ADVERTISEMENT

Garland making a statement

I don't get why many still don't grasp this. The GOP is done as a political party loyal to our Constitutional Republic. It doesn't matter if Trump is gone or not. It is all in on power and is an authoritarian movement. It needs to be renounced at the polls so thoroughly then it'll implode. If not the Federal government and what we know of it will be destroyed. The next 2 elections are the most important since 1860.

Then maybe your party should stop defending him at every turn. Your party needs to make it go away.
You’re reasonable and I respect you for it. I’m interested in your thoughts on how much of the party defends him. Let’s say governors, federal representatives and senators. I feel like I see the same Twitter handles show up here all the time.

You’re reasonable and I respect you for it. I’m interested in your thoughts on how much of the party defends him. Let’s say governors, federal representatives and senators. I feel like I see the same Twitter handles show up here all the time.
aaf87cd9-1db2-4a19-95fa-a6853bc37f43-large3x4_GettyImages1197725635.jpg

There’s an awful lot of hysteria in the GOP right now. Makes you wonder why. And, if Trump and his allies do a 180 and attempt to block the unsealing then it lets you know where the road is going… and that they will put up as many roadblocks and drag this out as long as possible. Thing is you can’t run out the clock on this one.

Easier to say who doesn’t defend him. In Congress you have Cheney, Kinzinger, a handful of other GOP reps and Romney. That’s pretty much it. Not great.

So how many actively defend him? I would say ~40% or so. Maybe more. For Iowa, Reynolds, Ernst, and several reps have made statements supporting him. Edit to add Grassley has also made statements so that makes almost every Iowa based politician I have checked so far.

However, many stay silent, which one could argue is supporting it. What I am looking for and what should be happening are GOP leaders coming out and saying "enough is enough, it's time to move on" or something similar. So far, that's basically only Liz Cheney and Adam Kinsinger.

The continued blasting of our national institutions by the Right is sowing seeds of distrust that may very well undue our democracy. I am very concerned for our great country right now. I fear Trump has done damage that may not be repairable.

How did Garland become AG? Well if you read his bio you'd see that he earned the necessary education and experience to be nominated and then confirmed by the senate. If you were to take a look at the actions he's taken you can see that he acts independently of politics. He had a distinguished career before his appointment. I know you fall asleep or turn the channel whenever adults are talking or it's a subject that doesn't lend itself to name-calling and bullshit, but I thought I'd give you a chance at a reasonable answer.
“How did Garland become AG?”
Simple answer. Some might say Garland was “Ricky D’d” by Senators Grassley and McConnell. His rightful place is on the bench of the United States Supreme Court.

So how many actively defend him? I would say ~40% or so. Maybe more. For Iowa, Reynolds, Ernst, and several reps have made statements supporting him. Edit to add Grassley has also made statements so that makes almost every Iowa based politician I have checked so far.

However, many stay silent, which one could argue is supporting it. What I am looking for and what should be happening are GOP leaders coming out and saying "enough is enough, it's time to move on" or something similar. So far, that's basically only Liz Cheney and Adam Kinsinger.

The continued blasting of our national institutions by the Right is sowing seeds of distrust that may very well undue our democracy. I am very concerned for our great country right now. I fear Trump has done damage that may not be repairable.
I’m guessing you consider someone saying they don’t agree with the “raid” as defending Trump? Which I don’t 100% disagree with but it’s a bit different than sucking his orange Johnson at every turn. Maybe I should have phrased my earlier question better.

Basically, what I’m saying is that I have a difficult time thinking that 98% of elected Republicans have become so radicalized that our democracy is going to end based on Trump. Maybe I’m naive.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I’m guessing you consider someone saying they don’t agree with the “raid” as defending Trump? Which I don’t 100% disagree with but it’s a bit different than sucking his orange Johnson at every turn. Maybe I should have phrased my earlier question better.

Basically, what I’m saying is that I have a difficult time thinking that 98% of elected Republicans have become so radicalized that our democracy is going to end based on Trump. Maybe I’m naive.
Honestly I think you and many others are naive and by the time you realize that it will be too late. I’m not saying this to be a dick or anything like that.
Chis has been correct about almost everything he’s been saying for 2+ years. People just don’t want to admit it because he can be over the top and seems outrageous sometimes but he’s not wrong most of the time.

Honestly I think you and many others are naive and by the time you realize that it will be too late. I’m not saying this to be a dick or anything like that.
Chis has been correct about almost everything he’s been saying for 2+ years. People just don’t want to admit it because he can be over the top and seems outrageous sometimes but he’s not wrong most of the time.
You’re honest and I appreciate that. Republican’s are known to be nay sayers. So, if we don’t wake up, what will “America” look like going into 2030. What’s your warning to future us?

Thank you sir. The 4th estate has failed us as well with their bullshit enabling and "reporting"

That quickly? Clarify “takes/steals power” for me. Is the only way the GOP “takes” power is by “stealing” elections?
Making it harder to vote, election deniers up for election in numerous state legislatures now, SCOTUS about to review a case that could give all power of elections to state legislatures only which means they could decide to send their own approved Electoral college votes to Congress and ignore the will of the people.

That quickly? Clarify “takes/steals power” for me. Is the only way the GOP “takes” power is by “stealing” elections?
And yes that quickly. Russia's fledgling Democracy ended when Putin corrupted their institutions and changed their constitution making him the "President for life " aka Dictator. Happened in the blink of an eye to them.

Reactions: cigaretteman
It’s pretty to easy to understand if you think about it. If you are a Republican politician, you have your core that will always vote Republican no matter what.

Trump added significantly to the people who will vote Republican, that do not normally vote.

So, if you are a Republican politician, you need both voting populations if you want to win your election.

That is the main reason you see so many Republicans embracing Trump’s beliefs and fans.

It will not stop until you have your hardcore Republicans who always vote Republican say, “We reject Trump, wtf are you Republican politicians doing?”

As you can see by most of the Republicans on this board, that will not happen anytime soon.

And I don’t mean just saying it, say it at the polls by voting against Republicans. You can say Trump sucks, but if in the next election it’s Biden vs Trump and you vote 3rd party, not Biden, you are still supporting Trump.

It’s pretty to easy to understand if you think about it. If you are a Republican politician, you have your core that will always vote Republican no matter what.

Trump added significantly to the people who will vote Republican, that do not normally vote.

So, if you are a Republican politician, you need both voting populations if you want to win your election.

That is the main reason you see so many Republicans embracing Trump’s beliefs and fans.

It will not stop until you have your hardcore Republicans who always vote Republican say, “We reject Trump, wtf are you Republican politicians doing?”

As you can see by most of the Republicans on this board, that will not happen anytime soon.

And I don’t mean just saying it, say it at the polls by voting against Republicans. You can say Trump sucks, but if in the next election it’s Biden vs Trump and you vote 3rd party, not Biden, you are still supporting Trump.
Voting Democrat being the only option seems like something a Democrat would say. I plan on caucusing for anyone but Trump, if he is a nominee. If he gets the nomination, I’ll have zero motivation to vote. Not voting is not supporting Trump.

Voting Democrat being the only option seems like something a Democrat would say. I plan on caucusing for anyone but Trump, if he is a nominee. If he gets the nomination, I’ll have zero motivation to vote. Not voting is not supporting Trump.
Then sit on the bench and do nothing. Meanwhile the Republican Party will continue down the road to fascism.

I am a Democrat but you God damn better believe if the roles were reversed and the Dems were the ones leading the charge on Jan 6, I would be voting Republican.

Then sit on the bench and do nothing. Meanwhile the Republican Party will continue down the road to fascism.

I am a Democrat but you God damn better believe if the roles were reversed and the Dems were the ones leading the charge on Jan 6, I would be voting Republican.
Caucusing isn’t exactly sitting on the bench. I’d imagine you’d try and change the Democratic nominee as your first move.

I agree and commend that.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Yes…it’s 1930’s Germany. 🙄

You know, you don’t have to exaggerate to make a point.
Well when our Capitol was stormed, people hang out holding Nazi flags in support of a political party, without being condemned, and a member of Congress said that Hitler had some good ideas, AND after Trump’s raid his cult members quote Mein Kampf…

Maybe you need to open your eyes.

Chis’s track record speaks for itself. You may not like the delivery, but he’s been right on key points at every turn. I admit, Chis has even proved me wrong a time or two.
Chis is right that people who voted for Trump are the Taliban and Terrorists??? Come on

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT