ADVERTISEMENT

****Pitt @ Iowa Game Thread****

This was a good win in my book. Second half defense did the job (never did so last year). Not every game will be a cakewalk. Pitt have talent and are an upgrade from last year. Iowa's depth was the difference.

Reactions: VodkaSam
I’m not sure we are the number 14 team in the nation, I know they say we are but I’m not so sure, I guess we’ll find out in the games to come.
Gonzaga got taken to the wire by Illinois then beat Duke. Good teams have bad games. Iowa won despite shooting 10% less from the field and having arguably their two best players (Cook and Garza) make a combined 3 field goals.

Just like the games in NY weren’t cause to overreact positively, games like this aren’t reason to panic. A bad game and still got the win.

Hey NBA, I heard you took Moss Call for evaluation. I'm 56 and I can make unguarded 3s at times...call me.

Iowa after giving up 46 in the 1st half they came into the 2nd half and held them to 22 points.

Jordan ended the night with 6 steals not bad for a slow white kid from Iowa.

Iowa had their worst FT shooting night of the season as they shot 67.9%. shooting 36.5% from the field after coming into the game shooting 48% from the field.

maybe its just me but this was the type of game that Iowa have every time last season. sometime a ugly win can make a team better.

6-0 baby. next up is Wisconsin. 3-3 in the ACC/BT challenge.

Reactions: mrF6n6
He's about the only guy on the team that can beat his guy off the dribble. While I agree Tyler is high Turnover guy, I'd rather have Cook drive than Moss.

I think Cook will be able to take most bigs off the dribble but I would really like too see him post up and get the ball 10 from the basket and face up or back his man down, I don't think he will ever be anything more than a below average shooter so he needs to develop some post moves.

Reactions: Pepperman
Gonzaga got taken to the wire by Illinois then beat Duke. Good teams have bad games. Iowa won despite shooting 10% less from the field and having arguably their two best players (Cook and Garza) make a combined 3 field goals.

Just like the games in NY weren’t cause to overreact positively, games like this aren’t reason to panic. A bad game and still got the win.
"Who Dey?" ( in Iowa City ).

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Iowa wins having they’re worse performance of the year... good teams find a way to get it done.. even when they’re having a bad night..
encouraged by second half defensive effort

I don't think Tyler Cook has a shot in hell at landing in the NBA. Ball-handling has improved but man, his scoring game is pretty bad.

He's been good up until tonight. Probably should give it a few games of below par play before we declare that he sucks.

Reactions: birthhawk
Iowa wins having they’re worse performance of the year... good teams find a way to get it done.. even when they’re having a bad night..
encouraged by second half defensive effort
.986 points/possession defense gets it done (.63 ppp in 2nd half)- unbelievable after last year.

Last edited:
I don't think Tyler Cook has a shot in hell at landing in the NBA. Ball-handling has improved but man, his scoring game is pretty bad.

have to agree at this point. He does not look like an NBA player right now. Alot to work on for TC. Ball handling and that mid range jumper better show up or he doesn't have a prayer in the association

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT