ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to the B1G

Here's the challenge:

impose academic standards. Next question.

The market size of Miami obviously. If Miami can get back to prominence, they're more valuable to the Big Ten than FSU. Guessing that would happen quicker if they were to join a real conference like the Big Ten. Clemson is closer to the Atlanta market as well. Tallahassee? Nobody cares. We don't need Nebraksa v2 in the Big Ten

Miami is a joke. No one who lives there goes to the games and their following on television isn’t much better. Their stadium is only full when FSU comes to town.

Reactions: The Tradition
Tally’s a fun place during football season. It’s a decent sized very Southern city with some decent bars and restaurants that cater to crowds on football weekends. It’s got some beautiful neighborhoods, a stable economy, is hilly unlike most of Florida, and is very family friendly.
The airport has costly flights to Atlanta.
Medical care is only slightly above average. There’s a coastline 25 minutes away. World class fishing and hunting.
What more could you want?
Coastline 0 miles away? Lol

Cause FSU is awakening and would make it to where Iowa wouldn't ever sniff the Big title game
lol, dude, calm down. You think being in a conference with Michigan, Ohio state, USC, Penn St., and Oregon you would be the reason Iowa never sees the championship game? I’m gonna lol again.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
Agree, JR and Solar have been awful. And millah is trolling the shit out of people. I can see why you'd want Iowa to lose.
I’ve been awful? Goddamn you are one thin skinned MF’er. Seriously, calm down, it’s all in good fun, unless you’re a pussy I guess.

Nah, I’ll get through it and rebuild if I have to. I moved to Florida to be on the water and that’s what I intend to do till I’m in the ground.

On the water is one thing.... IN the water during a storm surge is something else entirely....

This thread reeks of Iowa football irrelevancy. Lol.

About as much as FSU fans insecurity.

I appreciate what you fellas, gals, and they/thems bring to the board but it is a bit odd to start posts about your football program and almost demand we give you your flowers.

I can't imagine spending my free time going to other teams message boards and getting in my feelings when people don't tell me how awesome Iowa is at women's BB, wrestling, or football. It's a bit weird some of you (y'all---trying to make you feel at home here) really want to tell us how awesome you are. I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think most people really care.

Look, you're amazing. The B1G should get on their hands and knees and thank you for even considering coming in to our conference. Let us know what team you want us to kick out to keep us at 18 and we'll send them packing.

About as much as FSU fans insecurity.

I appreciate what you fellas, gals, and they/thems bring to the board but it is a bit odd to start posts about your football program and almost demand we give you your flowers.

I can't imagine spending my free time going to other teams message boards and getting in my feelings when people don't tell me how awesome Iowa is at women's BB, wrestling, or football. It's a bit weird some of you (y'all---trying to make you feel at home here) really want to tell us how awesome you are. I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think most people really care.

Look, you're amazing. The B1G should get on their hands and knees and thank you for even considering coming in to our conference. Let us know what team you want us to kick out to keep us at 18 and we'll send them packing.

Maryland.

Reactions: gojojo
Yea its too bad they aren't on the same level of the Washington program otherwise they may have gotten in immediately. Undefeated AND in the playoffs, great sports market in Seattle, etc

Washington’s conference disintegrated and they joined the B1G for a half share. FSU has bigger tv viewer numbers than Notre Dame. We are in this mess because our retired state senator president who strong armed his way into the job, signed the current deal that locks us into the ACC through 2036 without having any legal staff review the contract. If not for that astounding stupidity, we’d either already be in the B1G or joining the next year. Because of the cost to get out, it will be closer to 2030. Fortunately, that hack is no longer president.

Washington’s conference disintegrated and they joined the B1G for a half share. FSU has bigger tv viewer numbers than Notre Dame. We are in this mess because our retired state senator president who strong armed his way into the job, signed the current deal that locks us into the ACC through 2036 without having any legal staff review the contract. If not for that astounding stupidity, we’d either already be in the B1G or joining the next year. Because of the cost to get out, it will be closer to 2030. Fortunately, that hack is no longer president.
Seems like an eternity, but will be here before we know it. Older I get, the more this rings true.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
I’ve been awful? Goddamn you are one thin skinned MF’er. Seriously, calm down, it’s all in good fun, unless you’re a pussy I guess.
Well, you have been an ass - but you’ll see that my post was a play on tenacities. So unbunch your panties.

Well, you have been an ass - but you’ll see that my post was a play on tenacities. So unbunch your panties.
Sounds Good GIF by Leroy Patterson

I say go to 24 teams... add Arizona State, Colorado, Notre Dame, Clemson and Miami. That adds in the Phoenix, Denver, Atlanta/Charlotte and Miami markets and you also get a big name brand like Notre Dame.

Last open spot can be fought over by Boston College, Stanford, Houston and Florida State. Maybe some sort of obstacle course or talent contest of some kind.

I say go to 24 teams... add Arizona State, Colorado, Notre Dame, Clemson and Miami. That adds in the Phoenix, Denver, Atlanta/Charlotte and Miami markets and you also get a big name brand like Notre Dame.

Last open spot can be fought over by Boston College, Stanford, Houston and Florida State. Maybe some sort of obstacle course or talent contest of some kind.
Trying to hard, you are

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT