ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State is the choice

Ummm, no. Iowa missed the NCAA Tournament 2 years in a row before making it last year. You don't as a coach, in year ten of a tenure, get to rebuild again. Sorry, doesn't work that way. Also, make a Sweet 16 for cripes sake. It's been 10 years.

Of course you do,.. Fran isn't going anywhere so he has no choice but to rebuild...

Lol we had a rebuilding year two years ago? How many times do we have to rebuild?

Barta needs to be gone. Idk how he kept his job after the lawsuit. Jamie Pollard, as much as i hate him, is just bullying Barta at this point.

Pollard is a douche. The Iowa Athletic Department is light years ahead of what isu has. If by bullying you mean Pollard is getting lesser results than Iowa then I would agree.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Pollard is a douche. The Iowa Athletic Department is light years ahead of what isu has. If by bullying you mean Pollard is getting lesser results than Iowa then I would agree.

They should get less results; they have less resources. We should have better results but according to Iowa fans everything is ok.

Best of luck to Foster. He made the decision he felt was in his best interest, so be it.

I don't have a strong feeling about Fran one way or another, but if this is the starting point of him exiting Iowa City, I can understand why. Only time will tell about how this recruiting class ends up, but Fran has a small margin for error going forward.

Reactions: Hawkeyes1192
I really do not know the academic standards for either school, but judging by the outside, it seems like ISU might help him more with that than Iowa would. Seems like Iowa would hold their players more accountable than ISU. That's just my outside observation, is there any truth to my outside view? Other than what I've observed over the years in football and basketball, it seems that Iowa holds them more accountable.

Thoughts?
No idea. I would guess ISU’s academic standards are more lax.

They should get less results; they have less resources. We should have better results but according to Iowa fans everything is ok.

I wouldn’t say everything is roses but it could be worse. We have fewer resources than Nebraska but they are in shambles right now except for Women’s Bowling and Volleyball.

I really do not know the academic standards for either school, but judging by the outside, it seems like ISU might help him more with that than Iowa would. Seems like Iowa would hold their players more accountable than ISU. That's just my outside observation, is there any truth to my outside view? Other than what I've observed over the years in football and basketball, it seems that Iowa holds them more accountable.

Thoughts?
No. Unless you mean ISU might have a better academic support program, which may or may not be true. Standards for the state schools are essentially the same, and NCAA standards are the same.

This should be a clear message to Fran that whatever he's selling ain't working.

Fran missed his chance about year 2 -4.

He had a chance to land potentially Montee Morris, EC Mathews, and Wes Washpun and screwed it up.

He loaded up to quickly on mid major level guard talent out of the gate. And hes done multiple times since then.

You have a window to sell hope and future results, by year 4 you need to have built momentum.

Fran never built any momentum and now there's far to long a track record of mediocrity to interest good recruits.

Luckily for Fran and Kirk, Bartas perfed status quo is stable mediocrity.

Surprised he didn't make his choice known while holding a pig under one arm.
Oh well - good luck at Moo U .

Said another way, he thinks Iowa is a top 25 team.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I do see this years team as better than last years team. Bohannon wasn’t healthy. His defense killed us cause he couldn’t move. We will either have a healthy body or a healthy Bohannon. Cook’s Defense was bad. His help side D was worse. Loved his athleticism and scoring. But plenty of turnovers. He would of been great on a team with a lot of ball handlers but that wasn’t last years hawks. And anyone who is pissed about Foster should think Patrick will put us over top right? Cause the rankings are there right? It’s gonna be a nice ride this year. I’m excited

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Doesn't matter who you hire to recruit. He is a bad coach and makes a fool out of himself on the sideline. Who actually wants to play for him? Clearly not a lot of big time recruits.
This is horseshite. Cook, Joe T., Jok? If you don't like Fran's sideline demeanor, maybe turn your attention to field hockey. Or better, debate. I agree with most that the optics of losing Foster are bad. But I doubt Iowa would have won any more games with Foster than without him. The pressure on Foster to be a star at Clownville will be huge, as it would have been in Iowa City. Let's see what happens.

I'm mad to lose a recruiting battle to ISU, but not that mad about Foster tbh. He looks and plays soft, and if his eye is on the NBA, he wanted to find a team where he would be showcased to the NBA - not a place to win. We just went through that with Cook to some degree. If that's his priority, which I don't begrudge at all, he made the right choice (assuming Prohm knows what to do with a ball dominant big man, since Prohm has only elevated guards/small forwards to the NBA).

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I am sick to death hearing about Fran's demeanor being the reason recruits don't come to Iowa. Has anyone seen Izzo undress his players? When is the last time you saw Fran scream at a player the way Izzo does. All coaches yell at referees. Fran is hardly the only one and yes, God forbid, he drops an F bomb once in a while. Grow up! My high school freshman coach did that all time. I turned out just fine.

I am sick to death hearing about Fran's demeanor being the reason recruits don't come to Iowa. Has anyone seen Izzo undress his players? When is the last time you saw Fran scream at a player the way Izzo does. All coaches yell at referees. Fran is hardly the only one and yes, God forbid, he drops an F bomb once in a while. Grow up! My high school freshman coach did that all time. I turned out just fine.

give me a final four ring and you can yell at me longer than I would let Fran. Winning at a high level makes up for a lot of things.

Not saying I entirely disagree, but Iowa St isnt exactly producing less results. They appear to be at a near all time high and their fan base continues to expand.

Granted, ISU and their fan base could care less what Hawk fans think, so there is that. Same could be said for the Iowa fan base not caring what Cyclone fans say/think.

Not saying I entirely disagree, but Iowa St isnt exactly producing less results. They appear to be at a near all time high and their fan base continues to expand.

Granted, ISU and their fan base could care less what Hawk fans think, so there is that. Same could be said for the Iowa fan base not caring what Cyclone fans say/think.

I was going by what each athletic department has accomplished across the board. Now isu does have the edge on Iowa in cross-country and Volleyball but that is about it. Iowa had a better MBB team last year.

Honestly, what do you expect from a kid from Osky? He has never had a chance to succeed. And you expected him to make the correct choice here? Now, when he comes home from college, home may seem to be an improvement. :D

I wish the kid good luck. Really.

giphy.gif

Let's be honest here. ISU has way more momentum. I personally feel like Fran is a goofball. They hold the players to certain expectations, but this guy is allowed to go nuclear on any given night and embarrass our program on a regular basis. Carver is totally underwhelming when compared to Hilton. I can't blame him for making the decision. It's still a real gut punch.

I was going by what each athletic department has accomplished across the board. Now isu does have the edge on Iowa in cross-country and Volleyball but that is about it. Iowa had a better MBB team last year.

Sour grape not a good color on you lil buddy. Chin up!

Xavier's mom alluded to the fact that ISU putting more players into the NBA in recent years may have been the deciding factor. I'm paraphrasing but she indicated that may have nudged Xavier to ISU.

That in itself is a red flag to me. Seems the young man cares more about the NBA than playing for a team. Had talent so hate to see him become a Cyclone, guess he really wasn't a Hawk fan after all.

Bit surprised he chose the Clones after coming to the game Friday night. That made no sense to me.

I'm not all that upset about his choice. Foster was not a national recruit and I think we will be all right without him. I do wish him all the best. Next man in.

"We didn't want him anyway..."

Guess we don't need any Top 60 recruits or whatever he was rated? Nationally. Not sure how that doesn't make him a "national" recruit.. Whatever that means, anyway.

Reactions: Hawks2405
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT