ADVERTISEMENT

Another Monday with excellent economic news for Americans!

Buying is down this year at our store as it is at all the shops around us. I’m guessing that’s the case at many retail companies throughout the country. The lower earners bracket is where most of the wage increases have happened. We are an affluent town so those wage increases don’t particularly help our local stores. They do help Walmart, Target, fast food stores and other places lower earners shop. Inflation needed to be slowed, so this short term pain was necessary, imo.

Reactions: torbee
I see the PR machine is in overdrive but I'm more in tune with what my eyes are actually seeing. Visits to the grocery store for the common American continue to be brutal.

PR machine is in overdrive. Fox has spent the whole Biden administration blaming him for inflation, now that inflation is going down and perhaps some of his policies are working, they have switched to "inflation is happening all over the world" and are trying to backpedal on Biden's impact.

A typical American household now carries around $10,000 in card debt, by one recent WalletHub estimate.

That's a spending problem and not prioritizing what's important. It's not the newest I phone, new car, huge house, etc... we don't spend well as a society because we are told to just spend, spend, spend.

So we're supposed to celebrate that after two really bad years under Biden, things are finally starting to turn around? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy when things are getting better, but who made things bad in the first place?
You think one person has the power to do all that? I mean really... Joe Biden created inflation in Great Britain and other countries across the world? Ridiculous

Joe_Biden_%28The_Onion%2C_2009%29.jpg

I see the PR machine is in overdrive but I'm more in tune with what my eyes are actually seeing. Visits to the grocery store for the common American continue to be brutal.
Right. And that wasn’t the fault of Joe or the former guy. There’s still price gouging as Rep. Porter showed in her House committee. At least Biden has been trying to lower it and he’s done better than anywhere else. I still await a Republican plan to help. Anything other than grievances.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I'll give credit where credit is due, on the surface this appears to be decent economic news. It doesn't "feel" like inflation has cooled when I go grocery shopping, but I haven't had any real sticker shock recently either, maybe I've just become numb to it...

But if these numbers are legit, then let's see if this becomes a month over month consistent trend.
I agree with you. I shake my head at the prices of things every time I go to the store. Especially SMH when we go out to dinner.

PR machine is in overdrive. Fox has spent the whole Biden administration blaming him for inflation, now that inflation is going down and perhaps some of his policies are working, they have switched to "inflation is happening all over the world" and are trying to backpedal on Biden's impact.
Of course they are. Their viewers then regurgitate it.

So we're supposed to celebrate that after two really bad years under Biden, things are finally starting to turn around? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy when things are getting better, but who made things bad in the first place?
Seriously, what happened to you?

Reactions: mattymoknows
Do you mean the usual suspects like Americans who can't afford the cost of living?

On one hand the left freaks out when measures are put in place to curtail public assistance programs and on the other hand they like to champion the great economy and make fun of people that may be struggling. Another day in lib land.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk

You're almost there.

Reactions: MitchLL
Biden's withdrawal from Afghanistan proved how weak and stupid he was. Predators attack when they sense a wounded animal.
One, that’s flatly idiotic. Two, the military KNEW for more than a year that there was a withdrawal date. It was set by your buddy Trump (cue the bleats of never having voted for him) nearly a year before the end of his term. Then Biden EXTENDED withdrawal for another four months. If it was f’ed up, blame the people who were responsible for planning and executing it.

Last edited:
On one hand the left freaks out when measures are put in place to curtail public assistance programs and on the other hand they like to champion the great economy and make fun of people that may be struggling. Another day in lib land.
Really? Maybe I missed it. Who’s “making fun of people who may be struggling”? Other than wingnuts like you, of course.

Post #21...

Not to mention the flippant and dismissive posts about high grocery prices.
I’ll agree with that. And given your obvious concern, I’m sure you’re on board with expanding SNAP benefits to ease the burden on the poorest families. Oh…wait. You’re very dismissive of them. Even flippant.

Only 8 percent of SNAP clients are able-bodied adults.

I don't believe that for a second.

I’ll agree with that. And given your obvious concern, I’m sure you’re on board with expanding SNAP benefits to ease the burden on the poorest families. Oh…wait. You’re very dismissive of them. Even flippant.

I'm consistent on these matters. It's the left that plays both sides of it. That's my point.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Watched Larry Kudlow, a former Trump employee, on Fox Business Channel today.
BTW...Kudlow seldom talks about business items, it's 99% politics.

Poor Larry is gonna need a chiropractor after twisting like a pretzel trying to spin the good economic news as a negative.
Kept bringing up global issues where the WH has little to no influence.
It was both sad and funny.
Republicans are in a tough spot right now, especially with RonnyBoy falling like a rock.

I don't know why you're struggling but maybe you could pick up an extra shift or a 2nd job. Those bootstraps aren't going to pull themselves.

One, that’s flatly idiotic. Two, the military KNEW for more than a year that there was a withdrawal date. It was set by your buddy Trump (cue the bleats of never having voted for him) nearly a year before the end of his term. Then Biden EXTENDED withdrawal for another four months. If it was f’ed up, blame the people who were responsible for planning and executing it.

The buck stops at the top. Trump got out of Obama pathetic deal with Iraq. Maybe don't give up the air support first. Biden is in charge so blame falls to him.

It is flatly idiotic you don't understand cause and effect.

Gas is also 2 F'N high by a buck at least. Groceries are out of control.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT