ADVERTISEMENT

*****OSU vs Iowa BTT Game Thread*****

Did Connor really play 35 minutes and score ZERO points?

1 assist
2 turnovers

What exactly are you doing with those minutes?
only 1 rebound as well and got blown by all over the place. He has been pretty bad on offense for 6-7 weeks now yet daddy has been playing him more and more and more. He had that one lights out passing game but that is about it.

We lost to a talented team playing good basketball. I believe they were rated in the top 25 at one time. That doesn’t make us not good. The parity in the Big is unprecedented.
Literally if OSU as the 13 seed played Northwestern as the 2 seed, it might be a pick ‘em or northwestern favored by a couple points. Crazy.

Not much 3 pt shooting. Is it really the ball? (Didn’t help that we had a few good stops/steals near end but then couldn’t score at other end)

his shooting has reverted back to last year and teams dare his to shoot it again.

CMAC plays hard, has the brain for the game, but not the talent. CMAC probably would have been happy being a 10 min per game his entire career. Instead he's been a 3 year starter.

Not CMAC fault his Father see's the mirror image of himself in his kids.

Reactions: kzoohawk80
First game I’ve watched start to finish since the first Wisconsin loss back in December. Now I remember why. I’m done until there’s a regime change. There’s a decent chance we’ll be worse when that happens, but at least there will be a reason to watch, to see if we could actually be better.

At least I won’t be tempted to waste any time this weekend. More time to play my guitar. Cheers.

It was actually closer than I thought it would be given how they played on the road for most of the year and that last home game against Nebbie. I get a kick out of people thinking Iowa should have been a bigger favorite given all the evidence to the contrary. I mean c'mon. This team was 1-5 (now 1-6) vs Wiscy, Nebbie, and OSU.

And that cost us the game?
Looking only at the game situation as it was being played in that moment, it certainly contributed. Iowa was down 2 and on the verge of a turnover. A foul call on any of those tackles would have meant FTs and clock stoppage.

Reactions: HawkBall23
Literally if OSU as the 13 seed played Northwestern as the 2 seed, it might be a pick ‘em or northwestern favored by a couple points. Crazy.
No way that I would bet against OSU from here on in. They are a true freshman dominated team who is starting to understand CB and are starting to come into their own. With another top 10 class coming in next year, they could be very, very good

Reactions: iamahawki
Iowa was fouled twice at the end you cannot deny that, especially as they had just called that touch foul on Ulis 30 seconds earlier that bailed OSU out deep in the back court.

That said Fran has made his decisions on lineups, is so slow to adjust. We went to the 2-3 because Connor couldn't stay in front of his man. They tore us up with corner 3s where we continually fall asleep on rotations.
We were a better team when we were regularly going small in stretches and deviating out the minutes more the Dix.

I still think you have to play Sandfort 30 as that gives you the best chance for a deep run. We will never know as this is Connor's last ride and damn sure he will be on the floor for all 40 come next Th/Fri and that will likely be it.

I think Frans teams get too cocky. Can't win consistently when you're constantly gloating about your past successes. Not the mark of a winner. Fran is like this too.

This is the same game Iowa plays every time, the only thing that changes is if they hit 3s.

They give up close to %50 shooting every game.

If they go 8/17 instead of 4/17 its a comfortable win.

This way of playing will never result post season success. We've seen it for 13 years now.

Reactions: GHawk
So that is why they had 5 entire wins all conference season? Had 5 and 8 game losing streaks in the Big 10.
They probably have top 3 talent in the league, anre a young team and they are playing hot. I would not be surprised to see them win the BTT. I believe they were in the top 25 earlier in the season.

I don't understand why we wouldn't have fouled Okpara there at the end of the game. Holtman left him in the game and I was surprised.

And a whole bunch of slow dribbling, holding the ball, and yelling at people. Those intangibles don't show up in the box score.
But he can do that little between the legs dribble, one time, 40 feet from the basket just to signal to the defender, back off Jack or I might blow by you for a jam!

This is the same game Iowa plays every time, the only thing that changes is if they hit 3s.

They give up close to %50 shooting every game.

If they go 8/17 instead of 4/17 its a comfortable win.

This way of playing will never result post season success. We've seen it for 13 years now.
I would agree this game came down to our poor 3 point shooting. Disagree that is why we haven’/can’t have post season success. It’s not hard to be hot from the 3 for 2-4 games in a row. I think our defense has. More often been the culprit the past few years. I thought we played pretty good defense today.

I don't understand why we wouldn't have fouled Okpara there at the end of the game. Holtman left him in the game and I was surprised.
because FM is a terrible game coach and manager. Then you add in the nepotism you end up with a team that only wins when they are hot from the three.

Question for the Non-Fran fade people:
Is being 2-4 in last 6 games considered a fade?

They probably have top 3 talent in the league, anre a young team and they are playing hot. I would not be surprised to see them win the BTT. I believe they were in the top 25 earlier in the season.
They’re playing hot but that’d have to be some kind of record if they were to win it all. Their legs would give out way before the CG.

I would agree this game came down to our poor 3 point shooting. Disagree that is why we haven’/can’t have post season success. It’s not hard to be hot from the 3 for 2-4 games in a row. I think our defense has. More often been the culprit the past few years. I thought we played pretty good defense today.
1st half defense was pretty solid. 44 points in the 2nd half on roughly 60% shooting, not so hot.

Everyone griping about the missed calls at the end would have been livid if the situation was reversed and Iowa was called for a foul. No one to blame but Fran, whoever scouted this game and the players for not executing.
I'm trying to look on the bright side. My entire "Hawkeye" focus tomorrow can be on the baseball game in Lubbock.

I don't even get upset anymore. Why? We likely have another 5 years of Fran. It will never be better. Next week the Hawks will probably get bounced in the first game yet again, rinse and repeat.

I just laugh.

Did Connor really play 35 minutes and score ZERO points?

1 assist
2 turnovers

What exactly are you doing with those minutes?
Sick post feeds, baby! You obviously don't know the game.

Lol

Fans complaining about the refs, fans complaining about the freaking ball FFS lol. OSU has more talent and is deeper at every single position not played by Kris Murray and it's not even remotely close. Plus, Holtmann is a good coach.

Sometimes the other team has more talent and just plays better.

There's no shame in that.

Nobody really gives two f's who wins this weekend money grab BS tourney. Get rested and hope for a favorable matchup in the real tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT