ADVERTISEMENT

Nice Tyler Goodson Interview

So, do you play him early against lesser competition? Or hold him for later in the season incase other guys get dinged up? If we blow out Middle Tennessee State Technical Southwestern College... get him some 2nd half reps...assuming he's ready.

Either way, I'm excited about this kid. Sounds like a winner.
I think you play him early so he gets his feet wet. If he gains 5-10 pounds, he'll be ready from a physical standpoint. I hope he has a great summer in Iowa City and is ready to play Big Ten football!

I think you play him early so he gets his feet wet. If he gains 5-10 pounds, he'll be ready from a physical standpoint. I hope he has a great summer in Iowa City and is ready to play Big Ten football!

Yep..and as others have noted, if he "gets" the blocking scheme and import of waiting for and seeking the right cutback lanes. Some young guys don't show the patience needed to excel in this scheme.

Yep..and as others have noted, if he "gets" the blocking scheme and import of waiting for and seeking the right cutback lanes. Some young guys don't show the patience needed to excel in this scheme.
For a guy like Goodson ... even if he were to struggle learning the nuances of the blocking schemes ... he's still a versatile enough athlete that he could play a role comparable to Tracy. Not all guys have that sort of skill set ... so it gives him more options in our O (compared to the average traditional RB).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT