ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa (w) vs Ohio St Game Thread*****

I'm curious. When Iowa was down by 1 with the last possession, did you expect Clark to hold it for a final shot or immediately drive to the basket like she did? I was kinda expecting the former.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Ohio State better be praying for a bruise and not a twisted knee. If there is a serious injury out of this they are going to see a pretty significant fine.
Ohhhhh yeaaaa. That’s going to really have Ohio State cowering in fear. A significant fine?!? It would be the reputation for hurting the best player in the country that probably won’t be good.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
She got ball but hit her in the head with her arm. Or at least, it appeared that way at the time.
That was my thought too, but the view was too far away and too fast for me to be sure on what happened. But there were a million other calls they missed to so...

Reactions: Tenacious E
I had to step out and only saw the last minute of the second half and overtime. Not wading through 17 pages to see if this has been posted but those refs were an abomination and they should be embarrassed. No calls both way, bad calls both ways. On the whole, I think OSU had the better end of that shit show, but I’m not whining about that. They won. But those refs really detracted from the game.

I had to step out and only saw the last minute of the second half and overtime. Not wading through 17 pages to see if this has been posted but those refs were an abomination and they should be embarrassed. No calls both way, bad calls both ways. On the whole, I think OSU had the better end of that shit show, but I’m not whining about that. They won. But those refs really detracted from the game.
The moment was too big for this crew. Unfortunately, I don’t know what crew in women’s basketball could have handled it. Officiating as a whole is not keeping up with how fast the game is progressing.

My main beef with the refs is they clearly are the primary reason Iowa's run to end the game early in the 4th was stopped. But Iowa still had lots of chances to win that game.

For what it’s worth, Kachine said when Caitlin was hit at the end an OSU player saw it and left the celebration to go make sure she was ok.

OSU should have been prepared for this. Normally you'd have a line of security along the visitors bench where they are lined up all the way to the tunnel

And Iowa players should have stayed in that area. Do your high fives (or not) and get the heck out of there.

We needed to get a big to go with Clark but got nothing in the portal. Maybe no one wanted to play in her shadow...

Didn’t they go hard at Lauren Betts?

Iowa became a very unpopular destination thanks to racist fans. Lauren Betts was literally fighting on Twitter with Iowa fans defending Angel Reese. We made our bed. No one big was coming to Iowa after that.

We got exposed today. Anyone that has a capable big is a bad matchup.

We destroyed Indiana (Mackenzie Homes is an all american) and also beat VA Tech (Kitley is ACC POY) and K-State (6’6 Ayoka Lee has scored more points than anyone else in a game). Shit happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkod
No one's fining no one legal beagles. Stick to basketball and leave the lawyering to lawyers.

Question for all fans.

Why do fans (from all fan bases) automatically blame officials after a loss. I see it at every level. Would Iowa fans be complaining about the officials today had they won?

Glad Clark is ok, but people are getting a little carried away with court storming situation. First of all, the girl did not do it intentionally. "Fans" on this board wanting to know her name (via Tik Tok) and demanding a fine or a lawsuit need to get a grip.

Flashback to the Iowa/Minnesota FB game after the DeJean punt return was overturned. Full beer cans were flung at Minnesota players. This was certainly an intentional act by an idiotic fan(s), but I don't recall the backlash like today's situation?

I guess it depends if things happen TO YOU (or your team) vs. YOU being the instigator.

Last edited:
Big mistake made in not double teaming McMahon.
I agree. Now imagine the problem when Iowa faces a team with 2-3 tall and athletic F/Cs. There are several teams with front courts better than OSU. Iowa needed to add a Center transfer or land Audie Crooks this season. Bluder struck out.

Question for all fans.

Why do fans (from all fan bases) automatically blame officials after a loss. I see it at every level. Would Iowa fans be complaining about the officials today had they won?

Glad Clark is ok, but people are getting a little carried away with court storming situation. First of all, the girl did not do it intentionally. "Fans" on this board wanting to know her name (via Tik Tok) and demanding a fine or a lawsuit need to get a grip.

Flashback to the Iowa/Minnesota FB game after the DeJean punt return was overturned. Full beer cans were flung at Minnesota players. This was certainly an intentional, act by an idiotic fan(s), but I don't recall the backlash like today's situation?

I guess it depends if things happen TO YOU (or your team) vs. YOU being the instigator.
Only twice have I thought officials were so bad as to almost question whether the game was on the up and up. 2006 Outback Bowl loss against Florida. And 2019 football at Nebraska, a game Iowa won. Never had that feeling of being cheated (or almost cheated) during an Iowa basketball game.

I actually like most of the OSU team. Not #14, though. I wonder if she was on court to be the hockey-style "enforcer".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT