ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska pbp/discussion

Come on, man.

He's a starter on the DL for the football team and dropped 45lbs to make weight.

You don't need to go there.
Being a starter for the DL doesn't get you any special consideration. I read that Nebby's current football coach wants Nash to trim down a bit anyway. The Polar Bear got skinned tonight.

Nash may have been a four-time High school champ in S. Dakota, but if you go out there against the Hawks, you'd better be ready to wrestle. Obviously, he isn't what they thought he was (at this point), and/or Hill has ascended a notch.

Last edited:
Fat kid might get better endurance as the season proceeds, but he ain't making it to the blood round at Nattys, imo.

Reactions: shudaddy
Very entertaining dual. Nice performance by the Hawks.

Only one I was really disappointed with was Teske, obviously. Did he not game-plan that match AT ALL after barely beating him 2 weeks ago? Flat-footed. Check. Gives up the first TD. Check. Doesn't get to his offense, which is his strength against a guy ranked #30. Check. Rolls around with him, which is the other guy's strength. Check.

Stupidity. Sheer stupidity.

Just piss-poor to the nth degree.

Joint OW to Ayala, Franek & Glazier.

I'm just a Hawkeye homer, with limited wrestling knowledge. But that was an entertaining dual.

Ref pissed me off with the stall calls, but that only made victory that much sweeter.

Talking up the polar bear, with nothing said about Hill.... Then Hill taking him to deep water and finishing him off. BEAUTIFUL!

Last edited:
You're right, Teske looked GREAT tonight!!! We need more of that effort all season.
Bssadvisors No GIF by Barstool Sports

Very entertaining dual. Nice performance by the Hawks.

Only one I was really disappointed with was Teske, obviously. Did he not game-plan that match AT ALL after barely beating him 2 weeks ago? Flat-footed. Check. Gives up the first TD. Check. Doesn't get to his offense, which is his strength against a guy ranked #30. Check. Rolls around with him, which is the other guy's strength. Check.

Stupidity. Sheer stupidity.

Just piss-poor to the nth degree.

Joint OW to Ayala, Franek & Glazier.
Agree. The veteran of many teams was a disappointment tonight, and I think that it's mental, not physical. He has all the tools, but he also has mental lapses.

Being a starter for the DL doesn't get you any special consideration. I read that Nebby's current football coach wants Nash to trim down a bit anyway. The Polar Bear got skinned tonight.

Nash may have been a four-time High school champ in S. Dakota, but if you go out there against the Hawks, you'd better be ready to wrestle. Obviously, he isn't what they thought he was (at this point), and/or Hill has ascended a notch.
That's not the point.

Calling him a "fat ass" is absolutely uncalled for and disrespectful. We shouldn't be body shaming anyone and you shouldn't be defending his comment.

It’s been several years since Hut wrestled. 6 weeks in a college room after being off for a few years is not a great recipe for success.

Others have talked about the weight thing but in football he was consuming massive calories to keep weight on. Ending that, plus all the cardio from wrestling, and all the extra lbs he was carrying, it really isn’t hard to believe at all that he dropped upwards of 45 lbs in 6 weeks.

That said, both are true. If you haven’t observed Hill’s progress over the last year you’re not paying attention. Middle of the road HWT. Outside chance of being a national qualifier. 20 lbs and 2 years and he’s on the podium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT