ADVERTISEMENT

****Hawks @ Gophers Game Thread****

What a disappointing game from Wieskamp so far. With guys injured he really needed to step up. Instead he’s not being aggressive or even looking for his shot.

He's looking for his shot, but he's not coming off the screens hard or dribbling with intent. Watch some of the top guys, they come off those screens looking to shoot or drive, make the defense react, he's letting the defense dictate what he does. I love me some Weezy but he needs that killer mentality.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
Minny shooting 29%, we are 46% and down 5.

We’ve given up 9 offensive boards and have 8 turnovers.

I would play Joe T even if he has 2 fouls. If he fouls out big deal. He’ll learn not to have dumb fouls!

Like isolating Pemsl down in the post with the smaller guy guarding him. WAIT maybe NOT. Put it in the Basket Cordell!

Frans two foul approach HAS to change when you have a short bench like this. I’d bet good money Garza finish’s with 3 fouls or less..

Yep. As I said. That 2 foul rule GUARANTEES reduced minutes by ASSUMING that a player is going to use all 5 fouls.

Once again a reason that the stupid "fouling out" of players should change. Let the players decide the outcome, not BS home cooking foul calls

Reactions: WestIAHawk
Yep. As I said. That 2 foul rule GUARANTEES reduced minutes by ASSUMING that a player is going to use all 5 fouls.

Once again a reason that the stupid "fouling out" of players should change. Let the players decide the outcome, not BS home cooking foul calls
Garza would of had 3 fouls the way they were screwing us over. Fine with it and down 5 with 3 fouls left.

Kreiner playing well and he at least isn’t afraid to shoot. Not every one is going to go in. Him and Garza de the only ones not shooting tentatively. Connor. Pemsl. Weiskamp and Evelyn look like they need an invitation to put up a shot.
Kriener and Garza together and Iowa can pull this game out.

you are correct about Kriener, confident going to his shots.

I just don't see Iowa winning unless Garza goes off.

Offense looks dysfunctional. No three point shooters other than the passive Joe W.

I keep saying we should slow down a bit and not push the ball up court after a made basket. We get to the other end and try to drive and we stop and kick the ball out. What's the point? Run the ball up and stop? The faster we run it up court, the more possessions they get if we don't hit.

Yes, this is actually a thing. College officials have anonymously said as much......
That’s disappointing but the only reason I could come to when seeing home team hack the crap out of the visitors why the visitors are called for any light contact. I wish they could just call it even as this type of officiating is destroying the game.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
Scriotto is such a sleaze. Two touch fouls, one maybe not even a touch, and you put a seven man team's AA on the bench. Very subtle but also very significant.
What's not so subtle is that Oturu got away with more contact than that nearly every time on the defensive end.

One stayed in the game, one didnt.
One team went on a run, one didn't.

People who say refs don't affect games are morons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT