ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 Iowa Football Recruiting Thread***

The money being paid was always there...Of course, the amounts are higher, and more schools have the ability to pay 10+ kids a year vs 2-5...other than most of it being somewhat above board now, vs being alot shadier then.. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking alot has changed.. Without NIL...The Kaleb Brown's/Nick Jackson's/Erik All's/Case McNamara's/Seth Andersen's/ R. Parker's...etc..wouldn't be at Iowa...Kids like Proctor...were going to get paid alot no matter if the year was 2002 or 2022... Schools like A&M can buy all the players they want...that team is a mess...that money is going to cause/has caused chaos/turmoil amongst the team..

Does it suck when high talent kids go elsewhere? Yes, of course...Iowa will still have to evaluate better and continue to develop kids...
That's the way it has been for decades..

An old saying-Talent sets the floor....Character sets the ceiling....
and you can provide proof of how much they were paid? since you are implying that IA unloaded a Brinks load of money to get them?

• Haha
Reactions: shoot_the_three
and you can provide proof of how much they were paid? since you are implying that IA unloaded a Brinks load of money to get them?
I didn't imply Iowa unloaded a Brink's load of money to get them. I stated without NIL money...they wouldn't be here. Believe it or not..there actually is a difference...

till 11 AM this morning he was future cast 94% had him coming to IA by fans and 100% by a publisher. the a little after 11 that publisher flipped his future cast to TA&M.

so yeah there were some big bucks involved in losing him.

in fact there were zero fan votes for him to go TA&M. and now he is listed as a 4* not that it matters just like Burt is rated a 5.5 3* just like Laporta and Hockenson. who was a 2* by one site.

hmm Clark was just a walkon they all were high draft picks who had excellent careers in the NFL. when was the last time that any TA&M TE's ended up in the NFL?

gee he visited Indy on the 16th of June then commits to indy on the 22nd, the $$$$$ is really flowing,
Right.,..like I said earliar in this thread...NIL/collectives/etc.......has allowed schools that typically funneled money to 2-5 kids a year to now give money to 10+ a year...Iowa either didn't offer anything or weren't willing to match what Indiana did.. This is nothing new...Happened/will continue to happen, multiple times throughout the recruiting cycle.

with how this staff identifies and then more importantly DEVELOP's that's all that matter.

walk on's.
2*
3* it doesn't matter they ussually end up in the NFL making 7 digit's salaries.

who know with the portal IA may get in the future if they have not already have them and don't need him.

• Haha
Reactions: HogPorkingHawkeye
Another one not even making it to campus smh. Honestly if the visit is tied to the festival, have them move the festival up. Football runs that town anyways.
Not sour grapes...With this one...I'm kinda, meh...Parker is pretty much in the fold..solid shot at Vander Zee, and I can steal a list that Eliot Clough posted in the other forum. Couple of solid prospects on that list that Iowa could have a shot at...Not sure how many wr's are expected to be signed in this class. 3 fresh last year and a slotback type in Washington+ Brown..maybe the 2 listed above in this class and save a slot for another portal grab?

Right.,..like I said earliar in this thread...NIL/collectives/etc.......has allowed schools that typically funneled money to 2-5 kids a year to now give money to 10+ a year...Iowa either didn't offer anything or weren't willing to match what Indiana did.. This is nothing new...Happened/will continue to happen, multiple times throughout the recruiting cycle.
Good info to know; love your takes...Go Hawks!

Not sour grapes...With this one...I'm kinda, meh...Parker is pretty much in the fold..solid shot at Vander Zee, and I can steal a list that Eliot Clough posted in the other forum. Couple of solid prospects on that list that Iowa could have a shot at...Not sure how many wr's are expected to be signed in this class. 3 fresh last year and a slotback type in Washington+ Brown..maybe the 2 listed above in this class and save a slot for another portal grab?
I think Vander Zee is close to squeezing the trigger for Iowa. Might happen this weekend.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about Titus Cram? Is he still interested in Iowa? Is the staff still interested in him? I know he is a RB but he would likely be a receiver or DB at Iowa. I hope Titus is still in play.

• Wow
Cram can be a RB as I can see Dol settling in at the Cash position at 6'1 190 llbs he would not need to bulk up for the Cash position. with Castro done at the end of the year Dol might get a shot at that position as a true FR.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Cram can be a RB as I can see Dol settling in at the Cash position at 6'1 190 llbs he would not need to bulk up for the Cash position. with Castro done at the end of the year Dol might get a shot at that position as a true FR.
Doll might be moving defense but we also brought in RB Xavier Williams. This is why I don't think the staff is looking at Cram as a RB.

Reactions: madmax1191
Doll might be moving defense but we also brought in RB Xavier Williams. This is why I don't think the staff is looking at Cram as a RB.
from what I have heard Cram is a RB only per Cram himself. maybe this is why both parties have moved on why Cram may switch to the dark side by going to ISU.

I live in adel & know enough to know that he’s never been told or discussed about anything on defense. He’ll have every opportunity to be the rb.
Since you’re that close, can you give a scouting report on Doll…. strengths, deficiencies, etc. He strikes me as being a bit underrated. TIA.

• Haha
I think Vander Zee is close to squeezing the trigger for Iowa. Might happen this weekend.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about Titus Cram? Is he still interested in Iowa? Is the staff still interested in him? I know he is a RB but he would likely be a receiver or DB at Iowa. I hope Titus is still in play.
I think Cram is a SS in the eyes of the Iowa staff. Watching his film it’s hard to argue with that vs. RB.

I remember when Blair would list the individual and their weight gains, some of them gained at least 35 lbs, even listing some that lost weight,

to bad they don't do that on this site,

try mcdonalds with a large chocolate shake... you'll gain weight fast !
that or 4 large egg omlettes can't remember how many I ate or how many I made, fortunately my parents raised chickens. so I could pick out the biggest eggs. the chickens were leghorns which as a rule lay the bigger eggs.

Reactions: F5n5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT