ADVERTISEMENT

A no go on Paul Chryst?

In no universe was KF going to bring in a splash OC hire. JP is probably the very best of the realistic choices. I’ll be thrilled if it is indeed JP.
Agree.
Highly unlikely Kirk brings in anyone that will be a significant change in overall philosophy. Best bet is an experienced guy with a few miles left on the tread who can take Kirks tedious offensive plan and maximize it. It won't be great, but getting it to a ranking of 85-90 would be a massive improvement.

Reactions: MeetTheFerentzes
I dreamed of Philbin being the Iowa OC but never thought it was remotely possible. Philbin knows offense and how to get the most out of his available personnel. Great hire if it holds to be true.
I’m with ya. I’ve wished for his return in some capacity for a few years now. If he can get our offensive line performing at the level they used to be known for a lot of our issues take care of themselves.

Reactions: SI_NYC
Personally, I think you have to take anything “from an inside source”, “from a reliable source” with a grain of salt. Shear speculation. Personally, I think Iowa could not find a better OC than Paul Chryst. BUT it’s obvious he wants to be a head coach. I was hoping Paul would be OC for a couple of years and then be hired as our next head coach. But I, along with everyone else on this board, have no say in the matter. So, whoever the next OC is, it is what it is. I would speculate though that if Chryst was offered .the OC, (and he turned it down) it was because he couldn’t be guaranteed the head job. Shear speculation though…lol
Paul Cryst, IMO, deserves to be a head coach again. He us truly one of the few “good guys” left in college football. He got hosed at Wisconsin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT