ADVERTISEMENT

BIGS session 3 thread

If interest. Bowman is still going for 9th. The winner will not get auto qualifier but will be eligible for at large bid. If you have to be 1 place off of the auto qualifier to be considered for an at large bid... Stoll is out as only 7 auto qualifiers for hwy while 8 for 174. Can someone tell me if that means Stoll is absolutely eliminated from NCAA.

To meet eligibility for an at-large selection to Nationals, a wrestler must meet 2 of 6 criteria (aka "meeting Bronze Standard").

Placing one spot below an autoqualifier placing (why 174 wrestles to 9th, while 285 wrestles to only 8th) is but one of those criteria. Stoll is eligible for an at-large selection based on other criteria (e.g., >0.700 winning percentage against D1 opponents, Top 33 Coaches Ranking, a win over a national qualifier).

Okay, now I don’t get why Bowman is going again? I thought he was 9th and the 7/8 match already took place?

To meet eligibility for an at-large selection to Nationals, a wrestler must meet 2 of 6 criteria (aka "meeting Bronze Standard").

Placing one spot below an autoqualifier placing (why 174 wrestles to 9th, while 285 wrestles to only 8th) is but one of those criteria. Stoll is eligible for an at-large selection based on other criteria (e.g., >0.700 winning percentage against D1 opponents, Top 33 Coaches Ranking, a win over a national qualifier).
Didn’t Stoll enter the tournament at 8-3? If so these 2 losses knock his win % under 700.

Didn’t Stoll enter the tournament at 8-3? If so these 2 losses knock his win % under 700.

I was interpreting the winning percentage as exclusive of the postseason. I could be wrong. Either way, he'll meet two other criteria.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT