ADVERTISEMENT

*****Ohio St vs Iowa Game Thread*****

Fran left starters in though
Because Holtmann didn't start pressing until Iowa's subs came in and was only 4 mins left.

Just accept you got outplayed by the better team and put your end of the bench in to save your main guys for the rest of the season.

Fran met Holtmann's douche moves with his own.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
If osu beats Purdue do we have a chance at 1st place?

That's a big if. And they own the head to head against us... Purdue only has 4 games left. 3 at home. OSU at home will be just what the doctor ordered for them. I see them winning the final 4 regular season games. Making the B1G championship to lose to us again. ;) .

Their next 4.
OSU
Indiana (payback game)
@Wisc
Illinois

Reactions: HawkBall23
If osu beats Purdue do we have a chance at 1st place?
IF OSU somehow pulled off the miracle of the season (so far) and wins @ PU, and Iowa beats NW, they'd be in a tie with NW and whoever else at 10-6 for 2nd in the B1G.

(but Iowa would own tiebreaker if just them & NW at 10-6 after this weekend)

PU would still be in first at 12-5.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Because Holtmann didn't start pressing until Iowa's subs came in and was only 4 mins left.

Just accept you got outplayed by the better team and put your end of the bench in to save your main guys for the rest of the season.

Fran met Holtmann's douche moves with his own.
Problem is the BIGS that may be needed the next 3 weeks still have almost ZERO minutes on the floor.

But I’m not shocked with his short sightedness. Typical Fran.

Reactions: KcTo and RomanHawk
IF OSU somehow pulled off the miracle of the season (so far) and wins @ PU, and Iowa beats NW, they'd be in a tie with NW and whoever else at 10-6 for 2nd in the B1G.

(but Iowa would own tiebreaker if just them & NW at 10-6 after this weekend)

PU would still be in first at 12-5.
The right refs and any team can beat any other team in the big. Painter gets caught with all 3 refs wives just before the game? Go Matt Painter!!

• Haha
Reactions: HawkBall23
Weird how quickly Fran pulled Bowen and Dix. Never had time to do a lot wrong. I can't remember the last game that Bowen didn't look totally inept.

Strange game. OSU shot 53% overall, 57% from 3, and 100% on FTs, and got blown away.

Outstanding game by Connor on both ends.

Weird how quickly Fran pulled Bowen and Dix. Never had time to do a lot wrong. I can't remember the last game that Bowen didn't look totally inept.

Strange game. OSU shot 53% overall, 57% from 3, and 100% on FTs, and got blown away.

Hope Bowen stays but he isn't ready for this at all on year 1.

He put Dix and Bowen in and the first thing Bowen did is get himself into a double team, and the team slid downhill. Then Fran got pissed and put the regulars back in.
I think Fran is sending a message, and I support that message. Play hard, use your brain, or sit on the bench.
Facts.

2 minor OSU points.
1. I've never seen a team travel with so much staff. I think they had a dozen guys in white pullovers sitting in two rows on the bench. I cannot understand how you'd need them all on the road. They had more guys on the road than Iowa had for the home game.
2. Kind of playing off of that, Holtman is not getting a lot out of all the money people are investing into the program. In him, or in the players. This is something I've mentioned before in the brave new world of NIL. Some boosters are shelling out money for talent that is giving them a 3 win team. Big boosters hate that.

He put Dix and Bowen in and the first thing Bowen did is get himself into a double team, and the team slid downhill. Then Fran got pissed and put the regulars back in.
I think Fran is sending a message, and I support that message. Play hard, use your brain, or sit on the bench.
Lol. You play it out and coach during film. That’s what that time is for.

Probably the Duke game. He was seemingly the only one who played well that night. I thought for sure he’d take Perkins or Ulis spot after that, but he’s barely played since. Weird freshman season for him.

Lol. You play it out and coach during film. That’s what that time is for.
No, all other coaches have been doing it wrong.

You definitely don't want the backups to have any experience, that way if you ever actually need them to play they can fvck up at that point and lose a game for you rather than up 28 with 3 minutes left.

• Love
Reactions: KcTo
Probably the Duke game. He was seemingly the only one who played well that night. I thought for sure he’d take Perkins or Ulis spot after that, but he’s barely played since. Weird freshman season for him.
Confidence is a weird thing.

Still a 7/4/3 guy in 29 mins per game which is good for him but I don't get why he gets drooled over. The other starters and Sandfort are having pretty good games too but you'd think CM was the only guy who showed up the games he's on
your hate for Conner just makes you look stupid he was the best player on the floor tonight

This is so wrong on so many levels.
how about you call a time out and actually coach this kid?
how about you pull them out, coach them, ie, tell them what they did wrong, what they should do, and then put them back in to see their behavior change?

no, playing Perkins 20 min and kris 19 min in 2h in 28 point game and Not getting others experience is a huge tactical game coaching blunder,

but Patrick did get 23min, and lead the team with a -6, in a 20 point blow out

Reactions: BrewHawk
After the game Fran indicated that filip and Patrick(I think) were fighting the flu the last couple of days so he was content to let filip sit out while Pat was feeling better.
Last thing we need is a flu bug running thru the roster.

Did you see the Indiana / NW game last night. Let’s give it to the 4 minute mark.
What happened at the 4 minute mark up 20?
fran left his starters in to close it out.

recall Dix played last +10 minutes to pull out a come from behind vs Michigan
now can’t be trusted foe ANY minutes up 20?

fran is so inconsistent with his player rotation strategy it’s easy to see why he’s constantly under critical review

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT