ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Moss transferring according to report

Moss was a great Hawks and had many contributions in his 3 years. I'm not surprised at this move, but the timing is odd. Hopefully Fran knew about this a while ago.

Hate to lose a guard on this roster, but at least we won't have to bang our heads against a wall in most games wondering where Moss went to. He has been sort of a mystery as a player.

Best of luck to him!

Moss, Cook and Dailey all didn't develop their game. I don't think Nick B really developed over the years. Who has really progressed under Fran during a career?

This is a real problem. If I were a coach recruiting against Iowa for Foster it would be a pretty simple question. Fran McCaffery hasn't developed an NBA player. Do you trust he can develop you?

Can Cook come back so we have a chance at a winning season?

This is f***ing ridiculous. It's like Iowa, and its players, have become conditioned to be afraid of success.

First it's always coming up short in close games just to get to the big games.....then it's always coming up short in big games......if it's not that its players getting hurt and never getting on track.....if its not that its players transferring and new players having to step in earlier than expected or with no experience.....or now like we're seeing more than ever before at Iowa, players turning pro early and forcing Iowa to move players up earlier than expected, and usually with guys who with all due respect, aren't as good (maybe yet) that very next year.

It's one f***ing thing after another to keep Iowa from putting everything together for a season to actually build something successful........and f***ing sustain it.

This is why our fans make it a point to be our own worst critics. Iowa cannot get out of their own f***ing way.

tenor.gif

Losing Moss will not be the reason if this team loses. He wa the weakest link in the starting line-up by far and Fran has needed upgrade at that position for a while.

Moss, Cook and Dailey all didn't develop their game. I don't think Nick B really developed over the years. Who has really progressed under Fran during a career?

This is a real problem. If I were a coach recruiting against Iowa for Foster it would be a pretty simple question. Fran McCaffery hasn't developed an NBA player. Do you trust he can develop you?
Average to below average complaint but you can't use Nic as an argument. Dude was a walk-on.. And won 6moty as a soph.. yea had a down jr year but he was one of the most valuable players on our best team in a loooooong time

How many times has this question been asked only to have it be proven wrong.

White
Marble
Kreiner
Olaseni
Baer
Uthoff

That’s just off top of my head. There are other players that did but maybe not to extreme as that group.

Not every kid is going to come in overwhelmed and leave as All Big Ten. Some kids can only improve so much from where they were when they came in. Some don’t have unlimited potential and ability. Some don’t want to listen to coaching and put in the time.

Average to below average complaint but you can't use Nic as an argument. Dude was a walk-on who. And won 6moty as a soph.. yea had a down jr year but he was one of the most valuable players on our best team in a loooooong time

How anyone can’t say that Baer didn’t improve and FULLY maximize his ability and hit his ceiling is beyond me.

Fran has an issue recruiting/keeping on campus African american players. I'm sure a lot of posters will disagree and don't care, but most elite players are African American, so not being able to recruit/retain that ethic group doesn't bode well for competing for B1G title someday.
This is such an absurd take I almost cant even believe it. First, the post ignores the makeup of most of the in-state talent. Iowa is a predominately white state, and Fran gets a lot of players from in-state. JBo, Connor, Kriener, Baer, Wieskamp were all in state recruits. On last years squad, the majority of out-of-state players were not white.

I have no clue why I even have to defend this. Fran has plenty of flaws but to call him a racist is beyond asinine.

I reported on this board the day after the Tennessee game that Moss was going to be a grad transfer. It boggles the mind that everyone from the recruiting class that Moss was a part of, six players I believe, transferred out of Iowa before their eligibility expired

This is such an absurd take I almost cant even believe it. First, the post ignores the makeup of most of the in-state talent. Iowa is a predominately white state, and Fran gets a lot of players from in-state. JBo, Connor, Kriener, Baer, Wieskamp were all in state recruits. On last years squad, the majority of out-of-state players were not white.

I have no clue why I even have to defend this. Fran has plenty of flaws but to call him a racist is beyond asinine.
We're all on your side... but i subscribe to the "just don't look logic".. they'll go away if you don't respond

Can Cook come back so we have a chance at a winning season?

This is f***ing ridiculous. It's like Iowa, and its players, have become conditioned to be afraid of success.

First it's always coming up short in close games just to get to the big games.....then it's always coming up short in big games......if it's not that its players getting hurt and never getting on track.....if its not that its players transferring and new players having to step in earlier than expected or with no experience.....or now like we're seeing more than ever before at Iowa, players turning pro early and forcing Iowa to move players up earlier than expected, and usually with guys who with all due respect, aren't as good (maybe yet) that very next year.

It's one f***ing thing after another to keep Iowa from putting everything together for a season to actually build something successful........and f***ing sustain it.

This is why our fans make it a point to be our own worst critics. Iowa cannot get out of their own f***ing way.

tenor.gifiowa can’t get out of its own way......that’s the whole university!
That’s the whole university!,,,that cant get out of its own way!

Last edited:
This is a huge loss, expected or not.

The only optimistic explanation is Isaiah felt he would lose too many minutes to either C McC or CJF next season.

The Baer is the only player from that recruiting class to finish his career at Iowa-wow. A preferred walk on. The class before was largely barren as well. Fortunately, the last three classes have been pretty good.

I’ll guarantee that not having many other guys who look like him played a role in his decision.

Honestly, that thought crossed my mind, but I don't know that you can say for certain that's what influenced his decision, unless of course he stated something to that effect.

Pretty surprised by this to be honest. I guess he probably goes somewhere where he has the opportunity to fill up the scoring column every night instead of spreading the wealth with the other starters. I still think that being a part of a winning team, which Iowa has the opportunity to be (especially with Moss), can get you attention and make up for a relative deficit in scoring.

Best of luck to Isaiah regardless. It would be naive to say that the Hawks won’t feel the impacts of losing both him and TC, but I do feel they are pretty adequately prepared to handle it and make it back to the tourney. Unfortunately, my expectations for next year beyond that have dropped substantially... Fran is going to have to make some magic happen, because nobody is going to empathize with him if the team underperforms

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
A lot of experience has left the team this year. A lot of inexperience coming in. Pemsl's knee issues. While no one knows the future, on paper this doesn't look promising for next year.

Reactions: unIowa
Honestly in today’s grad transfer rules especially in b-ball why would anyone want to use a redshirt on players to see a kid bolt like moss anymore. We see Kentucky getting some kid last week he was a player and put up huge numbers at a mid major last year as a red shirt jr. Same kid who I am sure Kentucky didn’t even know existed 4 years ago but now will reap the benefits that the mid major put into developing him for last 4 years and get him for his senior year.

I guess I could do the classy thing and wish Moss the best but to be honest as a upset Iowa fan I kind of hope he finds out and learns the life lesson that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side and not see the minutes and production happen to wherever he goes. Kind of like Charlie Moore at KU last year. I mean seriously he was a 3 year starter on a big 10 team. what more does he want?

With TC,Mashe and Ike not around next season some fans will have find new scapegoats...of course the coaches sons are easy targets. Now that TC and Moss are out, the analytics crowd should have us cruising to the Big Ten title.

With TC,Mashe and Ike not around next season some fans will have find new scapegoats...of course the coaches sons are easy targets. Now that TC and Moss are out, the analytics crowd should have us cruising to the Big Ten title.

Best of luck to him. He helped the Hawks. Good kid. Disappointing. Truly wish he was part of next year. He had a Biblical first name and a Fungus last name.

Reactions: bigfische
pathetic, dude. Give it a rest.

Dude, you brought up the pasty white roster. I was simply stating that we will not have the supporters to bring in the more talented African-American players. That is not a good thing.

When Moss leaves, we will have an entirely white roster until Joe T gets on campus. Yikes. THAT is an issue. Especially when it comes to recruiting.

Are African-American basketball players going to like the idea of coming on to a team being a minority in a sport that is overwhelmingly black on the top P5 school's rosters? If you do not think that it matters to players, you are being naive. It is more of a culture thing, than a race issue, but it is both. And it does matter. Right or wrong, it simply does.

Can we still have a good team with an all-white player roster? Sure. But man that does not look good, except to maybe a few.

pathetic, dude. Give it a rest.

Dude, you brought up the pasty white roster. I was simply stating that we will not have the supporters to bring in the more talented African-American players. That is not a good thing.

When Moss leaves, we will have an entirely white roster until Joe T gets on campus. Yikes. THAT is an issue. Especially when it comes to recruiting.

Are African-American basketball players going to like the idea of coming on to a team being a minority in a sport that is overwhelmingly black on the top P5 school's rosters? If you do not think that it matters to players, you are being naive. It is more of a culture thing, that a race issue, but both matter. Right or wrong, it does.

Can we still have a good team with an all-white player roster? Sure. But man that does not look good, except to maybe a few.

Pemsyl?

Very sad day. I loved Isaiah and believed in his abilities. I wish him the best wherever he goes.

Reactions: unIowa
I reported on this board the day after the Tennessee game that Moss was going to be a grad transfer. It boggles the mind that everyone from the recruiting class that Moss was a part of, six players I believe, transferred out of Iowa before their eligibility expired

Moss had his moments but terrible class all around.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Moss, Cook and Dailey all didn't develop their game. I don't think Nick B really developed over the years. Who has really progressed under Fran during a career? Who has gotten better with most coaches— if they get to colleges and still can’t shoot after shooting hundreds of thousands shots since they were 7 - then it ain’t gonna happen

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT