ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa St vs Iowa Game Thread*****

I agree he puts Bowen and Sandfort with 30=/- seconds. Really stupid move. I think he forgets half the time he is supposed to be coaching not watching the game. DA
Had to get his boys out and give them a hug. Didn’t know it was parents night.

Let's not get carried away with Bowen not playing, he did struggle when he was out there. Although, ISU did happen to introduce the full court press when he first came in. He was put in a tough position.

Last edited:
Calm the eff down with the Bowen transferring garbage.

He's a freshman and had multiple turnovers in a couple minutes in the 1st half. He'll worry about improving himself and get his minutes up.
Despite what I said earlier, I don't think he transfers - at least really hope he doesn't - but it has to be a little tough to have to sit and watch the starter (Ulis) do the same things you did but he gets like 33+ minutes and you get 2 (+ 30 seconds of end of game dribble the SC out time).

Maybe Iowa would have won by 25 instead of 19 if they put Bowen and Sandfort in earlier… what?
No, if you ever played a sport and was in top 8/9 players on the team you absolutely do not appreciate being thrown in the game as an afterthought with a few seconds left.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
Let's not get carried away with Bowen not playing, he did struggle when he was out there. Although, ISU did happen to introduce the full court press when he first came up. He was put in a tough position.
He did struggle, but so did Ulis a lot, so......

Obviously it’s not fantastic as you’re still complaining. We dropped 75 without our best player against a very very good defensive team, probably the best we will see this year.
Well if a team goes 5+minutes without a hoop and multiple trips down the floor with a turnover id think some subs may be in order. But I guess that’s fine when we’re winning. No big deal. Bowen learns absolutely ZERO sitting on the bench watching. But i’m sure his services won’t be needed this year at all, so why get him and run in a blowout? Same goes for dix. Same goes for Ogundele.

Reactions: DewHawk
No, if you ever played a sport and was in top 8/9 players on the team you absolutely do not appreciate being thrown in the game as an afterthought with a few seconds left.
Buddy, I’ve played sports my entire life, and I trust my coach to get the team a win. Do I want to play? Hell yeah. Am I a team player who is going to root us on regardless? Hell yeah. Especially as a true freshmen. Fran doesn’t owe anybody minutes… it’s his job to get his team wins, and he did that tonight. I know your favorites didn’t play, but if I were Fran, I’d be telling people to suck on my 20 point win and pound sand

Buddy, I’ve played sports my entire life, and I trust my coach to get the team a win. Do I want to play? Hell yeah. Am I a team player who is going to root us on regardless? Hell yeah. Especially as a true freshmen. Fran doesn’t owe anybody minutes… it’s his job to get his team wins, and he did that tonight. I know your favorites didn’t play, but if I were Fran, I’d be telling people to suck on my 20 point win and pound sand
Well so did I and you would be a lousy coach.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
I did that on purpose.
Well thanks for educating me.
Tim-Berners-Lee-640-1.jpg

He did struggle, but so did Ulis a lot, so......
Yes, Ulis did struggle with the turnovers for sure. Another way to look at it though is that Bowen had 2 turnovers vs Ulis 6 turnovers with far, far fewer minutes. Ulis played pretty well except for the 6 turnovers (which is a lot to overlook, no doubt).

And don't get me wrong, I'm a major Dasonte Bowen fan - he's really good!

Reactions: littlez
Lol

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Iowa just executed a 19 point win, without the Hawks best player, over our nationally ranked in state rival, a huge game, and dominated.

So could everyone just hold the negativity until tomorrow and let the fans enjoy the moment.

It might also give some complainers a chance to reconnect with the nature of their complaints. Finding the limited bouts of poor play to complain about the coaching/players in a dominating buzzer to buzzer lead, 19 point blow out, without the Hawks best player, over our nationally ranked and most hated in-state rival might bespeak a lack of reality and proportion.

Christmas is almost here. You can spend another Christmas morning looking for piles of horseshit after you walk past the pony.​

Yes, Ulis did struggle with the turnovers for sure. Another way to look at it though is that Bowen had 2 turnovers vs Ulis 6 turnovers with far, far fewer minutes. Ulis played pretty well except for the 6 turnovers (which is a lot to overlook, no doubt).

And don't get me wrong, I'm a major Dasonte Bowen fan - he's really good!
I guess my point is he is a freshman and has high upside and he was trying to force his game. FM should have played him in the second and told him to let the game come to him. If he didn't then you pull him out and explain why again. JMO

Iowa just executed a 19 point win, without the Hawks best player, over our nationally ranked in state rival, a huge game, and dominated.

So could everyone just hold the negativity until tomorrow and let the fans enjoy the moment.

It might also give some complainers a chance to reconnect with the nature of their complaints. Finding the limited bouts of poor play to complain about the coaching/players in a dominating buzzer to buzzer lead, 19 point blow out, without the Hawks best player, over our nationally ranked and most hated in-state rival.

Christmas is almost here. You can spend another Christmas morning looking for piles of horseshit after you walk past the pony.​
Which illustrates the point at hiw crappy it is to Bowen to have another 0 minute half after playing well.

I guess my point is he is a freshman and has high upside and he was trying to force his game. FM should have played him in the second and told him to let the game come to him. If he didn't then you pull him out and explain why again. JMO
Exactly. Again, how much is he learning by sitting on the bench? Yeah, not a lot

It's a huge game. Although it seems now that both teams are pretty sure to make the NCAA tournament, a lot can happen to make that less likely.

The Cy-Hawk trophy is technically on the line, but realistically probably not. ISU just needs to win one more sport to clinch it.

I expect ISU to get into foul trouble and somebody from Iowa to go wacko from beyond the arc. And if the ISU men shoot like the women did last night, it will not be pretty.
Nailed it @Lone Clone .
Exactly how it played out.

Yes, Bowen has incredible, incredible huge upside. I'm very excited about that young man's future as a Hawk...

Reactions: Sheahawk
What does fran tell Bowen about his pt. Love to hear that conversation.
Fran sets expectations with all his recruits, which is why he has generally low turnover within the program. You think he lied to Bowen up front? You think he promised him minutes as a true freshman? Bowen will have plenty of opportunities this season, and will probably even play decent minutes against Wisconsin in a couple days

Only read the last page of posts, and hard to believe so many are bitching about Fran, after the Hawks drubbed the Clones. Bowen didn't play well at all in the first half, and Fran was sending a message. He will play more against Wisky. Fran knows Dasonte is a key future player for the Hawks.

For those of you, and there have been a BUNCH, who have been complaining about Connor playing, what do you think now? I'm sure glad he came back for his 6th year!

DItto Rebraca, who was a man among boys tonight. He played an incredible game tonight. He has been very good for the Hawks all year, and was an unappreciated key player down the stretch last year.

Sounds bad, but the team needs to flush this game after tonight, and get ready for maybe the most important early season game of the year Sunday. Need to win home games in the B1G, and the Wisky game will be a war.

ADVERTISEMENT