ADVERTISEMENT

*****Nebraska vs Iowa Game Thread*****

They're doing a better job of challenging their shooters than Nebraska is.

As for the offense, yes they have to make shots, but when we're at our best the ball never stops moving, and that's what you saw on that 3.

Making 2, 3, 4 extra passes and getting the defense's heads to spin, then knocking down an in-rhythm corner 3.

That leads to a timeout......
An for once, we capitalized on their own called timeouts. Very satisfying win.

LOL. Was it not horsesh*t defense that was played for a loooong stretch? Fortunately they switched to zone and shot the EFFF out of the ball. Great start to the game and great finish.... garbage middle. 2 things can be true
You got called out now go Karen on me for your BS.

If Fran is going to insist on the Perkins at point, PMac at guard lineup I don't understand why opposing teams don't full court press Iowa.

Managed to avoid spoilers and just finished the game. Iowa should not play man defense for the rest of the year. They might be the worst on ball defenders I have ever seen in my life of watching basketball, at least zone gives them a shot.

Really glad to see Dix as an off guard. He's a catch and shoot guy and was playing out of position at PG.

Reactions: LukaDuka
Did we talk about the four day emotion swing for Nebby? Beat the #1 team in the country easily on Tuesday. Beaten by Iowa easily on Friday. Life in the Big Ten I guess.

Well there’s that and he’s suspended for the season for gambling while at Iowa. But yeah, its probably more Tomanaga and Wilshire.

okay, I hadn't heard he got the full season suspension. He still wouldn't play ahead of those two.

You got called out now go Karen on me for your BS.
To be fair....the Hawks had an extended period where the defense was awful and they gave up numerous layups, so he was right about that.

But overall they played well, especially after Nebraska took the lead. Great effort!

To be fair....the Hawks had an extended period where the defense was awful and they gave up numerous layups, so he was right about that.

But overall they played well, especially after Nebraska took the lead. Great effort!
Actually Freeman did not play at all well on defense. He anticipated wrong 3-4 times that ended in dunks. He'll learn from it though. Hell of a player and his ceiling is up there!

Iowa had a stretch in the last 10 minutes of the 1st half and the first part of the second half that the defense was poor. Also didn't rebound well in that stretch.

Reactions: LukaDuka and 83Hawk
I don’t expect Freeman to end up better than Garza, but he is definitely better than Luka was at this stage in their careers. That’s good to see.

Managed to avoid spoilers and just finished the game. Iowa should not play man defense for the rest of the year. They might be the worst on ball defenders I have ever seen in my life of watching basketball, at least zone gives them a shot.

Really glad to see Dix as an off guard. He's a catch and shoot guy and was playing out of position at PG.
It really depends on the personnel. Freeman, Dix and Perkins play man decently. Krikke, PMac and Sandfort are bad.

Have to have Krikke and Sandfort on for their offense. Need to mix it up some and play more zone.

It really depends on the personnel. Freeman, Dix and Perkins play man decently. Krikke, PMac and Sandfort are bad.

Man defense is still a team concept though, so having 3 guys at any one time on the floor who can't play a lick of on ball defense breaks everything down.

They are so bad on switching too... when Nebraska went on their run they had their post isolated on a guard multiple times in a row for easy layups.

It's just awful to watch if you like good defense at all. The zone is their only prayer this year defensively if they want to compete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT