ADVERTISEMENT

Gabe Arnold

You're welcome. Little in this world pleases me more knowing I've done something to put a smile on another's face. Have a great day! šŸ˜‰
Just to keep with making each other feel good, I didnā€™t just smile. I actually giggled ā€œlike a school girlā€(I use this saying, which I in no way coined, for a very specific reason) a few times.

It is too late to say, ā€œHave a great day!ā€ So, I will just say, ā€œHave a great week!ā€

Last edited:
Reactions: Grip220
Iā€™m now convinced this chick is a 12 yr old whose parents donā€™t monitor their online activity. My number is still in your DM. And Iā€™m still waiting on your call, which I know will never happen. What the hell is wrong with our society when we feel the need to name-call teenagers? Let me say this directly: my kid nor anyone in my family has ever ducked anything in our lives, nor will we ever. Again, call me Iā€™d be happy to tell you the actual truth, but of course, that wouldnā€™t fit your narrative now would it? Instead, Iā€™ll leave you with our southern saying of ā€œbless your heartā€.

In other news, I saved 15% when I switched to Gieco the other day. Then I turned around and spent the savings on the guy calling about my extended warranty.
Sorry, man, but if you call someone out as overrated and say youā€™re coming to get them, and then donā€™t show up on the mat, that is the very definition of ducking. Whatever you say is the reason is an excuse. Excuses are for wusses, right?

How about the one where he is humiliating another wrestler by spanking him on the mat? Would that be better?
well I though he was just getting his headshot and super imposing it on a duck. Thatā€™s the assignment. I mean if thatā€™s the picture he wants to use, Iā€™m totally fine with it too. However, pretty sure that one played itself out a couple months ago. Please keep up. šŸ˜

I guess my growing up in a ā€œtoxic masculineā€ environment where fully intended and often very cruel insults were the norm, thickened my skin
Maybe just try to empathize more.

Perhaps consider others may not have been similarly raised, or if they have, they may have come to realize one need not be forged in the fire of very cruel insults or develop a thick skin.

Maybe the other is tired of things like uses of the word 'chick' and feel it's time to take the stand wherever and whenever such micro aggressions occur.

I know the last part is tough on lifetime card-carrying members of the patriarchy. Still I hope and pray it's not too tough for any parent of a 9 year old girl in the year 2024 that they couldn't continue to evolve.

The fact that I got the parent of a wrestler in this sort of meltdown is endearing. LOL.
No meltdown at all; I honestly was waiting for you to call so I could tell you exactly what was going on with him. You chose not to, which proves that you really were never interested in the truth, which is fine. Youā€™re still welcome to call, Iā€™m actually a very well mannered and nice guy. Who knows; you might even like me and want to be my friend, which Iā€™m totally cool with. Just make it before 10pm cst. Iā€™m old and need my rest.

Maybe just try to empathize more.

Perhaps consider others may not have been similarly raised, or if they have, they may have come to realize one need not be forged in the fire of very cruel insults or develop a thick skin.

Maybe the other is tired of things like uses of the word 'chick' and feel it's time to take the stand wherever and whenever such micoagressions occur.

I know the last part is tough on lifetime card-carrying members of the patriarchy. Still I hope and pray it's not too tough for any parent of a 9 year old girl in the year 2024 that they couldn't continue to evolve.
Or, I could actually empathize when empathizing is actually necessary. But, again, thank you for your concern and attempt to tell me what I know and feel and how and what to change to.

Your genuine concern for my daughter is so compelling. You seem like such a great person. Thank you for being you!

Or, I could actually empathize when empathizing is actually necessary. But, again, thank you for your concern and attempt to tell me what I know and feel and how and what to change to.

Your genuine concern for my daughter is so compelling. You seem like such a great person. Thank you for being you!
adventure time tongue GIF

Reactions: MSU158
Trust me, I didnā€™t exert any energy in that one. It just gets old with some of these people on here. Iā€™ve said it before, but the reality is this forum is pure evidence of why some mammals eat their youngā€¦. šŸ¤Ŗ.
I think you meant this forum often provides evidence why MORE mammals SHOULD HAVE EATEN their young.

And the girl part is ONLY an insult if you take it that way. Much like saying white people like mayo and black people like hot sauce. Not all do, but it is enough of a trend to say both. Only people that want to be insulted find it as one.

I guess he could have just said a 12 year old, but honestly, in my experience, adding the girl part simply made it more accurate. But, I guess I am different in that I am not always looking to be offendedā€¦
Well damn, I'm white, hate mayo, and love hot sauce. I knew my parents screwed up. šŸ˜

just imagine having to go to another team's fan page just to troll wrestlers and teams because your life is so miserable and there are no Antifa rally for you to wear your ski masks to and ride your bikes to. As for the rest of the cesspool readers and posters...this trash talking and trolling is just normal State College rhetoric from the thousands of Olympic champions and national and World champions who reside in Central Pennsylvania...just ask them they either won it all....would have won even more if it wasn't for the damn referees ORRRRR they know the PSU wrestlers personally from meeting them at Sheetz or seeing them at the Taco Bell. Please don't expect much more as the sport of wrestling was only recently invented in State College and the rest of the world is still trying to grasp this new sport.

just imagine having to go to another team's fan page just to troll wrestlers and teams because your life is so miserable and there are no Antifa rally for you to wear your ski masks to and ride your bikes to. As for the rest of the cesspool readers and posters...this trash talking and trolling is just normal State College rhetoric from the thousands of Olympic champions and national and World champions who reside in Central Pennsylvania...just ask them they either won it all....would have won even more if it wasn't for the damn referees ORRRRR they know the PSU wrestlers personally from meeting them at Sheetz or seeing them at the Taco Bell. Please don't expect much more as the sport of wrestling was only recently invented in State College and the rest of the world is still trying to grasp this new sport.
Antifa rally? You mean when locals get together and protest fascist mobs?

Sorry, man, but if you call someone out as overrated and say youā€™re coming to get them, and then donā€™t show up on the mat, that is the very definition of ducking. Whatever you say is the reason is an excuse. Excuses are for wusses, right?
Perhaps he wrestles him next year, because Star has another year. If he doesn't come back, then clearly Star's ducking the match-up. Right? And, how can Gable be ducking when the coach decides the line-up? Just curious. Wouldn't Brands be doing the ducking?

Perhaps he wrestles him next year, because Star has another year. If he doesn't come back, then clearly Star's ducking the match-up. Right? And, how can Gable be ducking when the coach decides the line-up? Just curious. Wouldn't Brands be doing the ducking?
I think Gabe and PK rock/paper/scissored for who got to go against Starocci and PK won so he got to go. Either that or maybe Gabe won and got to not go against him? I have no insider info on this though.

Antifa rally? You mean when locals get together and protest fascist mobs?
SMH, you'll never learn. It's like a personal foul. The one who retaliated gets flagged for it.
Please at least stay away from supporting and defending Antifa unless you plan on learning exactly what they do and have done.
Yeah, just ask @HawkeyePA, they've done the research. They brought it up, not @el dub. Else, watch NewMax.
imagine having to go to another team's fan page just to troll wrestlers and teams because your life is so miserable and there are no Antifa rally for you to wear your ski masks to and ride your bikes to
What did Random's baiting of Coach Phil, which I see as unnecessary, have to do with Antifa?

Just another case of someone making another thread political for no good reason.

Perhaps he wrestles him next year, because Star has another year. If he doesn't come back, then clearly Star's ducking the match-up. Right?
Starocci has stated from the very start that he's not wrestling again next year. Could he change his mind? I guess, but he's not ducking anyone by sticking exactly to what he said he would do. Gabe said Starocci is overrated and that he is coming after him this year and would win the 174 national title, so by ducking the match with the guy he specifically called out as overrated, he is going directly against what he said he was going to do. I love the moxie and confidence, but if you're going to put yourself out there like that, you should actually show up to cash the check your mouth wrote, you know?

Starocci has stated from the very start that he's not wrestling again next year. Could he change his mind? I guess, but he's not ducking anyone by sticking exactly to what he said he would do. Gabe said Starocci is overrated and that he is coming after him this year and would win the 174 national title, so by ducking the match with the guy he specifically called out as overrated, he is going directly against what he said he was going to do. I love the moxie and confidence, but if you're going to put yourself out there like that, you should actually show up to cash the check your mouth wrote, you know?
The match is over, letā€™s move on. You made your point (multiple times).

Yes, but the COACH had a different plan. NOT the wrestler. So if we are abandoning logic, Starocci could come back so he must be ducking if he doesn't. My point here, is that neither are ducking and people get joy on ruffling feathers.

psu fans favorite thing to do is say other people are ducking them if a guy canā€™t wrestle them. if they donā€™t know the reason the guy canā€™t wrestle and someone tries to tell them then they do exactly what you are doing and refuse to listen.

yet when one of their guys doesnā€™t wrestle for some reason they want everyone to be rational and listen to their reasons why itā€™s not a duck.

SMH, you'll never learn. It's like a personal foul. The one who retaliated gets flagged for it.

Yeah, just ask @HawkeyePA, they've done the research. They brought it up, not @el dub. Else, watch NewMax.

What did Random's baiting of Coach Phil, which I see as unnecessary, have to do with Antifa?

Just another case of someone making another thread political for no good reason.
Ask your buddy El Dub.

Ask your buddy El Dub.
Demonizing with the label "Antifa" is no different than demonizing with the label "Evangelical;" they are both divisive fear mongering that aim to solidify a base.

Unfortunately, it's only considered an unfair generalization when on the receiving end.

I don't expect this to change, and I expect @el dub already realizes this, so really no need to ask him.

Reactions: el dub
Demonizing with the label "Antifa" is no different than demonizing with the label "Evangelical;" they are both divisive fear mongering that aim to solidify a base.

Unfortunately, it's only considered an unfair generalization when on the receiving end.

I don't expect this to change, and I expect @el dub already realizes this, so really no need to ask him.
Take a minute a google some of the Antifa leadership, many of whom who have been arrested, some of the violent, yes violent protests they have held, and tell me how it reasonably compares to the Evangelical right? You say you don't want political discussion yet here you go. Antifa is a violent group that the uniformed say must actually be OK because their name means anti-fascist. Pay attention to what has been done.

Take a minute a google some of the Antifa leadership, many of whom who have been arrested, some of the violent, yes violent protests they have held, and tell me how it reasonably compares to the Evangelical right? You say you don't want political discussion yet here you go. Antifa is a violent group that the uniformed say must actually be OK because their name means anti-fascist. Pay attention to what has been done.
don't really care about this argument, but this is not the strong argument you think it is lol

took 30 seconds to find this: https://www.lieffcabraser.com/survivors/evangelical-church-abuses/

"Nearly 400 Southern Baptist leaders, from youth pastors to top ministers, have pleaded guilty or been convicted of sex crimes against more than 700 victims since 1998"

Pretty sure your search for "Antifa" will provide your bubble's version to maximize your continued interest. I, on the other hand, have no interest in infecting my search algorithm results with the kind of sites that use such labels.

Reactions: el dub
Pretty sure your search for "Antifa" will provide your bubble's version to maximize your continued interest. I, on the other hand, have no interest in infecting my search algorithm results with the kind of sites that use such labels.
No - it will just prove a point and I understand why you don't want to do it. God forbid you might actually see both sides of an issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT