ADVERTISEMENT

*****OSU vs Iowa BTT Game Thread*****

1:30pm BTN
Iowa -2

Well here we are hawk fans, these teams split in the regular season with both winning games at home.
It took an epic comeback for Iowa to pull out the W a few weeks ago.
The OSU freshman are starting to play some good ball, for that I see a 75-70 OSU victory.
Epic comeback? Iowa led most of that game and won by 17. I'll say Iowa by 12, OSU almost pissed that win down their leg yesterday.

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
Hawks need to get filip involved early and often.
OSU can be vulnerable to pressure..
Shoot the ball well..make fts and Hawks eke out a 79-77 win.

Good points, especially about Filip. this should be a higher scoring game if teams shoot their averages. Will be great if Perkins can get going in this game. If Kris, Filip and Perkins can get it going I think the hawks have enough points from PMac, Connor, Sandfort, and a few from Uhlis to win this game.

I would love to see the press help energize the hawks throughout each defensive trip down the floor. Stay close to their arc shooters to make their shots difficult

my bad, was thinking of the MSU game. I need some coffee.
Wisky pressure seemed to give tOSU some issues.
I like our chances if we pressure full court. I have the Hawks by 8-12.
tOSU will make us earn it, however.
(But again, with this szichophrenic team can't rule out anything)

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Doing the extremes today;

Iowa finally shoots well with the Wilson EVO ball & wins kinda comfortably, and carries that forward all the way to Sunday. (not guaranteeing back-2-back BTT crowns, but they will reach the CG)

or

Their sh*tty shooting luck with that stupid ball continues, and they flame out of Chicago today.

you-never-know-what-youre-gonna-get-24kgoldn.gif

Doing the extremes today;

Iowa finally shoots well with the Wilson EVO ball & wins kinda comfortably, and carries that forward all the way to Sunday. (not guaranteeing back-2-back BTT crowns, but they will reach the CG)

or

Their sh*tty shooting luck with that stupid ball continues, and they flame out of Chicago today.

you-never-know-what-youre-gonna-get-24kgoldn.gif
Did they use the same ball in the big ten tourney last year?

Good points, especially about Filip. this should be a higher scoring game if teams shoot their averages. Will be great if Perkins can get going in this game. If Kris, Filip and Perkins can get it going I think the hawks have enough points from PMac, Connor, Sandfort, and a few from Uhlis to win this game.

I would love to see the press help energize the hawks throughout each defensive trip down the floor. Stay close to their arc shooters to make their shots difficult

Unfortunately until the game is underway we won’t know which team is going to show up. The team that had energy and actually made an effort on D against Indiana getting out and running, which is IOWA at its best. Or the stand around flat footed on O and D tossing up 37 3’s with minimal effort on the glass.

I hope this isn't a kiss of death post, but their guards aren't that good handing the ball or setting up the offense.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Yeah we've NEVER seen the Hawks play that 1-2-2 full court press right?
FYI - That is not on the ball pressure they do not even trap the guy/ball on the press. They do get lazy passes once a game on average with token pressure.

FYI - That is not on the ball pressure they do not even trap the guy/ball on the press. They do get lazy passes once a game on average with token pressure.
Cool FYI. I get what you're saying for 1/2 court but not the 3/4 trap. That can cause havoc, and has for Purdue multiple times (go read their fans message boards to see how they feel about Iowa's 3/4 trap).

Would love to see a 72-60 type of game. Some solid rotations and running them off the three point line.

It's not like Iowa hasn't lost to a double-digit seed in their first game before. 2014-17. Four straight losses to 13, 12, 11, and 10 seeds.

• Wow
Reactions: uihawk82 and KcTo
It's not like Iowa hasn't lost to a double-digit seed in their first game before. 2014-17. Four straight losses to 13, 12, 11, and 10 seeds.

That was old Fran, this is new Fran.

Iowa might be one of the most unpredictable offensive teams in College B-ball. The Iowa defense on otherhand,'
is known quantity.

Still have to worry about Pf*er and Szelc on the ref crew, but Scirotto and Green are working this Rutgers/Michigan game.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Still have to worry about Pf*er and Szelc on the ref crew, but Scirotto and Green are working this Rutgers/Michigan game.
It wouldn't be an Iowa basketball thread without people blaming the refs before, during, and after the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT