ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota State Finals

I watched Kennedy match for about 1 minute and then switched to Glazier match. Kennedy was treating his opponent like a rag doll.

Reactions: redmarlie
I watched Kennedy match for about 1 minute and then switched to Glazier match. Kennedy was treating his opponent like a rag doll.

You know, if you have a phone or TV in addition to a computer, or two tabs on your computer, you could have watched them both at the same time.

Kerkvliet is up in a little bit. Has three falls of :45 or less heading into the finals. If he hadn't grown so much and stayed around 197, he and Gable Steveson would have been an okay way to close out duals.

Reactions: MNRodent
You know, if you have a phone or TV in addition to a computer, or two tabs on your computer, you could have watched them both at the same time.
Yeah I know. I do that for BTN's and NCAA's every year. Didn't bother tonight. Kennedy's match was actually uninteresting to me. It looked like a man against a JrHigh wrestler. Kennedy is simply a beast.

Wish Track could get Hawkeye streaming wrestling came in clear as a bell and no problems..Plus they have a professional writer in Andy Hamilton :)

Reactions: T8KUDWN and MSeil
Or one long night. Either one. Not sure what Art's confusion is.

He's also a soph in high school. Not too many HS sophs have college level offense.

I’m not familiar with state championships with multiple divisions. I didn’t realize they were all at done simultaneously. Seems like kind of a bummer to wrestle for a state championship with two other matches going on next to you.

Now I wonder how they handle it in Virginia with six classes.

Reactions: anon_158pyj2g2d8m7
I’m not familiar with state championships with multiple divisions. I didn’t realize they were all at done simultaneously. Seems like kind of a bummer to wrestle for a state championship with two other matches going on next to you.

Now I wonder how they handle it in Virginia with six classes.

Just an FYI...Iowa has all three of their classes wrestling for state titles at the same time. Due to logistics(TV, scheduling, etc) I would suspect that all states do this similarly.

Just an FYI...Iowa has all three of their classes wrestling for state titles at the same time. Due to logistics(TV, scheduling, etc) I would suspect that all states do this similarly.

Probably— for some reason I’d just never given thought as to how that would work. I assume it’s the same format at the pre-state tournaments (Sectionals, regions, whatever you have there)?

Or are those run separately?

Are there any replays out there? Missed all 3 matches for watching them pathetic Hawks BB team. :(

Kennedy looks like he will be very good! with a chance of being outstanding!
Sokol looks like he will be very good.
Glazier looks like, a lot of recent big guy Iowa recruits. Hard to score on but doesn't light up the scoreboard against quality wrestlers.

Kennedy looks like he will be very good! with a chance of being outstanding!
Sokol looks like he will be very good.
Glazier looks like, a lot of recent big guy Iowa recruits. Hard to score on but doesn't light up the scoreboard against quality wrestlers.
After this weekend, I’m making Kennedy and Sokol #1 and #1A. If you go back to 2017 Cadet Fargo, Sokol teched a couple really good wrestlers (Trevor Mastrogiavanni and Dominick Serrano) to win the 120 lb title. Then he missed a whole year due to injuries but looks to be back to 100%. Who does he remind you of? Randy Lewis?

Take the kids going to Iowa plus Kerkvliet and King and there's a lot of talent leaving Minnesota these days.
And it'll get worse once Bono gets rolling. Eggum will be left with the legacy recruits and the brothers/relatives of current guys on the roster...ie...Thorns/Stevesons/McKees/Shorts. But at least the AD didn't have to spend $$$ on a national search for J's replacement.

And it'll get worse once Bono gets rolling. Eggum will be left with the legacy recruits and the brothers/relatives of current guys on the roster...ie...Thorns/Stevesons/McKees/Shorts. But at least the AD didn't have to spend $$$ on a national search for J's replacement.
Yeah I dont like to badmouth any coach (except ones that are willing to comprimise their own intergrity to have more fun) . With all the high caliber grads/world team members type guys out there and Minny being hotbed for recruits, it seems not much thought was put into building there program. Eggman seems like a good enough guy and has earned a spot Im sure , but for them not to bring in a recruiting powerhouse type guy has not done them justice. From the outside looking in of coarse

Reactions: MitchLL
MitchLL's back. Here I thought you had retired from the sport after the Okie st spanking.
I would think you'd be more comfortable conversing with your ilk on the Goph forum lamenting the loss of the best In State wrestlers? Or dreaming about getting Sokol to switch his commitment? At least the program has stolen a few guys from Augsburg!:p

Good luck to Nebraska and Minnesota as they strive for that top 10 finish at Nattys.

I would think you'd be more comfortable conversing with your ilk on the Goph forum lamenting the loss of the best In State wrestlers? Or dreaming about getting Sokol to switch his commitment? At least the program has stolen a few guys from Augsburg!:p

Good luck to Nebraska and Minnesota as they strive for that top 10 finish at Nattys.
Didnt realize the Goofs had a forum?

Really sad that the Iowa board is happy to to better than the goofs. Thinks the sights should be higher.

You're obviously new, but bitch slapping Jammies is one of our national pass times here in the cesspool.

Iowa, just gets bitch slapped by OSU, so now Mitchell turns his attention back to MN who they might beat for one or two more years, before recruits realize the Brands just don't develop talent like Dan the Man did.

Iowa, just gets bitch slapped by OSU, so now Mitchell turns his attention back to MN who they might beat for one or two more years, before recruits realize the Brands just don't develop talent like Dan the Man did.
I made this prediction to Grappler and I'll repeat it to you... Minny isn't finishing ahead of Iowa or winning a dual against Iowa for the entire career of Steveson's eligibility. I don't care how many transfers fall into Eggum's lap, either. Iowa fans hope Eggum develops talent like Gopher fans have experienced with Tommy Thorn, aka on the Gopher forum, as HEW!

Next time you want to trash talk... be better prepared.

Posts like these amuse me. It must be like having to call in stunt cock to bang the old wife eh? She is getting some and you are very happy about it but you really wish it could be you but you just have not been able to get it done in years.

Well that took kind of an odd turn.

tenor.gif

Reactions: MNRodent
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT