149- Rathjen won by Dec., 11-5; finishes 5th
157- Franek MFs; finishes 4th
165- Caliendo won by Dec., 8-5 SV-1; finishes 3rd
174- Kennedy won by Dec., 4-1 SV-1; finishes 5th
184- Riggins lost 9th place match by Fall 3:49
197- Glazier
HWT- Hill
Hill take 5th?

Waiting for Ironbird and Monkey to tell us how Brooks stalled to the tech fall. (Try losing and talk sh**. It would suit you and your fanbase better. Trust me....... ;)) You: "Nah, I'll just leave that to you blah blah blah"
17e30a6a-9e58-44ed-b835-a5e972739bdb_text.gif

Props to Glazier he at least wrestled he didn't Michigan it. (Thanks! :D)

But really though......

62d07b27-dfd8-4e7b-a68b-057b6d933057_text.gif

Sadly, I think Smith was overranked due to 1 early season win over Sloan. Sloan has always been inconsistent, kind of like Warner was during the season. Other than Little, Smith was probably Glazier’s best chance to beat a top 10 guy.

If I had to seed the weight I would go Brooks, Hidlay, Beard, Sloan, Deprez, Elam, Buchanan and then Glazier. However, there is a big mash up of these guys in the Big12 and EIWA, so Glazier may benefit from them losing to each other and could sneak up a slot or 2. Still, I think he has a really hard time beating any of the names I listed. Hope he finds a way, but he has to be even better than he has wrestled so far.

Edited due to: Elam beat Buchanan at Big 12’s. Cardenas also beat Deprez at EIWA’s, but he has quite a few losses. I could see Glazier above both and moving up to a 7th seed.
I'm hoping Glazier gets the 6 or 7.

Reactions: Inthecircle
Iowa Team Results from Medal Round:

125- Ayala won by Dec., 4-1; finishes 3rd
133- Teske won by Dec., 4-1; finishes 5th
141- Woods won by Dec., 11-8; finishes 3rd
149- Rathjen won by Dec., 11-5; finishes 5th
157- Franek MFs; finishes 4th
165- Caliendo won by Dec., 8-5 SV-1; finishes 3rd
174- Kennedy won by Dec., 4-1 SV-1; finishes 5th
184- Riggins lost 9th place match by Fall 3:49
197- Glazier lost by TF, 19-3; finishes 2nd
HWT- Hill won by Dec., 4-1; finishes 5th

Reactions: AFHawk86
I'm hoping Glazier gets the 6 or 7.
I think 7 is the absolute best he can get looking at what has happened at the other tournaments so far. His best chance is jumping over Deprez and Cardenas, but he could still end up behind Little and end up 8th anyway…

• Sad
Reactions: Inthecircle
There should never be a sentence that includes the words Messenbrink and stall…..the hate is real in this one
Keep hooking the leg with his legs while forearm shoving to the back of the neck and not trying to turn until you get a minute of RT and that word will continue to be attached to Messenbrink and all your upper weight wrestlers that employ those tactics.

Deal with it. :)

Keep hooking the leg with his legs while forearm shoving to the back of the neck and not trying to turn until you get a minute of RT and that word will continue to be attached to Messenbrink and all your upper weight wrestlers that employ those tactics.

I am dealing with it just fine, you seem to be the one struggling to deal with it, don’t forget to take your meds tonight

Wait are you suggesting an illegal fist to the back?

You can defend Brands or not defend him. You can say overall they wrestled well or they didn't.

Reality is 4th place in the conference what anyone expects from an Iowa Wrestling team?
Dude, the gambling fiasco is the only reason they didn’t take 2nd. If they took 4th with Brands, Assad and Cass in the lineup your argument would be much more powerful than it actually is…

I don't know about you guys but anybody else have a hankering for Ms Ts perogies.

Some of us would prefer not to bend over for Penn State.

Then there's people like you. ;)

P.S. understand that winning doesn't earn a pass from me, regardless of how ridiculous you think that is. I get that it makes some people, like you, uncomfortable. It's not easy.

But no program in any sport is untouchable.

arya-stark-game-of-thrones.gif
Cael yo daddy
Billy Bob Thornton Edgar GIF

Davis and Kerk's interviews definitely not fun to watch. I'm assuming they both mean the real goal is nationals. But what a couple of downers.
Yeah I hate that too. Winning a big ten championship is a big deal. Act like you appreciate your accomplishment at least.
Cult-like, programed responses. Real weird.

So 2nd a country mile behind penn state is our ceiling now?
To be fair, it would be the same ceiling for most of Gable’s teams and all but maybe 1 of Tom’s. PSU is simply THAT good this year. You can complain about Iowa and some of it is warranted, but you also have to open your eyes and realize just how good PSU is right now.

Think bowling. PSU is the guy averaging 279. It’s nearly unprecedented and impossible to beat. You can’t do anything to stop him from bowling it so you have to hope you can be your absolute best and maybe sneak 1 or 2 in.

To be clear, PSU just did this at B1G’s: 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 1st, INJ and run away with it 1st if he wasn’t hurt, 2nd, 1st, 1st.

Going into NCAA’s they have legit chance to win it at 125, 141, 157, 165, 197 and 285. If not for serious injuries you would add 149 and 174. That doesn’t even account for mid level AA’s at 133 and 184 and Kasak may even make the podium at 149.

Over and over I GET that everyone expects Iowa to be right in it for 1st every year. But, I am telling you this year wasn’t happening for damn near every team that has ever been at ANY school since wrestling started…

Maybe there is something to it huh? Seems to be working for them.
Stop bashing people's faith.
Has no bearing on you what they believe.
Why do religious people feel the need to publicly preach their religion when a microphone is put in front of them though? IMO it’s a personal thing unless in a place of worship. Publicly thanking a god for an athletic accomplishment is cliche.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT