ADVERTISEMENT

Lesson In Aggression

mgogel

Team MVP
Dec 30, 2008
Ben Askren shows how to be aggressive at the highest levels.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZKkBjtRAX4

Tom Brands before Ben Askren invented aggressive wrestling
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB9-018lX7s

I have no real problem with what Captain Obvious said except for the fact that Iowa wrestlers didn't complain or give excuses. He's talking about the fans complaining and Iowa fans will always complain about stalling. Also, he could have been plagiarizing several rants on here about Iowa's lack of aggression. Flo posts this and now we are having a "There...finally somebody said it!" moment. Except Tom Brands, Terry Brands, Iowa wrestlers, fans, janitors have been saying it for awhile. Aww Ben...you are so smart to point this out though.

The days of wildly shooting and rebounding from bad shots are over. The sport has evolved some and the kind of aggression most of us grew up on is tougher to come by. Some guys are so good at shutting down a match, if you get behind a takedown or do being overly aggressive can cost you a match. I hate the sport allows this but it is a fact. Refs don't call stalling enough and coaches are teaching how to block someone out.

Askrin is a knob.

Originally posted by 255:

The days of wildly shooting and rebounding from bad shots are over. The sport has evolved some and the kind of aggression most of us grew up on is tougher to come by. Some guys are so good at shutting down a match, if you get behind a takedown or do being overly aggressive can cost you a match. I hate the sport allows this but it is a fact. Refs don't call stalling enough and coaches are teaching how to block someone out.

Askrin is a knob.
Well said 255. Exhibit A, I give you Metcalf vs. Palmer. Even Brent had to change his tactics.

Originally posted by 255:

Askrin is a knob.
Just think what would happen if they awarded 3 points for the first takedown. That has to be one of the worst suggestions ever. Yes Asskren is a moran.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT