ADVERTISEMENT

Active shooter at Perry High school in Iowa

apparently the shooter (pictured on the right) was a substitute teacher...waiting on confirmation, of course....

GDAvl_QXsAA0q8Z
If that’s actually true….fits the stereotype perfectly…

On November 21, 2021, Darrell E. Brooks Jr. drove a sport utility vehicle (SUV) through the annual Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States, killing six people and injuring sixty-two others.[2]
Yes, these don't happen as often. But of your magically anti gun fairy snapped her fingers tomorrow and all guns disappeared, people like those who shot up this school today will still find a way to kill as many people as possible.
A parade... just listen to your weak argument. Yes, a person could use a car, but it's much harder. There isn't a parade everyday in every community like there is a school, church or business that a shooter can easily target with guns that are hidden.

Another example of a failing public school system. How many teachers were on their phones doing non teaching things rather than being on the lookout for suspicious things.

Is this another situation where a teacher propped open a secure door?

People send their children to school to be taught and teachers have a responsibility to protect them and keep them safe from harm, they failed miserably once again!
What?

Reactions: goldmom
Out of curiosity what things made the town go downhill?
It's a small town in Iowa that only has a meat packing plant as commerce. It's schools are shit and always have been. It's income level is far below standard and it isn't close enough to des moines that people commute. There is very little pride of ownership in the town and the home values are shit. It's a town that has "street dogs" if that means anything to you. Its a tough town. . What's crazy is panorama is 15 minutes south and every millionaire in Des moines has a lake house out there. There is literally NO reason to go to Perry.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
For those unfamiliar with our area, Perry has a heavy Hispanic gang presence and has for years. Interesting to see the jump to banning assault rifles before we know what firearms were used.

This is a terrible event and I pray the reports are incorrect and there isn't this horrible, unnecessary, loss of life.
Terrible event, lol... it's another Republican slaughter.

I agree the presser was a waste of time.

First thing that could easily been mentioned is "shooter is deceased".

The lack of urgency around the school indicates no active threat.

Small town police departments simply aren't media savvy.

The people who could actually fix the issue are paid NOT to fix the issue, by the NRA.
Pretty sure the NRA isn’t paying mental therapist or social media sites or any and everything else that is ****ing up kids today. Like I mentioned earlier in this post, when I was in high school multiple people were bringing hunting guns to school everyday. No one ever got shot, you’d think everyone in the school should have been dead because of the guns.

Idiots like you are too stupid to focus on the real problems, and realize that these kids are going to kill people regardless of whether they have guns or not.

I heard that the military is considering removing guns from service and replacing them with cars. They found that cars were far more effective and efficient at killing people so they are going to make the switch.

Similar to what I was saying.
I grew up in a time when lots of Dads had hunting rifles or maybe a firearm always in the top shelf of the bedroom closet but we kids KNEW it was off limits.
Maybe we were raised by Dads who were WWII vets and they and our Mom repeatedly told us that guns were dangerous and would kill you…and we believed them.
And we were raised to believe that killing someone was a big time sin cause we knew the Ten Commandments. And we heard frequently about killers getting the “chair”.
No video games but tons of westerns where the sheriff shot dead the bad guys who’d robbed a bank or shot innocent people.
What the heck ever happened to society?
Lack of god
Lack of father figures
Soft father figures
Government incentivizing single motherhood

Just to add my insight from working at IMMC years ago, I heard they said the victims were taken to Mercy, that could mean a couple of things, if there were multiple victims some would have gone to Methodist, so maybe there aren’t a lot of victims or unfortunately a lot that are deceased let’s hope for the first
LifeFlighted to UnityPoint’s{ointment (Methodist)…2 Vic’s….none to Mercy at this time

10 pages of garbage, BAU for this site

If it only 5 people were involved that would be a huge blessing :(

-Shooter died of self-inflicted gunshot wound
-Two dead (including shooter)
-Three others, including two students and an administrator, were injured in the mass shooting.

Both sides of the political aisle claim the other side is authoritarian... The only thing that holds either side back from total tyranny is the 2A.
You fear gun control because you believe it will end up repealing the 2A. So we all just have to keep accepting mass killings until y'all get the mental health care before the killings stop, apparently.

Try some gun control, see what happens for once. Jfc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT