ADVERTISEMENT

*****Wisconsin vs. Iowa game thread*****

Personally I would have treated our last possession as 4 down territory and never even considered kicking the FG. There's roughly 6 minutes left in the game and you haven't been anywhere near that close to the EZ for the entire 2nd half. Probably your only shot. Give it back to Wisky and they run off a few 1st downs and the game is just about over with. Especially when your D has to be getting gassed from being on the field continuously and you need a TD plus the 2 pt. conversion just to tie. What the heck do you have to lose by going for it?

Another game where our opponent didn't get flagged for a single holding penalty. Our pass rush is terrible.

Such a winnable game. KF and GD have no idea how to get the ball in the hands of their best athletes on offense.

there is not one reason to not go for fourth and 5 there. I can't believe it. After all of this $hit game, you have a chance to tie it up late and you don't take it?

Sad.

Reactions: IaHawk41
Announcer, "there's Greg Davis up in the booth"

Lazy-Person-1.jpg
joker-clapping-gif.jpg

When was the last time Kinnick was considered a home field advantage? This team is flat out bad. Talent level is very low. KF doesn't seem concerned. CJB has the 'normal' Iowa QB regression. This is a dumpster fire with a coach and assistants who have lifetime contracts. Seemingly NOpressure from the administrators or media....

Reactions: IaHawk41
I actually wanted to go for it. # hindsight

Might as f***ing well, right? But oh well......

Dear Wisconsin, please throw an interception to Desmond King. Sincerely, Paul Chryst. Do it.

I think going for the field goal was the right call there, but we should have gone for it on 4th and 1 from their 45 in the 1st half. I was kinda pissed when KF punted that. That's the type of risk you need to take when you have the ball on their side of the field to beat this team, not punt it

OMG. Was KF even paying attention all day? Did he really think this defense had a chance to come up with a quick stop and the offense go on another long drive, punching it in the end zone? You really need to try hard to be that clueless.

Reactions: Typical Situation
Iowa needs to go no huddle the rest of the year.........good ball movement and good call to kick the FG.......Sucks it was a bad kick.

please follow this up with reasoning (fg attempt)......not picking a fight, just please give me something. I see nothing, NOTHING. your one good drive of the half and you have it in your hands to make a play and you don't even TRY?

I think going for the field goal was the right call there, but we should have gone for it on 4th and 1 from their 45 in the 1st half. I was kinda pissed when KF punted that. That's the type of risk you need to take when you have the ball on their side of the field to beat this team, not punt it

Yep...be aggressive... be be aggressive. .. yea

please follow this up with reasoning (fg attempt)......not picking a fight, just please give me something. I see nothing, NOTHING. your one good drive of the half and you have it in your hands to make a play and you don't even TRY?

Iowa actually went away from the no huddle after like the first three or four plays that drive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT