ADVERTISEMENT

A no go on Paul Chryst?

Why would you be surprised? Iowa is a pretty sweet ass job.
They are both accomplished coaches. I figured if they wanted to take a college job,they would want a HC one and wait for that opportunity. Bielema bombed at Arkansas yet landed another BIG job.

Chryst was a HC as of 2022, having his hands directly in the offense. I am absolutely not advocating for Chryst as a coach, but he is much better than Philbin.
That does not matter. Kirk is going to hire the guy who will do what he tells him to do. Neither Chryst or Philbin would come in and totally revamp the system. No one is going to be allowed to do that.
Brian proved that a potted plant can't be OC, but honestly it doesn't take a whole lot at Iowa.

If I had less mediocre expectations I’d probably find myself kissing cyclone fans asses and badmouthing their rival (who’s supposedly my team), just so I can fit in on their online sports message board.

Sound familiar?

But yeah, my expectations and being happy that Iowa is a 9 win team under Kirk is what’s holding the program back from greatness. We’d be battling Bama and Michigan for titles in no time if I just expected more.

What a dumbass.
I say the same things there about Iowa football as I say here. You should work on your comprehension skills if you're going to spend so much time lurking there. Not that a dork like you warrants explanation, but I've already sent one daughter through school at ISU, and have another who just started there, I live in central Iowa, have a lot of shared interests with the other posters who are ISU parents that I choose to engage with. Have met up with a few of them at tailgates when we've been there for daughters' sorority tailgate events. I mostly post in threads about smoking/BBQ, music, movies, politics, and college/kid/parent related topics. When I do post about Iowa sports it's usually to correct inaccurate posts or to say the same thing about Iowa's current coaches/program as I say here. I think my last one was pointing out how the B1G West was 2-0 in bowls.

So how much time do you spend lurking there and stalking me a week? You seem to take this message board fandom stuff very seriously.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
That does not matter. Kirk is going to hire the guy who will do what he tells him to do.
Not going to totally disagree with this, but when I hear names like Chryst and Philbin being thrown around, it gives me hope that KF might actually let an accomplished offensive mind do his own thing. My expectations were that Budmyer and Barnett would be leading OC candidates, and in that case, total puppets like you suggested.

I say the same things there about Iowa football as I say here. You should work on your comprehension skills if you're going to spend so much time lurking there. Not that a dork like you warrants explanation, but I've already sent one daughter through school at ISU, and have another who just started there, I live in central Iowa, have a lot of shared interests with the other posters who are ISU parents that I choose to engage with. Have met up with a few of them at tailgates when we've been there for daughters' sorority tailgate events. I mostly post in threads about smoking/BBQ, music, movies, politics, and college/kid/parent related topics. When I do post about Iowa sports it's usually to correct inaccurate posts or to say the same thing about Iowa's current coaches/program as I say here. I think my last one was pointing out how the B1G West was 2-0 in bowls.

So how much time do you spend lurking there and stalking me a week? You seem to take this message board fandom stuff very seriously.
The guy is an idiot. And a very grumpy one at that.

Best just to ignore him.

Chryst is a much better hire IMO, along with being able to stand up to Kirk. No, I don't think Philbin has that ability.
You mean Work with Kirk don't you.
Do you stand up to your boss or Work with him/her?

Last edited:

3-0 now in bowls

Not going to totally disagree with this, but when I hear names like Chryst and Philbin being thrown around, it gives me hope that KF might actually let an accomplished offensive mind do his own thing. My expectations were that Budmyer and Barnett would be leading OC candidates, and in that case, total puppets like you suggested.
I admit, I was fearful that Budmayr would be a serious OC candidate, but why on earth do you think Barnett ever was a candidate?

The guy is an idiot. And a very grumpy one at that.

Best just to ignore him.
How much you want to bet this is him right now looking through my post history over there...

thedangerbeard-dangerbeard.gif

You mean Work with Kirk don't you.
Do you stand up to your boss or Work with him/her?
Yes, all opinions should be heard, kind of the point. If a coworker has a better approach l, it should be taken. Fact of the matter is both of them have been there and should have the backbone to stand up.

Until I see otherwise, I am going to assume the next OC will be another puppet. I don't care if Kirk had Hal Mumme as OC, the offense would look the same.

and always the smartest guy in the room.
Nah, he just wants to project that your counterarguments aren't triggering him (which the exact opposite is true if you have to say you aren't), and how he doesn't really care despite the constant need to chastise people for having any form of criticism that he doesn't deem positive enough in his eyes.

It has nothing to do with sounding smart, but rather trying to convince people he isn't bothered by what we say........even though he absolutely is. ;)

Dude has some serious anger management issues. Always pissed off at someone and always the smartest guy in the room. Agree that it’s best to just ignore fools like this.

Do you know how many guys on here you cats are offended by that you suggest are”the smartest” person in the room…holy smokes talk about a poor argument only used when you literally have nothing else to say. Hell you guys aren’t happy unless everyone is pissed off.

Lame… if that’s your best, your best won’t do!

Nah, he just wants to project that your counterarguments aren't triggering him (which the exact opposite is true if you have to say you aren't), and how he doesn't really care despite the constant need to chastise people for having any form of criticism that he doesn't deem positive enough in his eyes.

It has nothing to do with sounding smart, but rather trying to convince people he isn't bothered by what we say........even though he absolutely is. ;)

That is your go to 😂

What do we do with Barnett if it is Philbin?
I think philbin will want his own OLine coach if he is not satisfied with Barnett. Hmmm I wonder who he might hire. Hahahaha

Seriously, Kirk needs to make sure the OC is good with the Line coach

You know…..I don’t think there is anybody who knows what the tell is gonna happen until it happens! This article from the”Wisconsin inside source” smells a lot like “sour grapes” combined with some buyers remorse to me.
Kirk said earlier today ut would get midway thru January before he gets simeone “on board”…that’ll piss off most if the folks here because according to them, Kirk should have filled the job a couple of weeks ago!
I’m gonna sit back and see what happens….

Oh my God, this badger media dude is as clueless as the iowa media crew. They have no access to program, no sources, no inside info, just all speculation. Stop listening to these people. It's just the Harty and Howe of Badger land.
Source could be Chryst himself

Yes, all opinions should be heard, kind of the point. If a coworker has a better approach l, it should be taken. Fact of the matter is both of them have been there and should have the backbone to stand up.
That's not the way you were using the term to stand up. A person can share an opinion with others, but you were using it in a challenging type of statement. Different terminology.

Do you know how many guys on here you cats are offended by that you suggest are”the smartest” person in the room…holy smokes talk about a poor argument only used when you literally have nothing else to say. Hell you guys aren’t happy unless everyone is pissed off.

Lame… if that’s your best, your best won’t do!
No idea what you’re even talking about, bruh, but knock yourself out.👊🏻

That's not the way you were using the term to stand up. A person can share an opinion with others, but you were using it in a challenging type of statement. Different terminology.
that is absolutely the way I was using it, a dictatorship of play calling is how many see that Brian was forced to run the offense here. Standing up for your process being in control of the offense is a necessity as an OC.

Oh my God, this badger media dude is as clueless as the iowa media crew. They have no access to program, no sources, no inside info, just all speculation. Stop listening to these people. It's just the Harty and Howe of Badger land.
Not possible. They cannot be duplicated.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT