ADVERTISEMENT

*****OSU vs Iowa BTT Game Thread*****

Sick post feeds, baby! You obviously don't know the game.

Lol

Fans complaining about the refs, fans complaining about the freaking ball FFS lol. OSU has more talent and is deeper at every single position not played by Kris Murray and it's not even remotely close. Plus, Holtmann is a good coach.

Sometimes the other team has more talent and just plays better.

There's no shame in that.

Nobody really gives two f's who wins this weekend money grab BS tourney. Get rested and hope for a favorable matchup in the real tourney.
So last year’s big ten tourney title doesn’t count either?!? Got to be consistent.

I don't even get upset anymore. Why? We likely have another 5 years of Fran. It will never be better. Next week the Hawks will probably get bounced in the first game yet again, rinse and repeat.

I just laugh.
I don't get upset any longer just expect nothing to change until McCaffery is gone. Hope I live that long to see no Ferentz and no McCaffery at Iowa.

Lol

Fans complaining about the refs, fans complaining about the freaking ball FFS lol. OSU has more talent and is deeper at every single position not played by Kris Murray and it's not even remotely close. Plus, Holtmann is a good coach.

Nobody really gives two f's who wins this weekend money grab BS tourney. Get rested and hope for a favorable matchup in the real tourney.
Then the excuse will be the Hawks were rusty from TOO MUCH rest.

They had 4 days rest to 1 for OSU today for cripes sake.

• Haha
Reactions: Herklejerk
I don't even get upset anymore. Why? We likely have another 5 years of Fran. It will never be better. Next week the Hawks will probably get bounced in the first game yet again, rinse and repeat.

I just laugh.
But we’ve met 95% of Hawkeye Nation’s expectations: Making it to the tournament.

Super.

Reactions: 83Hawk
I would agree this game came down to our poor 3 point shooting. Disagree that is why we haven’/can’t have post season success. It’s not hard to be hot from the 3 for 2-4 games in a row. I think our defense has. More often been the culprit the past few years. I thought we played pretty good defense today.
The defense was bad in the second half, hence the %50 shooting given up.

If you consistently play bad defense, which Iowa does under Fran, you have to shoot lights out every time to win which is difficult to do for multiple games in a row.

Then the excuse will be the Hawks were rusty from TOO MUCH rest.

They had 4 days rest to 1 for OSU today for cripes sake.
Maybe... But I'd rather have the rest than lose in the semis or whatevs (jerk off motion).

The BTT is BS. I know who won it last year because it was us. Who won it the year before? No idea without looking it up. No one cares.

Reactions: DewHawk

Lol

Iowa is clearly better at 3 of 5 starting positions vs OSU.

Kris, Perkins, Rebraca.

Sensabaugh and their pg are much better than iowas 1 and 3.

Iowa has the advantage at 6th man but osu probably has better depth overall.

This is just typical Fran stuff. Bad defense and rely on 3pt shooting.

Edit, since you laugh faced what is pretty obviously true ill put it up in writing.

Perkins 16 pts 6 rb vs Gayle 9 &3

Rebraca 20 pts 7 rb vs Okpara 2 & 5

Kris 17 pts 6 rb vs Sueing 14 & 5

Im right.

Last edited:
Question for the Non-Fran fade people:
Is being 2-4 in last 6 games considered a fade?
A fade, to me, is a decline from previous levels. 2-4 is certainly not a surge, but this team has been pretty much the same all year - look good for a stretch, then lose a few to bad teams in a short stretch. What I get tired of is the constant changing definition of fade, some people are just looking so hard to try to attach the “Fran Fade” label and are mostly trying too hard. Even if we call this one a fade (and I’ll agree if Iowa loses in the 1st round of the NCAA), the “fade” is always brought up as an “always” thing, when it very clearly has not been.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
But we’ve met 95% of Hawkeye Nation’s expectations: Making it to the tournament.

Super.

5 years in a row Babyyyy!!! Loving it. Getting there is 99% of the fun,

Hopefully NCAA gives Fran a fighting chance with 1st opponent....an opposing team of mostly white guys that don't play defense would be the ticket. No Salty A10 teams with a lightning quick PG or a flopping PF.

Maybe... But I'd rather have the rest than lose in the semis or whatevs (jerk off motion).

The BTT is BS. I know who won it last year because it was us. Who won it the year before? No idea without looking it up. No one cares.
Actually. I would prefer to win at least ONE game in the BTT.

Knowing our luck, the Hawks will be playing a late Friday game.....against a team from the West Coast.

Just like Nebraska game we had an offensive lineup who couldn't make stops down the stretch. Point and case connor playing his guy 30 feet from the hoop who just blows by him with no help D.
Wrong, just wrong

the important takeaway is IOWA did not commit a foul, that would have endangered the playing time of a preferred,player.

5 years in a row Babyyyy!!! Loving it. Getting there is 99% of the fun,

Hopefully NCAA gives Fran a fighting chance with 1st opponent....an opposing team of mostly white guys that don't play defense would be the ticket. No Salty A10 teams with a lightning quick PG or a flopping PF.

Fran is now the only coach to lose to a 13th seed twice as a 5 or 6 seed.

i figured when this team got beat at home by Nebraska they were doing winning for the year and they have proven that now....loss in first round of the BIG and a quick exit in round one of the NCAA tournament and maybe we can get rid of this idiot coach!

i figured when this team got beat at home by Nebraska they were doing winning for the year and they have proven that now....loss in first round of the BIG and a quick exit in round one of the NCAA tournament and maybe we can get rid of this idiot coach!
Tell you what -

If Brian Ferentz gets to keep his job after all these years of poor performance, there’s 0% chance we get rid of Fran after a 19-14 season.

Fran will be the coach until Fran doesn’t want to be the coach.

8 seconds literally came off the shot clock. OSU guy didnt dribble.

8>5

Unless the time-space continuum doesnt apply to OSU, the refs unquestionably blew that 5-second call
You remember how much time was left when this happened? I couldn't pause or rewind when watching, and have meant to watch that play again - 16:12 second half, nevermind

It wouldn't be an Iowa basketball thread without people blaming the refs before, during, and after the game.
Well……… they have been consistently shitty in the past. For all teams. I only care about the questionable ones that Iowa had to deal with.

You remember how much time was left when this happened? I couldn't pause or rewind when watching, and have meant to watch that play again - 16:12 second half, nevermind

Not only a is he closely guarded for 7 or 8 seconds, he traveled at least two different times in that play. It’s also very questionable who the ball eventually goes out of bounds off of. Iowa didn’t think it was off of them.

Another question: After Iowa got the OSU 10 second call, Iowa gained possession with only a 20 second shot clock. Is that the correct rule? I can’t imagine that’s the correct ruling, but I can’t believe the scorers table set it at 20 seconds by accident either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT