ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa (w) vs Ohio St Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
11am NBC

OSU (14-3) has loses to USC, UCLA and UM. They are expecting 18k in the stands tonight. It will be nice to have Hannah back.

Go hawks!

Reactions: VodkaSam
11am NBC

OSU (14-3) has loses to USC, UCLA and UM. They are expecting 18k in the stands tonight. It will be nice to have Hannah back.

Go hawks!
Most people know this who are planning to watch, but for the causal fan who might be tuning in for the first time, the women actually play at 11 this morning. Go hawks!

Reactions: Hendy hawk
After losing three straight to Iowa, Ohio St really wants this one

That article kinda reads like it was written by AI. Here’s the part it doesn’t account for: managing the hugeness of the moment. Iowa plays before sold out crowds almost every game, and even role players are used to it. Most women’s games for most schools are not high-energy packed arenas. Some for OSU will thrive in that environment but some will wilt. That is where Iowa can create turnovers or rebound improvident shots and get out and run and score in transition. I could very well be wrong but I see Iowa winning by at least 10.

This game starts time is acceptable.

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

Reactions: NI hawk
After losing three straight to Iowa, Ohio St really wants this one

Sure, and so did Indiana. I get that Iowa (and Clark) are the hunted now, as they should be. Like every game this season until maybe the sweet 16 if we get there, win or lose for Iowa will depend on how well WE play and shoot the ball, especially the ladies surrounding CC. After the last couple of weeks I don't see anyone else winning the B1G this year unless we go into a funk.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
That article kinda reads like it was written by AI. Here’s the part it doesn’t account for: managing the hugeness of the moment. Iowa plays before sold out crowds almost every game, and even role players are used to it. Most women’s games for most schools are not high-energy packed arenas. Some for OSU will thrive in that environment but some will wilt. That is where Iowa can create turnovers or rebound improvident shots and get out and run and score in transition. I could very well be wrong but I see Iowa winning by at least 10.
Suggesting that the article was written by AI does a disservice to AI. My middle school writers would have a hard time coming up with a sentence as confusing as this: “Coach McGuff’s team’s been winning games with half court defense, a far cry from the run and gun full court press team often coined by the outside looking in.”

I was surprised to learn that “When it comes to Martin, the guard entered the University of Iowa at the same time as Clark,” since Martin joined the team two years before Clark arrived, redshirting her first year and playing in 24 the following year while Clark was still in high school.

I hope Iowa does what we know it can do with contributions from everyone.

Suggesting that the article was written by AI does a disservice to AI. My middle school writers would have a hard time coming up with a sentence as confusing as this: “Coach McGuff’s team’s been winning games with half court defense, a far cry from the run and gun full court press team often coined by the outside looking in.”

I was surprised to learn that “When it comes to Martin, the guard entered the University of Iowa at the same time as Clark,” since Martin joined the team two years before Clark arrived, redshirting her first year and playing in 24 the following year while Clark was still in high school.

I hope Iowa does what we know it can do with contributions from everyone.
I thought the Martin think was funny too since she's a 6th year senior, and Clark is in year 4...

The money line dropped 5 points from -8.5 to -3.5 Iowa sharply this morning. Any reason why besides rabid Ohio State fans hyping themselves up?

Conan Obrien No GIF by Team Coco

I have Iowa on Upset Alert today. OSU's Sheldon may be the best overall guard in the country, outside of Clark. They haven't been a good rebounding team, but they do play good defense, so this might turn into a toss-up game. I just sense a difficult game for Caitlin today.

Reactions: Moral

I have Iowa on Upset Alert today. OSU's Sheldon may be the best overall guard in the country, outside of Clark. They haven't been a good rebounding team, but they do play good defense, so this might turn into a toss-up game. I just sense a difficult game for Caitlin today.

Season 3 Ugh GIF by Parks and Recreation

ABLVV84aCiyNXOTNql-MpXZZzpe5MU9DUe3CUsNI4A_8cITz2GBLXtL1C7TYtrG-rXuRmY8ztrQlxby3q2wqKbavsdR4bu-31ulTpMrU7qBGNYq3N1IMkUoT_a-aEtw1yXpxxamt5u_6nk0I7u2_J-YgbG9YJlAIS_EREsr9cGMUrvSjQoB2Ls5dmZdEFPiV5ScO_XL2nKKokwZuuWYZU7DhjBQrIx90qtcmESlATjekz0m8MuM1jvzx03Lp03mgMsmi_62dyxhrzFK2hZnRIirL8YmPxOSaUSxaUjNZav4Sp-6jaRlNwXhjZajBT7BbYnZX7Qs-maI8t47UcwxHypoF7oQsrL5g-PLJ_qdn57Mn0DfPmYXz4Hg7fhDndur24h0320FrdI21kMqZg5-8WzalvOM5ZoahEoYsZ1vLK-KiXFg2yjMwjVnAa5biIJY5oUUL4lQZXZKKL4ClmKHL3L8HyiWaP3MCbc7BBkM3R8tmUIH7xcZTMR82dD-Aue4KunwmNbv94Cv-fbLd_5Buys23AhOc6hT9ei_6vbaOU61Esn8i0AER2K2ceU_hl9WZNuqBZOiaJ31HAstoQ8uM7eY_9rnkwTLunHB0s5hrxlBtTCEQqy2xTLMr0QBXrzzZz8dQ_R6Y-cWVzyNNw7jASGKAGFI73V4n6z7LbdmiT5GP1oUf-P5uPoNiNFEByXOXcqwtl8zYHN62Jk_aKD_PgMGkyn4z6q7sVo7Kyp1fQ16q7kcz_hlijxr8VmBsmBpW_gIMZtq8XvOWcYPpbxsmaow9YcyKDupvgVlAMhHBiYnkvTRFJnHzcfh9ciIp4L_gYcIZoaQREfbb5O6UirCnHPNBLrIfUQPyg9F_CSlyblLSDp_tH98f5J2rTe0xEBhDPeq4xA=w220-h220-s-no-gm

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT