ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands Session 3 Thread

How many matches has Glosser won this weekend? Lost in pigtail & hasn’t lost since. 7 matches won?

You gotta like his heart. I don't want to see him leave, but I kind of would like to see what he could do as a starter. I don't think he ever makes the lineup at Iowa. Isn't he a junior?

Wow, 3-1 Glosser in OT! All the way back to wrestle for third tonight.

You gotta like his heart. I don't want to see him leave, but I kind of would like to see what he could do as a starter. I don't think he ever makes the lineup at Iowa. Isn't he a junior?

Junior. I want to see him wrestle Lugo. I bet he is not really cutting weight this yr.

He needed to lock up riding time. Just couldn't get the takedown but still was the correct strategy.

I guess I'm confused, why did Warner not cut him after 30 seconds since he was down? I can understand that he was trying to get backs/pin, but at some point if it isn't working, time for Plan B.

Reactions: Sett1997
He wanted to get RT locked, then cut him and get a TD to force OT. Just didn't get to cut him with enough time left on the clock.

While his knee was being looked at, he was looking at the corner discussing strategy and saying something along the lines of "I'm finishing this match"

Reactions: slushhead
I guess I'm confused, why did Warner not cut him after 30 seconds since he was down? I can understand that he was trying to get backs/pin, but at some point if it isn't working, time for Plan B.
He had to ride him until he hit 1 minute RT. All he needed then was a takedown. If he cut him earlier and didnt secure RT he would have needed 2 takedowns.

Reactions: Pyeman
He wanted to get RT locked, then cut him and get a TD to force OT. Just didn't get to cut him with enough time left on the clock.

While his knee was being looked at, he was looking at the corner discussing strategy and saying something along the lines of "I'm finishing this match"
Only like an 8 second differential wasn't it?

Cass has a 7th place match this session but it looks like he could be getting a MFF for it.

AJ Nevills has received three straight MFFs on the backside to reach the 3rd place match

Only like an 8 second differential wasn't it?

He ended up only having 8 seconds on the last restart, but I think if he cut him right when he got to a minute RT, he would've had like 15 seconds. Still not a lot, but a little more manageable

Warner was going to give up 4 there when he went to his back, pretty surprised the ref stopped that action. Almost cost Army the match that he rightfully had won. Warner is an absolute head case who seems to wrestle not to lose rather than to win. I think the competition at this level and the resistance he is facing is messing with his head big time.

Warner was going to give up 4 there when he went to his back, pretty surprised the ref stopped that action. Almost cost Army the match that he rightfully had won. Warner is an absolute head case who seems to wrestle not to lose rather than to win. I think the competition at this level and the resistance he is facing is messing with his head big time.

Not sure about the head case part, but I was scratching my head that Army wasn’t awarded two backs when they stopped the action.

Not sure about the head case part, but I was scratching my head that Army wasn’t awarded two backs when they stopped the action.

Agreed. I was dealing with kids, but looked like both guys took a shot - looked like lions colliding in mid air - and Warner either had a worse angle or got overpowered, but it looked like he was going to be in some trouble.

I had questions and wasn't as high on warner as most on this board. He's got serious issues now.

Bowman was better @97' an weighed 182? maybe he(jw) is hurt. He doesnt have that explosiveness on his feet and he didnt try too turn much. IDK, JMO
Hopefully he gets it together an wrestles better.

I think it might be a little of both. I thought he could definitely AA this year, especially with all the injuries at 197. I think Bo and Moore will be in the finals.
Every performance like this for Warner, puts him further away from a good seed. At this rate he'll be wrestling Bo in round 2 and headed for the consi's and not within sniffing distance of the podium. Fortunately there are no more Midlands Tournaments between here and March.

Head case? That's tough love... How about an issue that's preventing him from wrestling the way he is used to?

I guess that sounds like an excuse.. so we can't consider that.

Head case? That's tough love... How about an issue that's preventing him from wrestling the way he is used to?

I guess that sounds like an excuse.. so we can't consider that.

It makes sense... they were not holding him out for the hell of it.

Well an ankle issue would make it hard to keep cardio / endurance up. Been there.

Reactions: andegre
Every performance like this for Warner, puts him further away from a good seed. At this rate he'll be wrestling Bo in round 2 and headed for the consi's and not within sniffing distance of the podium. Fortunately there are no more Midlands Tournaments between here and March.
He’s not making the tourney wrestling like this.

Reactions: HamWentworth
Well he has a couple losses now - he should just let it fly.

Bowman was better @97' an weighed 182? maybe he(jw) is hurt. He doesnt have that explosiveness on his feet and he didnt try too turn much. IDK, JMO
Hopefully he gets it together an wrestles better.

He does not have a top game really. He can ride a little bit but I have not seen any kind of turn series from him. He does not change levels well in neutral either, a snatch single is about all I ever see.

Last edited:
Reactions: HamWentworth
Wasn't Beau Breske a top #10 P4P (Blue Chip) recruit out of Wisconsin a few years ago? Freestyle National Champ. He had a bad year with Nebraska and seems to be back on target under Bono.

Lol, not on target. He just got there via transfer to fill a hole they have at 197. He is not a 197. He was at Nebby a couple years and did nothing the whole time. He has not done anything at Wisconsin either.

I love Cass and him letting it fly. That match against the CMU guy he just got knee picked straight to his back by a very large man! The more times Cass is in there with these higher level guys, the better off he's going to be...he needs the redshirt to develop and get stronger like many have said. When his career is over I'm guessing he's going to be one of our favorite Hawkeye Heavyweights.

Warner is (I hope) just dealing with an injury and hitting the same thing, he's wrestling men now.
Someone stated he might not be the most athletic guy, I can see why some might think that but how do you medal at the Cadet Worlds and not be an athletic kid? Obviously he's not Kamal Bey or Jacori Teemer athletic but he's still more athletic than probably 95% of the kids he wrestles...problem is he's still a RS Freshman.

Lee looked bad in the 2nd and 3rd, stalled his butt off but he could because he was up so big. I wish he'd figure it out but it's college wrestling and pretty much no one looks unstoppable the whole season. He's super special but I think we as fans think so highly of him that we lose real perspective of how tough it is to go out and dominate every match...should still be the goal but lets pump the brakes sometimes and realize what these guys are really trying to accomplish.

Go Hawks!!!!

Reactions: Kwoodhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT