ADVERTISEMENT

New R v D Generic Poll out--BIG shift

Women are outpacing men by 10 points in early voting. And this lead hasn't budged one inch since early voting started. You have to wonder what this means?
Should be an easy victory for Team Blue next Tuesday then Huey! Congrats on keeping House and gaining seats in the Senate.

This is the time during an election process that you start following the smart money in the betting markets … and not the pundits on Twitter.

Reactions: hwk23
This is the time during an election process that you start following the smart money in the betting markets … and not the pundits on Twitter.

But Twitter reaffirms my biases

Is this article saying that 88.5 percent of the House will be Republican?

It’s interesting looking at the 538 and RCP data vs. the betting markets on electionbettingodds.com. The betting markets seem to have some inside info or internal polling numbers as they have been 10-14 days ahead of 538 on the shift to Rs chances of gaining control of the Senate. They are now up to a 67% chance on the betting markets. Could be more swings either way as the big money comes in.
No no no. @Huey Grey and @Chishawk1425 have assured my Team Blue is gaining seats in the Senate and will hold the house. Dem pollsters have told them the early vote is going so well for Team Blue there is no way they can lose.

Reactions: abby97 and NCHawk5
The best thing for Democrats in 2024 is for them to lose the house. Then you will see a complete clown show and no attempt to govern in any way. Getting a budget done may be impossible.
Kinda where I’ve resigned myself to.

I think eventually every day people will get tired of all the conspiracies and victim hood. Especially if inflation cools off and stocks turn around. Both of which should happen.

I think eventually every day people will get tired of all the conspiracies and victim hood. Especially if inflation cools off and stocks turn around. Both of which should happen.
“If inflation cools off”? WTF?
Inflation will “cool off”...inflation is a natural part of a capitalist economy cycle....why wouldn’t inflation eventually dissipate? When hasn’t it in the past?

Inflation will “cool off”...inflation is a natural part of a capitalist economy cycle....why wouldn’t inflation eventually dissipate? When hasn’t it in the past?
It will. But won’t happen overnight. Relax.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
I think the problem is we haven't experienced inflation like this for damned near 40 years.

Reactions: Aardvark86
The best thing for Democrats in 2024 is for them to lose the house. Then you will see a complete clown show and no attempt to govern in any way. Getting a budget done may be impossible.
I'm thinking the same thing. The worst thing dems could do is continue with control of everything the next 2 years, because the odds are it won't be pretty. I might go so far as to say the only chance dems have in 2024 is to lose the house, (to a lesser degree the senate, but gridlock is the friend of the dems).

It's much easier to argue that you didn't get anything done because "Rs blocked us" than that you didn't get anything done and we controlled everything.

I think the problem is we haven't experienced inflation like this for damned near 40 years.
I would agree...but to hint inflation won’t end is alarmist...the economy lives quite comfortably with 2-3% inflation rate annually...The Feds job is to reign the current 8-10% in and the tried and true method for doing so is raising % rates and allowing time to take care of it....and Americans have no patience!
Again...this “inflation” has been coming at us for a long time (15 years or so) and it isn’t going away overnight. Higher taxes and less spending are 2 options if America is serious about a quicker resolution to the current inflTion....along with higher % rates. However, understand, the non-partisan Fed is always looking for “the smoothest landing” coming out of these financial messes.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I would agree...but to hint inflation won’t end is alarmist...the economy lives quite comfortably with 2-3% inflation rate annually...The Feds job is to reign the current 8-10% in and the tried and true method for doing so is raising % rates and allowing time to take care of it....and Americans have no patience!
Again...this “inflation” has been coming at us for a long time (15 years or so) and it isn’t going away overnight. Higher taxes and less spending are 2 options if America is serious about a quicker resolution to the current inflTion....along with higher % rates. However, understand, the non-partisan Fed is always looking for “the smoothest landing” coming out of these financial messes.
The push back on rate increases...coming primarily from the left....is a prime example of "lack of patience".

It’s interesting looking at the 538 and RCP data vs. the betting markets on electionbettingodds.com. The betting markets seem to have some inside info or internal polling numbers as they have been 10-14 days ahead of 538 on the shift to Rs chances of gaining control of the Senate. They are now up to a 67% chance on the betting markets. Could be more swings either way as the big money comes in.
Note though that while elections are local, betting markets are not. Local votes.

Right. The r problem is that given the veto their ability to drive policy will be limited. Sadly, that leaves “oversight”, which is the realm of mean people.

inflation is a natural part of a capitalist economy cycle...

No, it isn’t. It is the consequence of the monetary authorities increasing the money supply.

.why wouldn’t inflation eventually dissipate?
It is policy dependent. When the monetary authorities cease inflating the money supply the prices level will stabilize. You cannot maintain an increase in prices absent inflation of the money supply.
An overall increase in the price level is a market reaction to inflation of the money supply (in our monetary system this happens when the Federal Reserve buys debt to manipulate interest rates), it is not a market reaction to capitalist activity.

Reactions: dandh
Why don't you ask that question in Venezuela?

Generic polling continues to shift towards Republicans.

R 46.4
D 45

Not sure what explains the shift the last couple weeks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT