ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Kennedy to Iowa

Having all these younger brothers commit I believe shows a STRONG sign of the quality and chemistry of the program! For everyone claiming all the negative BS, I am pretty certain that having MULTIPLE sets of brothers committing puts that crap to rest!!!

Another reason donating to NIL/The Swarm helps ensure we keep pace with P$U
IMO, this will ruin college wrestling. The NIL rules must be changed and enforced by someone other than the school's compliance office.

I know many schools are offering recruits a percentage of a scholarship and then picking up the rest of the u-bill through NIL. So, basically, there is no limit on the number of scholarships these schools have.

What happens to the mid-majors? Take UNI, Lock Haven, Wyoming. They can't possibly afford funding an unlimited number of student athletes. Good for Iowa picking up 157 and 165, but think about NDSU. You identify these athletes, develop them, they become AA's and leaders of your program. Then, BOOM! They leave.

I take this as a good sign that PK will be sticking around after this year. With the logjam that is 165-174 he could easily portal out and be the man at most Big 10 schools let alone anywhere else. Patrick is on fire and have full confidence that he reaches the podium this year at 174 come March.

I have no idea of his credentials, but I do know of brother situations where the better one may give up some of their own so the other brother can be a scholarship athlete. This was a long time ago.
Definitely not PK’s credentials (read up on him last night), but who knows what he will become under the right leadership. The more the merrier as long as they bring it.

Wrong. All sports at Iowa are now part of Swarm. You can choose where your money goes to.

Well...sort of...we are both right and wrong. And I appreciate you chiming in.

You can only choose the sport on one time gifts of $1,000 or more, or committing to $100 or more per month to the Swarm.

Reactions: Gutt15 and savage84
Well...sort of...we are both right and wrong. And I appreciate you chiming in.

You can only choose the sport on one time gifts of $1,000 or more, or committing to $100 or more per month to the Swarm.
Nope. You specifically said that Swarm was not part of NIL for wrestling and that’s not true.

Nope. You specifically said that Swarm was not part of NIL for wrestling and that’s not true.

Yes, and I appreciate the correction as I was wrong to make such a blanket statement. But you were wrong to say you can choose where your money goes to with the Swarm as it must meet certain thresholds. The basic Swarm membership level does not support wrestling. If you aren't able or willing to send a check for $1,000 or commit to $100/month, send what you can to the HWC if you want to support the wrestling NIL.

Yes, and I appreciate the correction as I was wrong to make such a blanket statement. But you were wrong to say you can choose where your money goes to with the Swarm as it must meet certain thresholds. The basic Swarm membership level does not support wrestling. If you aren't able or willing to send a check for $1,000 or commit to $100/month, send what you can to the HWC if you want to support the wrestling NIL.
Nope again. Can you donate to wrestling through Swarm? True or false? The answer is true and I said as such. You said you can’t and thresholds were never part of your original comment. But you can move the goal post, that’s fine.

Remember this when you are constantly nitpicking peoples posts. All I did here was take a page out of your book.

Who's right argument aside, the threshold info in regards to Swarm seems important.

I would assume that a lot of donors aren't going to hit that level of $$$. Would be a shame if someone donated through Swarm thinking that it was going to wrestling when it wasn't.

Please correct me if I'm getting this wrong, but if you want your $$$ to go directly to wrestling:

Smaller donations - use HWC

Larger donations- use either Swarm(Check for threshold)or HWC

Of course, there's always WFL when one is looking to help out the greater wrestling world.

I have no idea of his credentials, but I do know of brother situations where the better one may give up some of their own so the other brother can be a scholarship athlete. This was a long time ago.
Not clearly seeing the math on this in cases where both guys are in the same household. Are you thinking student loan redistribution, so both have identical costs?

Having all these younger brothers commit I believe shows a STRONG sign of the quality and chemistry of the program! For everyone claiming all the negative BS, I am pretty certain that having MULTIPLE sets of brothers committing puts that crap to rest!!!
Good point. Especially considering Voinivich who isn't in the lineup. Pretty clear these guys understand you have to come and compete.

Nope again. Can you donate to wrestling through Swarm? True or false? The answer is true and I said as such. You said you can’t and thresholds were never part of your original comment. But you can move the goal post, that’s fine.

Remember this when you are constantly nitpicking peoples posts. All I did here was take a page out of your book.

It's only partly true, which means it is false. I'm a Swarm member and I CANNOT choose who my money goes to, and the same is true for a good % of Swarm members. Like I said, I was wrong to insinuate there's only one way to support Iowa wrestling via NIL. And I've now said it 3 times. 🤣 I also appreciated your correction and stated as much. That was before I realized you were being a dick about it.

What I don't appreciate is your crappy imitation of me. There have been some good ones on here over the years that I have enjoyed. But yours is just...bad.

There is only one set of brothers that is a problem. LOL.

I take this as a good sign that PK will be sticking around after this year. With the logjam that is 165-174 he could easily portal out and be the man at most Big 10 schools let alone anywhere else. Patrick is on fire and have full confidence that he reaches the podium this year at 174 come March.
Agree.

Ideally, someone gets down to 157 for one year, but that's going to have to work itself out.

Reactions: CatCoach
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT