*****Nebraska vs Iowa Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
8:30pm BTN
Iowa -4.5
O/U 165.5

The hawks being favored over Nebraska (13-3) is comical. They hold a large edge in defensive and rebounding stats, no surprise. Their loses were to @Wisc, @Minn and Creighton. Vegas expects a high scoring game.

I don’t see a blowout but I believe Nebby wins 88-77

Iowa -4.5
O/U 165.5

The hawks being favored over Nebraska (13-3) is comical. They hold a large edge in defensive and rebounding stats, no surprise. Their loses were to @Wisc, @Minn and Creighton. Vegas expects a high scoring game.

Iowa's lines on KenPom swing by about 7 points for home games vs road games. He actually has Iowa as the biggest home court advantage in the Big Ten this year (meaning Iowa plays significantly better at home than vs on the road, this isn't based off of purely Ws and Ls). That data is based off the last 3 seasons + current in which Iowa is 50-9 at home during that stretch.
In case you were curious as to why the line is the way that it is. Vegas typically heavily aligns with KenPom on this.

Reactions: ichawk24 and Moral
Pray for a cold shooting nite from Huskers and opposite from Hawks...not too optimistic.
Maybe the hearty Iowa fans in attendance can move en masse down by the floor and make it hostile for visitors?

Reactions: VodkaSam and Moral
Really just depends on if sandfort can follow up with a similar game. Iowa is going to be in this game if they can score from deep.

Yea Nebraska had a good win against Purdue and Indiana, but other than that, the call out that Iowa is a sure lost at home is laughable bad take.

Iowa -4.5
O/U 165.5

Why are you so high on nebby? Because they shot 60% from 3 against Purdue? While I wouldn’t expect Iowa defense to be any better I still don’t think they keep shooting that well. Think this will be a 50/50 toss up.

Officials typically don't arrive until the day of the game. As long as the officials make it to Iowa City, there should be a men's basketball game today.

The Huskers arrived yesterday (see tweet below).

The game could easily get moved up on BTN TV. Live programming on BTN was not set to start until 6:30 pm CT.

BTN LIVE TV Schedule:

6:30-8:30 pm CT: Iowa Men's Wrestling at Nebraska

8:37-10:37 pm CT: Iowa MBB vs Nebraska

Why are you so high on nebby? Because they shot 60% from 3 against Purdue? While I wouldn’t expect Iowa defense to be any better I still don’t think they keep shooting that well. Think this will be a 50/50 toss up.
They have beaten the Hawks a few times under Fred, I believe. And they are much improved this season.

Reactions: sm_hawkeye
They have beaten the Hawks a few times under Fred, I believe. And they are much improved this season.
Fair. It was actually the last regular season game that Iowa last at home to nebby. The start of a 3 game losing streak to finish the year, not a great lead up to a season sure to be a down year.

Payton only scored 8 points off the bench that game. This was a random shooting out burst from Patrick who hit 6/10 from deep but the rest of the team went 6/27 killed that mattering.

Reactions: 83Hawk
Just look suspicious as possible when you do it and you will be fine.

And 830pm?!? This better be central European standard time. Ridiculous.
There might be like 25 people in attendance. Not sure they’ll work too hard to bother checking tickets but they could be bored for the security that does show up

Reactions: Moral
Geezus, a little snow on the ground and you all turtle up? The roads will be clear by tonight.

Fair weather fans for sure. But I do live in sunny San Diego! 😎

Tv Show Fun GIF by Happy Place

Looks like the Iowa wrestlers made it to Lincoln.

6:30-8:30 pm CT: Iowa Men's Wrestling at Nebraska

8:37-10:37 pm CT: Iowa MBB vs Nebraska

Nebraska rarely wins at Iowa. Sandfort shoots the 3ball well at home. Dix replacing PMAC in starting lineup is a better starting lineup for defense. The two Nebraska guards are kinda small in Willshire and Japanese kid Tonaga---iowa big guards cand give them trouble. Nebraska doesn't ave a giant in post. This team is a lot better now that Freeman is playing the post.

Crowd will be sparse. Iowa by 10pts.

Reactions: nu2u and unclesammy
Our guards in Perkins, Bowen, Dix, and Harding better be prepared to bring their shooting eye and defensive posture to the game tonight. Matching or bettering Nebraska's guards is going to be the only way Iowa comes out tonight with a W. No night off for any of them.

Jump on them early. Can't turn the ball over and we are going to have to get a lot of rebounds from somewhere/someone. Need this game, can't lose too many at home

Reactions: Moral
Nah it’s a verb brah
The proper form....past, present, or future...is broadcast.

Broadcasted is technically grammatically incorrect and not standard English, but is sometimes used for past tense.

Brah.

Pray for a cold shooting nite from Huskers and opposite from Hawks...not too optimistic.
Maybe the hearty Iowa fans in attendance can move en masse down by the floor and make it hostile for visitors?
They would probably just be told to move back to their assigned seats.

Reactions: QChawks
The proper form....past, present, or future...is broadcast.

Broadcasted is technically grammatically incorrect and not standard English, but is sometimes used for past tense.

Brah.
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

broad·cast
verb
past tense: broadcasted
  1. 1.
    transmit (a program or some information) by radio or television.
    "the announcement was broadcast live"

They would probably just be told to move back to their assigned seats.
I was at the Michigan State game (I think in Feb 2011) when we had a blizzard. Not a lot of fans showed so announcer encouraged fans to move down closer to the court. Was a real cool atmosphere and it was loud even though not many there, Iowa won by 20.

I was at the Michigan State game (I think in Feb 2011) when we had a blizzard. Not a lot of fans showed so announcer encouraged fans to move down closer to the court. Was a real cool atmosphere and it was loud even though not many there, Iowa won by 20.
Iowa should encourage this practice at every home game for the Men's team, if the current season ticket holders don't show up by game time, they lose their seats to someone that shows up and want's to be closer to the court. If they show up later they can sit in the next open seats. That should be standard practice for the remainder of the year, if some ticket holders feel it's beneath them to come to games or can't make the game because of other circumstances, their seats should not go empty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT