ADVERTISEMENT

Cancelling college football is NUTS!

Tell you what. Lets go down to the CDC, they can infect me with Covid and you with Ebola. Lets see who fares better. LOL Covid will be eventually managed with Herd immunity, Ebola most likely will not. ;) To be honest I am not worried about Covid 19. If I get it, I figure I have a 99% chance to survive. And you think Ebola is easier to contain? Ok, maybe if you know who the first few people are that have it and you get them quickly isolated, but no virus is going to be easy to contain when the country of origin hides it for months until it's already been spread to every land mass on earth.
This doesn't make any sense. It's not about death rate, it's about death numbers that go along with the contagious ability of this virus.

Pardone him from a corrupt hoax of an investigation. No merit for that investigation whatsoever, that cost millions. They went to his house with swat and armored vehicles lol. Oh yeah, and cnn happened to be there filming it all. What a joke
He was convicted by a JURY on ALL counts. Those twelve people must have all been libtards with a political agenda, huh?

He was convicted by a JURY on ALL counts. Those twelve people must have all been libtards with a political agenda, huh?

You might want to actually look at some numbers before you run to the internet.

charlie-clemency-footnote.png

86766349_1260816097437716_7463980109007945728_o.jpg

I don't know you, we might even be able to be friends but you and I see things much differently. Everyone is titled to their own thoughts and opinions. While not agreeing with you, we all need to realize we can not and will never be able to force eachs ideas on others.

You might want to actually look at some numbers before you run to the internet.
How does that remotely relate to my original post? Kurt Warner cited the "corrupt investigation" as a justification for Stone's commutation. My point was that, even if you accept that the investigation had a political intent, he was ultimately convicted on ALL counts by a jury of his peers. The tweet from your obese, orange deity did not even claim that Stone was innocent of the charges. Fact: Stone committed federal crimes in order to protect Trump, and Trump commuted his sentence. Even Republicans are calling the act corrupt and unprecedented.

Reactions: blackandgoldPT
How does that remotely relate to my original post? Kurt Warner cited the "corrupt investigation" as a justification for Stone's commutation. My point was that, even if you accept that the investigation had a political intent, he was ultimately convicted on ALL counts by a jury of his peers. The tweet from your obese, orange deity did not even claim that Stone was innocent of the charges. Fact: Stone committed federal crimes in order to protect Trump, and Trump commuted his sentence. Even Republicans are calling the act corrupt and unprecedented.

So you have researched all of Obama's thoroughly? That's my point! It is a political. Does it make it right- no. You are only upset though because it is Trump but probably didn't say a word when Obama used his power for the same thing. If you are going to be outraged at least don't be a hypocrite of outrage.

So you have researched all of Obama's thoroughly? That's my point! It is a political. Does it make it right- no. You are only upset though because it is Trump but probably didn't say a word when Obama used his power for the same thing. If you are going to be outraged at least don't be a hypocrite of outrage.

When did Obama pardon/commute someone who helped cover up potential criminal liability by him? I'll wait.

I dont know if we will or won't have football this year but I will say this, if we don't have it CFB as we know it might be in trouble. Speaking only from personal experience here, the wife and I are getting really good at finding things to do on a Saturday and its pretty hard to ignore how much more productive we are if Saturday doesn't consist of being glued to the TV. Losing 4-5 good Saturdays to drive up to Kinnick might be replaced with the game on the radio and other things we like/need to do.

This doesn't make any sense. It's not about death rate, it's about death numbers that go along with the contagious ability of this virus.
It doesn't make sense to say it's not about death rate but about death numbers, isn't that about the same thing? One is a number of deaths associated with Covid, the other is the percentage of number of deaths. The virus is already out, no one is going to stop it, but why should we be locked up when you have a 99% chance of survival? That's my point. Tell me what other pandemic have we ever been locked up for? Even the death numbers have to be questioned as it seems EVERYONE that dies, regardless of the reason who tests positive with Covid is being counted as a Covid death. Add to that, if the majority of deaths are people above age 70, or individuals with other health issues like heart disease, lung problems ect, then it's fair to say that it is NOT lethal to over 99% of the population. If your scared, by all means, stay home. Me, I'm not scared. I know several people who have had Covid. All of them were under the age of 60, and really most of them felt nothing, or like they had a cold. I'm 56 and diabetic, so I guess theoretically I have a higher chance at death if I catch it.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I remember a pretty lengthy trial over that very matter. Remind me which diversion tactic of the left that was again?
Oh so you don't have an answer but just some cryptic question. What are you even talking about?

Reactions: cecilB
Sweden will never be a fair comparison to the United States. Those people wear
MAsks and socially distance due to a high level of baseline intelligence and concern for the greater good. No middle aged white guys beating their chests about their liberties and refusing to wear a mask.
So is it really just middle aged white guys? I'm starting to develop a real inferiority complex......:oops: Oh good, I guess I'm clear, I'm no longer just middle aged! :rolleyes:

Pollard strikes again. Spending money he doesn’t have. If no football, ISU is basically done. I mean done. My source says they can only save football and basketball for 1 year but even then the coaches getting paid about zero. That means Matty is gone (and who will they hire?) and Prohm will stay cause nobody will hire him. Like I said, JP wanted to piss in the tall grass but ISU isn’t Wisconsin (his dream job) or Iowa for that matter and the Big 12 (unless you are Texas or Okie) isn’t the Big 10. Also heard CF will be shutting down 9/1 if no football. Bad day to be a Clone. Yikes

Sweden will never be a fair comparison to the United States. Those people wear
MAsks and socially distance due to a high level of baseline intelligence and concern for the greater good. No middle aged white guys beating their chests about their liberties and refusing to wear a mask.
White people? Hell Asians don't even wear them around here!

Also heard from somebody on the foundation that Iowa wants to move the Clone game to once every 2 years. But Pollard like he did when ND approached Iowa is saying no until he gets another P5 commitment for home and home which they haven’t had (besides Iowa) since the mid-90’s. While I think Barta will relent I hear Barta will force their hand with the game in IC next year or cancel it. ISU is in deep crap with zero leverage.

Reactions: hexumhawk
Also heard from somebody on the foundation that Iowa wants to move the Clone game to once every 2 years. But Pollard like he did when ND approached Iowa is saying no until he gets another P5 commitment for home and home which they haven’t had (besides Iowa) since the mid-90’s. While I think Barta will relent I hear Barta will force their hand with the game in IC next year or cancel it. ISU is in deep crap with zero leverage.

If stuff gets moved to spring there won't be any non-con games in fall 2021 either.

Fever - u r right. It is the next game with ISU will be in IC or they can continue traveling to Akron for OOC games. I simply meant that I hear Barta will back off canceling the series if the next game whenever it is kicks in IC. I wish he would dump it but he is playing nice. Pollard has zero leverage and Barta knows it. So does the foundation and boosters.

Fever - u r right. It is the next game with ISU will be in IC or they can continue traveling to Akron for OOC games. I simply meant that I hear Barta will back off canceling the series if the next game whenever it is kicks in IC. I wish he would dump it but he is playing nice. Pollard has zero leverage and Barta knows it. So does the foundation and boosters.

I would love to see it. I wish if the season was completely cancelled you just reboot and play fall 2020 schedule exactly as is in 2021.

In Pollard's message today he states that even if there was a spring season they have financial issues to cover $40 million in operating expenses for the fall.

Th big business of college sports is going to get exposed. The athletes are taking the lions share of the risk and getting a fraction of the reward. The other problem is what happens when personal injury attorneys get ahold of a student athlete dying. Is there foreseeability and negligence here and if so, what would be the damage via a law suit?

Wow. I am have not been a Barta fan but am now for this issue. JP is agreeing to the next game in IC. There is also movement to cancel after that game. But I think that was leverage to get the game. However, it was unanimous to cancel the series. Pollard is waiving the contract but peanuts for the foundation. This is awesome.

Here is the risk by age stratification as of July 1st. Its ridiculous for college football not to be played, keep in mind if we could break out 18-22 year olds its even a lot less. Its also insane to think high school football might not, there is even less risk even though some people might not be able to attend the games that are older.

Reactions: pmtdc and hexumhawk
If anything the stadiums should be packed with healthy, young people under 30 years old(maybe even older) so the virus can reach the approximate 20-25% infected rate needed to burn out.

Reactions: pmtdc
Here is the risk by age stratification as of July 1st. Its ridiculous for college football not to be played, keep in mind if we could break out 18-22 year olds its even a lot less. Its also insane to think high school football might not, there is even less risk even though some people might not be able to attend the games that are older.

How about the average ages of the coaches, the linesmen, the officials, the down marker dudes, the camera crews, the announcers, the parents/families of the players, your late career big dollar donors...etc.?

How about the average ages of the coaches, the linesmen, the officials, the down marker dudes, the camera crews, the announcers, the parents/families of the players, your late career big dollar donors...etc.?

Why don't we try this novel approach? Those who are risk stay away and those that feel it is manageable continue to go about their roles. If the ones at risk are supposed to be isolated it shouldn't effect others continuing in significant numbers.

Reactions: pmtdc
Why don't we try this novel approach? Those who are risk stay away and those that feel it is manageable continue to go about their roles. If the ones at risk are supposed to be isolated it shouldn't effect others continuing in significant numbers.

The group I just listed all have numerous "at risk" people. The show likely doesn't go on without them.

Reactions: not_mantiteo

If everyone wears a mask for the next 5 weeks we should be good.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Th big business of college sports is going to get exposed. The athletes are taking the lions share of the risk and getting a fraction of the reward. The other problem is what happens when personal injury attorneys get ahold of a student athlete dying. Is there foreseeability and negligence here and if so, what would be the damage via a law suit?

On the flip side, if college sports went away, how many players that currently get athletic scholarships to college won't have that option? Football, and to a lesser extent basketball, fund all the other sports.

Because we’ve been doing that for 4 months and we can’t get it under control? How about everybody takes the proper precautions and we put an end to it. This is going to be a miserable winter if half the population continues to try and go about their business and puts everybody back in lockdown when it’s too cold to even go outside for a walk

On the flip side, if college sports went away, how many players that currently get athletic scholarships to college won't have that option? Football, and to a lesser extent basketball, fund all the other sports.
I guess they’d have to take our student loans like the rest of the country.

It doesn't make sense to say it's not about death rate but about death numbers, isn't that about the same thing? One is a number of deaths associated with Covid, the other is the percentage of number of deaths. The virus is already out, no one is going to stop it, but why should we be locked up when you have a 99% chance of survival? That's my point. Tell me what other pandemic have we ever been locked up for? Even the death numbers have to be questioned as it seems EVERYONE that dies, regardless of the reason who tests positive with Covid is being counted as a Covid death. Add to that, if the majority of deaths are people above age 70, or individuals with other health issues like heart disease, lung problems ect, then it's fair to say that it is NOT lethal to over 99% of the population. If your scared, by all means, stay home. Me, I'm not scared. I know several people who have had Covid. All of them were under the age of 60, and really most of them felt nothing, or like they had a cold. I'm 56 and diabetic, so I guess theoretically I have a higher chance at death if I catch it.
My point was only to say your point didn't make sense. It's about death numbers, as the virus and it's reactions/spreadability in total make more sense than if you get it and die. Your comparison would make more sense if you and your friend both went into an infectious disease tanks, one with Ebola floating and one with Coronavirus floating. I'm guessing you'd be more willing to go into Ebola, knowing damn well you probably aren't even going to get it to begin with by just sitting there.
Here's my first point, I don't give two sh*** if you think wearing a mask is uncool or inconvenient, and I'm not going to tell someone they have to wear a mask. However, the death rate is dropping because older people are social distancing more. The median age in Florida alone for Covid has moved from 65 to 35. But why, why do people social distancing, those in nursing homes, etc have to be put at more risk because some refuse to just wear a mask out in public. With the virus spreading like wildfire, at some point, more and more caretakers at nursing centers are going to get it and pass it to those more susceptible, who are doing the safe thing.
Second point, it's not just about death rate for many of us. It's about the possibility of being down and out for weeks. I've got two young children at home, who will take care of them if I and my wife get sick. Our parents, being high risk can't, so who? That's another problem.
Finally, from a personal standpoint, my view is much different. In Chicago, I've had 13 friends/known people who have gotten the virus. 5 of those, literally had nothing. The other 8 were pretty sick. when I say pretty sick, I mean down and out for 10 days plus. 5 of those 8 were hospitalized at some point, and 2 died. The two that died were 51, and 33. Neither had underlying symptoms, I played basketball with the 33 year old regularly, he was extremely fit, and the 51 year old was his dad. Bottom line, I don't know shi* about this virus. I don't, I admit it. I don't believe any of the numbers coming out, from either side. All I know, is from my personal perspective on this, this virus is confusing as hell. Who do some get sicker than others, why do some die? Why are some not feeling anything?
6 months down with this virus and the information is still different every day, that's why I wear a mask. We just don't know. I don't know if there are different strains of the virus, more prone people, long lasting effects, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT