ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting. Orig Post Updated Jan 1. ZERO Scholarships Currently Available. 34 Offers So Far (incl. Pryce Sandfort, Owen Freeman, Brock Harding)

Iowa is keeping an eye on/ has interest in Brock Harding.

Kirk Speraw watched him play in a game in person on Jan 12, 2022.

Brock then visited Iowa for the Jan 13, 2022 Indiana game.

Owen Freeman seems to like him.

Brock has at least 7 offers now: Loyola-Chicago, Western Illinois, SE Missouri State, Illinois State, Drake, Colorado State and Bradley.

Brock is opening a lot of eyes.

Thanks for the link. He reminds me of Fredricks. He looks like a natural 2G. If we were to add Pryce and Friedrichsen we'd be taking our 2G to the next level. Fran has done great with the Big's. IMO to get to the next level we need our guards to step up to a similar level. I think Bowen is a good start.

Friedrichsen is committed to Oklahoma State.

As I mentioned above, Iowa is keeping an eye on/ has interest in Brock Harding.

Kirk Speraw watched him play in a game in person on Jan 12, 2022. Brock then visited Iowa the NEXT DAY for the Jan 13, 2022 Indiana game.

Owen Freeman seems to like him. Owen is #32 in the videos that follow from this past weekend's NY2LA Sports Swish N’ Dish.

Brock has at least 7 offers now:
Loyola-Chicago, Western Illinois, SE Missouri State, Illinois State, Drake, Colorado State and Bradley.

Check these out & Watch:

Brock Hardy looks really quick with the dribble but I don't think his skills translate well measured against Big Ten competition, hence is offer list. The league is stacked with quick guards who can defend him and at 6ft0 155 lbs would likely be a matchup liability on defense. Maybe he would walk-on?

I would like to see Fran move more in the direction of recruiting guards in the same mold as Perkins.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Brock Hardy looks really quick with the dribble but I don't think his skills translate well measured against Big Ten competition, hence is offer list. The league is stacked with quick guards who can defend him and at 6ft0 155 lbs would likely be a matchup liability on defense. Maybe he would walk-on?

I would like to see Fran move more in the direction of recruiting guards in the same mold as Perkins.
He's not walking on anywhere.

Reactions: TritonHawkeye
Fran was watching Pryce Sandfort last night & Sherm was watching JQ Roberts at the Adidas 3SSB (3 Stripes Select) event that is being held from April 8-10 in Indianapolis, IN.

Iowa offered Pryce Sandfort on Oct 16, 2021 when he was on a visit.

Iowa offered JaQualon Roberts on Oct 29, 2021. He unofficially visited on Dec 21, 2021 for the SE Louisiana game.

Last edited:
Fran was watching Owen Freeman last night at the Adidas 3SSB (3 Stripes Select) event that is being held from April 8-10 in Indianapolis, IN..

Iowa offered Owen on June 1, 2021. He officially visited the weekend of Oct 8, 2021. 3 days later he committed to Iowa (Oct 11, 2021). He unofficially visited on Dec 21, 2021 for the SE Louisiana game.

Fran beat out Purdue and Michigan State (and several other schools) for Owen. Nevertheless, look who showed up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheahawk
Iowa offered JP Estrella on Dec 16, 2021. Fran & two assistants were watching him at the Adidas 3SSB (3 Stripes Select) event being held from April 8-10 in Indianapolis, IN.

Last edited:
Fran and his assistants are at the Adidas 3SSB (3 Stripes Select) event that is being held from April 8-10 in Indianapolis, IN.

Pryce Sandfort plays on D1 Minnesota 17U.

As you can see, he has been impressive.

Reactions: perryhawk
Fran and his assistants are at the Adidas 3SSB (3 Stripes Select) event that is being held from April 8-10 in Indianapolis, IN.

Iowa offered JaQualon Roberts on Oct 29, 2021. He unofficially visited on Dec 21, 2021 for the SE Louisiana game.

FP7aoWOXwAgzinc

I have updated the orig post.

Iowa offered Carey Booth today. This is the 23rd offer Fran has made for the 2023 class.

Carey is the son of former Penn State player (1996-99) & current Nuggets GM (since 2000) Calvin Booth. Calvin was the Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year in 1998 and played 10 years in the NBA.

Rivals shows that he has 4 other offers:
Georgetown, Minnesota, Penn State and San Francisco.

Last edited:

Iowa offered Boden Kapke on Jan 19, 2022.

Boden visited
on October 16, 2021 (Purdue game).

Boden and Pryce Sandfort are teammates on D1 Minnesota 17U.

I don't think there is any way Booth weighs 215. Patrick is the same height and listed as about the same weight. This kid is a stick!!! Has some nice moves and shot tho.

His dad is the general manager of the Nuggets and played for Penn State.
Calvin. He was a good player.

Yep.

Carey is the son of former Penn State player (1996-99) & current Nuggets GM (since 2000) Calvin Booth. Calvin was the Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year in 1998 and played 10 years in the NBA.

Calvin at one time played in Dallas for Iowa legend Don Nelson.

ETRHTQoWkAUjNNv.jpg

1190269281.jpg.0.jpg

usa_today_10308186.0.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT