ADVERTISEMENT

*****Wisconsin vs. Iowa game thread*****

we gotta get a hat on #53. where is he coming from? he is laying the wood about 2-3 yards past the line of scrimmage.

I am fine with running the ball as they aren't running too badly.......but, why not run some play action to Fant or someone in the middle of the field. I just don't think it was time for a trick play like that........

I am fine with running the ball as they aren't running too badly.......but, why not run some play action to Fant or someone in the middle of the field. I just don't think it was time for a trick play like that........

Not only that, trick plays are all about continually doing something to set them up. I don't think we've done a thing to set that up.

I've been watching football for a long time, and I don't think I've ever seen a team try a trick play, lateraling wide to the receiver on one side, who tries to pass wide to the other side of the field. Pretty obvious why. I think we know why we stick to such a vanilla game plan - we suck at flea flickers.

Here's a crazy idea.... if you are moving the ball on the ground.... keep feeding that 2 headed monster.... mix in some PLAY ACTION. Not some dumbass trick play. Is that the crap that our coordinator has them adding to the play book during the week?

Reactions: hwks4ever
It's not the method, it's the actual call. Iowa does need to mix it up...but that wasn't what I'd call on that down.

And once again, Iowa shoots it's foot on offense, and the defense then let's down...ugh.

Reactions: QChawks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT