ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Kadyn Proctor expected to transfer back to Alabama

Things happen.
We move on.
No option.
As mentioned above, the courts will kill any meaningful regulation of NIL.
Free trade you know.

Reactions: kceasthawk

Who Cares GIF by Judge Judy

Reactions: Iron Doc
Coaches (especially assistants) have been doing this for years, leaving kids they recruited behind. Can't blame these 18-19 year old kids to get caught up in the same scenario.

Tired of hearing anything about what Saban is saying lately how NIL is hurting the college game and these kids moving in their own interests is not good for the game. He is the one who purposely over recruited (way before NIL) every year bringing in more HS blue chippers than what they had room for, and then would send Bama scholarship vets (who might not be panning out) down the road to make room. He's grimy. Be gone.

Hate to see Proctor leave before he even got here, but you can't blame him after seeing the coaching our o-line has been receiving the last couple of years. No coaching change was made where we glaringly needed one! And here we are......

OMG Kirk‘s press conference…

“Took a lions share of our NIL”…really? 🤨

And the part about not taking our playbook was really rich…Thank God!!…run three predictable, unimaginative, unproductive plays…then punt. Good thing that didn’t fall into the wrong hands. 😂

FFS…will this anemic AD ever get fed up with being completely embarrassed on the national stage?

Last edited:
NFL free agency isn’t close to this crazy. I might as well just stick with the NFL. At least there are actual contracts and rules and shit.

FTR, if Proctor got more money from Alabama to come back, I really don’t blame Proctor. He really played Kirk, though, with this whole idea of being homesick. If the reason he is leaving is because he is unimpressed with the Lester hire and realizes Kirk isn’t changing and the offense is going to continue to suck, I don’t blame him either.

Either way, this might be the last straw for Kirk that compels him to retire early. I’m not sure I even care anymore about college football. Iowa is going to get left behind like so many other schools. Even if Kirk were to step down and a young coach who embraces NIL and the current culture of college football steps in, I don’t see the Swarm collective as being sustainable. It’s just not going to work.

Coaches (especially assistants) have been doing this for years, leaving kids they recruited behind. Can't blame these 18-19 year old kids to get caught up in the same scenario.

Tired of hearing anything about what Saban is saying lately how NIL is hurting the college game and these kids moving in their own interests is not good for the game. He is the one who purposely over recruited (way before NIL) every year bringing in more HS blue chippers than what they had room for, and then would send Bama scholarship vets (who might not be panning out) down the road to make room. He's grimy. Be gone.

Hate to see Proctor leave before he even got here, but you can't blame him after seeing the coaching our o-line has been receiving the last couple of years. No coaching change was made where we glaringly needed one! And here we are......
Agree regarding slimy Saban.

OMG Kirk‘s press conference…

“Took a lions share of our NIL”…really? RollingLaugh

And the part about not taking our playbook was really rich…Thank God!!…run three predictable, unimaginative, unproductive plays…then punt. Good thing that didn’t fall into the wrong hands.

FFS…will this anemic AD ever get fed up with being completely embarrassed on the national stage?

We have a playbook?

lol. Name a coach that went to a school for two months and went back to the previous school and took their money.

Teams should be able to over sign, and expand rosters in some way to counteract these situations
Iowa was actually already over the roster limit. So today’s news, if nothing else, may mean 1 less player gets Creaned.

These are my thoughts as well.

Kirk is stubborn, arrogant, and refuses to evolve. No meaningful changes to the offense were ever going to occur. The only change Kirk had planned to make in the offseason was getting rid of Copeland so his buddy Budster could slide into a role he has no business being in. The Lester hire was a further indicator that Kirk was only going to hire someone willing to cave into all his demands and keep the offense BAU.

So, yeah, I had thoughts a while ago wondering if Proctor was regretting coming to Iowa. Maybe his plan all along was to game the system and milk as much NIL as he could. Who knows? But it’s also possible he was sincere about coming home but became disillusioned over time about Kirk making meaningful changes to the offense and coaching staff. Maybe he came to believe Barnett is incompetent compared to the OL coach he had at Alabama. Again, who knows?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$….., get used to it. Living in kc, KU basketball gave a mid college center $2M. The going rate for a sophomore top tier left tackle in football starts well above that. Sad to see it come to this but it’s nothing but $ at this point. Gonna need more than beer profits to compete. Just cheer for the jersey and understand it’s pro football at this point.

Reactions: LukaDuka
“Committing” to Iowa 2x … I guess we can believe more $ coming from Alabama. The unfortunate part is zero repercussions… Kids committing, de-committing … playing for 3-4 schools … Highest bidder wins. NCAA really screwed this up … Looking more and more like professional sports. Might as well place a cap limit on each program. Give kids one free transfer and anything more - you sit. As a coach - you have to hate this new world - especially the mid major programs. Kid has a “good” season and then hits the portal for $. At a minimum, KP should be required to sit one year. There has to be some type of penalty. What a shit-show…

As I said when the original decommitment debacle happened, I feel sorry for Proctor. Kid just really needs some guidance.

Can’t blame him? Why the hell did he come the second time? I totally blame him this time around. Total bush league bull crap. Hope the dude fails now. Most likely took money under false pretense. He is a POS

At first read, I thought this comment was an overreaction.
On 2nd read, what real good DOES the Swarm do?
Good intent, but lost big on Proctor.
Can't compete with the Big Dogs anyway, so might as well contribute to relief charities.
Honestly, this is an interesting dynamic. If big enough Swarm contributors decide to stop donating until shit changes in both the football and men’s basketball programs, it might force the AD’s hand. Kirk is practically a dinosaur now and apathy toward men’s basketball is on its way to Lickliter levels.

I don’t know what type of hire it would take to get enough people who matter excited enough to make meaningful contributions to Swarm, but I do know the answer is not Kirk or Fran.

Reactions: Iron Doc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT