Nelson Brands5-9174 lbs.Sr.Iowa City, IowaIowa City West
Brennan Swafford5-11174 lbs.RS Sr.Mediapolis, IowaMediapolisGraceland
Will Carano5-8165 lbs.RS Fr.Putnam Valley, N.Y.Putnam Valley

Last year's roster.​

Abe, Brands, Swafford...1-800-BETSOFF
McCain went 1-2 BBQ at the Salute
Carano went 2-2 at the Salute at 174
Griffith is no longer on the roster

Goalpost officially moved. Nobody said he needed our protection. Just immature and disrespectful as hell to call him a fat a$$. Hard working, 2-sport athlete, didn't see any disrepectful behavior from him. Deserves respect, not ridicule. Now Manning, he's a dumb a$$. 😉
And I didn't call him anything, nor did I disrespect him. Someone else did. This didn't need to go into a lesson about body shaming. There are many good reasons that they imposed a 285 lb limit for HWT wrestlers years ago. Maybe by the end of the season, the Polar Bear will be much in much better shape for wrestling.

Now calling Mark Manning (or any of the opposing coaches) a dumb a$$ could also be labeled immature and disrespectful, but I know that you (we) are just being excited fans in the moment, as we all are. Lots of Hawk fans intensely dislike him, but I've met him and I don't, but I don't think any less of you for saying it.

Reactions: ff141
That’s incorrect. Warner beat him both times last year. Allred is terrible on bottom which is why he lost 1-0 to Warner and has been tilted up like crazy this year. In the dual last year Nebby only won 157 like 7-3 or something and 174 like 3-2.
You're right. I misread Wrestestats. Thanks for correcting.

Reactions: UndercoverHawk
"Things I never thought I'd say for 200, Alex."
  1. Zach Glazier moves his undefeated record up to 14-0.
  2. The Hawkeyes recorded 13 takedowns and 18 escapes, topping Nebraska’s 11 takedowns and 16 escapes.
  3. Drake Ayala now has six ranked wins on the season.
  4. Iowa now extends its all-time winning lead over Nebraska to 36-10.
#3 Iowa 22, #6 Nebraska 10
125 – #5 Drake Ayala (I) dec. #7 Caleb Smith (N), 7-3
133 – #30 Jacob Van Dee (N) dec. #7 Brody Teske (I), 10-4
141 – #1 Real Woods (I) dec. #7 Brock Hardy (N), 8-2
149 – #1 Ridge Lovett (N) dec. #12 Caleb Rathjen (I), 6-0
157 – #2 Jared Franek (I) dec. #3 Peyton Robb (N), 5-4
165 – #7 Michael Caliendo (I) dec. #19 Antrell Taylor (N), 8-3
174 – Patrick Kennedy (I) dec. #30 Bubba Wilson (N), 9-5
184 – #3 Lenny Pinto (N) major dec. Aiden Riggins (I), 18-5
197 – #16 Zach Glazier (I) major dec. #11 Sillas Allred (N), 11-2
285 – Bradley Hill (I) vs. Nash Hutchmacher (N), 4-1

Attendance: 5,208
Officials: Peter Mankowich, Angel Rivera

"I wish Angel Rivera was the head referee"
-

Teske is maddening because he has demonstrated so many tools. He has a variety of shots. He can ride, has some turns, not a bad tank. It just feels like the sun of parts hasn't produced the results you would expect.
That's a good way to put it. He does have the tools and the tank. The sum of the parts is disappointing.

Who are these guys, and why are they credible? I hope they are right about Zach certifying at 184, was surprised Kennedy certified at 157. If they are credible, why do they think Kennedy is a senior, and Angelo a junior in high school?

There is zero purpose to Glazier sucking 13 lbs.

Reactions: Dont_Just_Dream
Who are these guys, and why are they credible? I hope they are right about Zach certifying at 184, was surprised Kennedy certified at 157. If they are credible, why do they think Kennedy is a senior, and Angelo a junior in high school?
It’s Adam Fellers, Sebolt Academy coach, Iowa junior duels team coach, also wrestled at Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT