what you wrote.
So it actually is true. That's great. You know what else? I bet if you just keep getting boosted your cats won't get sick either. Everyone get boosted to protect gdr's house full of cats!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT