ADVERTISEMENT

Kris had 8 points, 5 boards, and 2 steals in 13 minutes

Yeah it’s incredible really. I would love to hear Fran’s reasoning that an NBA draft pick gets like 15 minutes a game on the 9th place team in the B1G.

Anyway, glad to hear you were joking. I was hoping nobody could be that dumb.
It's bizarre. Fran, in interviews not related to a game, seems like a fairly thoughtful, nice fella. But lace 'em up and toss the ball and he becomes an absolute dumbass.

There’s only so many minutes to go around. Only two players played more than 22 minutes and they dropped 30 apiece. Some of Kris’ minutes went to the end of the bench guys who played down the stretch, and some went to Rebraca who logged 21 minutes tonight. Sandfort took pretty much all of Connor’s minutes. Fran also rode the starting lineup to basically the 12 minute mark in the second half as they put the game out of reach which was a good move. I’ve been critical of Fran’s rotations sporadically throughout the year, but he did an awesome job this game of 1) not doing full line substitutions and 2) riding the hot hands/lineups

What’s important is that the players on the court make good use of their minutes. Considering we scored 110 points and won by 23, I’d say that most did exactly that. Pat had a bit of an off night, and Ulis was kind of meh too as he continues to struggle finding his shot. That said, I don’t think that anybody on the team can be upset with the minutes they received, and I suspect that that includes Kris (who is more than likely an awesome team player)

If anyone thinks Kris is getting enough minutes, then they are ****ing dumb.
Part of me wants to say Fran is a complete moron for not giving Kris more minutes , however, in my sometimes admittedly bizarro world, part of me thinks he’s an evil genius purposely holding Kris back so he has one Murray around next season.
Just one guys weird opinion….

Part of me wants to say Fran is a complete moron for not giving Kris more minutes , however, in my sometimes admittedly bizarro world, part of me thinks he’s an evil genius purposely holding Kris back so he has one Murray around next season.
Just one guys weird opinion….
The mad genius probably thinks he can wring another year out of Bohannon, too. Maybe he can break another record everyone else will scoff at!

• Haha
Reactions: BigAssTurkeyLeg
The mad genius probably thinks he can wring another year out of Bohannon, too. Maybe he can break another record everyone else will scoff at!

Iowa scores 110 points, wins by 23 while clearing the bench over the last five minutes and you are complaining about playing time. Some people are never happy.

Last edited:
Not a lot to complain about last night.
I was really surprised when PMac went down he was replaced by CMac instead of Kris.
PMac is OK I do believe Kris is superior

Not a lot to complain about last night.
I was really surprised when PMac went down he was replaced by CMac instead of Kris.
PMac is OK I do believe Kris is superior
Yeah no reason Kris shouldn't have come in over him. PMac has picked his game up which has been great last few games. I feel like Kris is more versatile and needs to be our first guy off the bench every game and be our 6th man. Also after ankle roll all I could think of in 2nd half after the under 12 time out was Fran please take Keegan out of the game asap. Didn't get for another 4 min.

Its a good problem, but the keegan owns the "4" spot and PT at "5" spot minutes depend on matchups/fouls whether Kris can play there big minutes there. Maryland was a small team so it wasn't a problem going small.

The "3" is PMAC, Kris, and Sandfort and just too crowded with talent.
We haven't seen a lineup for serious minutes where Fran goes big at the "2" and puts either PMAC or Kris or Sandfort as a shooting guard.

Iowa scores 110 points, wins by 23 while clearing the bench over the last five minutes and you are complaining about playing time. Some people are never happy.
It would be a different story if your up 37 and Keegan goes down with ankle injury

its asinine to play your starters deep into and half with a 30 point lead,

a. You risk injury to key players unnecessarily
b. you lose the opportunity to get reserves needed experience on road wiyh out pressure.
c. You look like an ass for running score up

im not a believer in keeping your starting unit in that deep with a 37 point lead, it’s difficult for me to see any good rationale for it

Reactions: mooresville hawk
This is an example of why I have quit watching games….Connor had no business starting last year over Keegan at any point, except for nepotism.
I agree by the end of the season especially after Nunge went down he deserved to be starting out there. Worst part was after the Oregon loss Fran mentioned CJ dealing with an injury then brought up Connor's issues. Myself and many others were like if that's the case he needs surgery on both labrums why was he A. Starting and B. playing as many minutes as he was.

I agree by the end of the season especially after Nunge went down he deserved to be starting out there. Worst part was after the Oregon loss Fran mentioned CJ dealing with an injury then brought up Connor's issues. Myself and many others were like if that's the case he needs surgery on both labrums why was he A. Starting and B. playing as many minutes as he was.
= coaching blunder. No way around that…

Its a good problem, but the keegan owns the "4" spot and PT at "5" spot minutes depend on matchups/fouls whether Kris can play there big minutes there. Maryland was a small team so it wasn't a problem going small.

We haven't seen a lineup for serious minutes where Fran goes big at the "2" and puts either PMAC or Kris or Sandfort as a shooting guard.
Kris is playing the 5 most of the time. How do you not recognize this 25 games in?

Reactions: SB_SB
I hate the fact we cant just watch the game and enjoy it without all of the wanna be coaches finding things to complain about! Social Media is poison .......it gives dumb people a voice!!
Because you don't like other people's opinions but your own

Because you don't like other people's opinions but your own
Nope because I learned as a kid it’s a much better world if “if you can’t say anything nice or should we say constructive, just don’t say anything at all! All of the complaining and crying like a bunch of little girls doesn’t change a thing! Just relax and watch the game. If all the people that think they are smarter than the coach were the coach …..oh my would we be trouble

”too crowded with talent…?”
easy answer is to play all of your best talent most of the time, you need 1PG, 1 guy to defend C, and the rest doesn’t matter

FFS, IOWA needs its best players (Kris Murray) playing a lot, in #2 #3 #4 spot, just play him.

Nope because I learned as a kid it’s a much better world if “if you can’t say anything nice or should we say constructive, just don’t say anything at all! All of the complaining and crying like a bunch of little girls doesn’t change a thing! Just relax and watch the game. If all the people that think they are smarter than the coach were the coach …..oh my would we be trouble
There are plenty of legitimate things to complain about. It's not all sunshine and roses.

Then why are you on the message boards, Pollyanna? Did the "if you can't say anything nice" people fail to teach you anything about being aware of your environment or having realistic expectations? This team has a lot of warts that are totally on Fran.... Coming here and complaining about people pointing them out is like showing up at a sports book and complaining that it's not all about the integrity of the game. Nobody will miss you

Next years Keegan Murray. He will be more than ready.
That would be awesome. He will have to find different ways to get it done than Keegan does IMO. Doesn’t appear Kris has quite the speed and strength of his brother.

Then why are you on the message boards, Pollyanna? Did the "if you can't say anything nice" people fail to teach you anything about being aware of your environment or having realistic expectations? This team has a lot of warts that are totally on Fran.... Coming here and complaining about people pointing them out is like showing up at a sports book and complaining that it's not all about the integrity of the game. Nobody will miss you
Let me guess. You would have had a shot at the NBA if your Jr High coach didn't have it out for you...

Reactions: iahawks10
That would be awesome. He will have to find different ways to get it done than Keegan does IMO. Doesn’t appear Kris has quite the speed and strength of his brother.
I would agree. The off-season development will be critical to next step physically. Has all the tools

Kris is playing the 5 most of the time. How do you not recognize this 25 games in?
That doesn't mean his true position isn't the 3. He defends the 5 out of necessity, not because that's where he belongs. How do you not recognize that?

Reactions: Sjf6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT