ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa (w) vs Ohio St Game Thread*****

I think about midway through the 4th quarter

Early in the fourth. Maybe 8 to go.

I looked it up.

With 8:50 to go in the game, Ohio State called time out & Iowa led 70-58.

With 6:06 to go, Molly hit a 3 to make the score 75-69.

With 3:07 to go, CC hit a layup to make the score 78-77.

This game is an example of what happens when we don't get our subs into games that we are blowing teams out by 30-40 points. Need that bench support in games like this when 1-3 starters really are doing a thing. Feuerbach could have done everything Gabby did today plus would have been an offensive threat. 4 on 5 all game long offensively.

We got exposed today. Anyone that has a capable big is a bad matchup.
Capable meaning really good at not getting called for walks and offensive fouls.

Refs dictated the way that game played out down the stretch. Tough to guard a good big when she can bully ball you and you can’t touch her.

We’re gonna rout these ladies in IC in a month.

I’m not saying Iowa lost because of the officials, plenty of other reasons, but they were absolutely horrible.

32 for OSU should have had about 5 charging calls and 5 more travels.

Jump ball on a tipped ball out of bounds?

If you have the ball and fall to the court with it in your hands, isn’t that an automatic travel?
The no call that irritated me was 32 pushing O’Grady on a layup attempt but she had just drawn 2 straight fouls on the other end. I hate it when refs aren’t consistent.

I’m not saying Iowa lost because of the officials, plenty of other reasons, but they were absolutely horrible.

32 for OSU should have had about 5 charging calls and 5 more travels.

Jump ball on a tipped ball out of bounds?

If you have the ball and fall to the court with it in your hands, isn’t that an automatic travel?
Think it’s fair to say the moment was too big for these officials (Maybe us too?). Not placing the blame on them at all. We definitely had our opportunities and some wasted possessions. And OSU is very good and a more complete team than we are. You could tell midway in the 4th we started to play up tight when they were making their shots and we weren’t getting calls to go our way. This was definitely a good test and hopefully we will learn from this and respond better come March.

We got exposed today. Anyone that has a capable big is a bad matchup.
I don't think that's been a big secret. There's a reason why nobody has Iowa winning the national championship and a majority of experts don't have them in the final four. It's not because they hate Caitlyn Clark. Now, I think they are wrong about the prediction, but the reality is they are vulnerable there. Especially if Stuelke can't get healthy before the end of the season.

You can’t blow a 12 pt lead in the 4q. A meltdown like that makes me think this teams ceiling is lower than last years.

I don't think that's been a big secret. There's a reason why nobody has Iowa winning the national championship and a majority of experts don't have them in the final four. It's not because they hate Caitlyn Clark. Now, I think they are wrong about the prediction, but the reality is they are vulnerable there. Especially if Stuelke can't get healthy before the end of the season.

That has been my belief since they didn't snag a big in the portal. To repeat Stuelke will need to grow a lot between now and the tournament, or Caitlin will have to go off like crazy in the tourney.

Is she actually injured ? Hard to tell from that little clip. If she is that’s really tough for the team.
She was being assisted off the floor by Gabby and she looked like she was in a lot of pain. No idea how bad it is though.

Is she actually injured ? Hard to tell from that little clip. If she is that’s really tough for the team.
I saw another video where she was being helped off by two teammates into the locker room. It didn't look good but hopefully it's nothing serious. The way people are talking though, it's not promising visually. Hope it's not true though.

Reactions: Moral and WSC72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT