ADVERTISEMENT

Proctor flips to Alabama

I recall when they said if a player was getting money (colorado skier) as a pro, they couldnt compete in ncaa. Well, NIL has taken away the "amateur " status and should negate players from playing in an amateur league.

Time to split the NIL off and disassociate it from ncaa.

D1 football is no longer.

There is a flip side to not having divisions and that is if Michigan and Ohio State would have played this year in the CCG one of them probably wasn’t going to be in the CFP. It won’t take too many seasons of the Big Ten losing CFP teams due to a non-divisional CCG that eliminates a team that wouldn’t have otherwise would have been in.
Very true, and without being a dick, and I’ve said this many times before, my only real issue isn’t with guys mad because the offense sucks ( it does) or because KF and BF has put us in a poor spot. It’s mostly because they literally have zero foresight… it’s all “see ball, go get ball” and I know you get what I’m saying.!

Reactions: hawk_a_holic
Exactly this. He was probably at Iowa 25-30 times in the last 2 years. This is CYA time, and nothing more.....
Exactly - he's probably had dozens of calls, visits, check-ups, whatever you want to call it

So...to claim the last visit went "nails on the chalkboard" just screams fake. It seems like he was stringing them along for months and using this as an excuse.

Again, I could see how a conversation like..."why are you jerking us around".... probably got awkward and uncomfortable but those are legit talking points by the staff.

All about money IMO

Been an Iowa fan for 40+ years, graduated Iowa, so yes, I'm an Iowa fan. You can be an Iowa fan and express displeasure with certain things about the Iowa program that you don't think are working very well. You guys who think that if you criticize anything about the Iowa program it means you aren't a true Iowa fan never fail to baffle me.
I’m mostly a lurker here and not even an Iowa fan by most standards and your comments in multiple threads come off as distasteful and unwelcomed.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Exactly - he's probably had dozens of calls, visits, check-ups, whatever you want to call it

So...to claim the last visit went "nails on the chalkboard" just screams fake. It seems like he was stringing them along for months and using this as an excuse.

Again, I could see how a conversation like..."why are you jerking us around".... probably got awkward and uncomfortable but those are legit talking points by the staff.

All about money IMO

Totally agree, good take!

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
So will he have 3 hats on the table for signing day? Probably should ask Oregon and Iowa if they want to offer another million.

Gotta keep milking

Reactions: cmhawks99
Bama came with the $,$$$,$$$
The NCAA HAS to rework this. They totally screwed the Iowa’s of the world. Why even watch the games or go to the bowls anymore? The blue bloods will rise up to NFL levels if this isn’t reworked.

Nothings up. It's all over Twitter. He officially announced
I had visions of Proctor and Lauck being bookends for 3 years, if not 4. Still, the Coaching is the biggest problem. Typical Iowa silence might suggest any changes haven’t been made, furthermore, don‘t get your hopes too high.

Iowa needs Proctor way more than he needs Iowa. I hope they don't burn a bridge here. Somebody else mentioned Alabama already has other 4/5-star guys coming in on the OL...iron sharpens iron but if he ever starts putting out feelers that he isn't having the best of times there, Iowa needs to have stayed in contact with him.

This is what recruiting is now. You don't get a guy one year? Fine. Recruit him the following year, or the year after that.
I have a feeling the ship has sailed. If he enters the portal next year, I highly doubt its Iowa.

The NCAA HAS to rework this. They totally screwed the Iowa’s of the world. Why even watch the games or go to the bowls anymore? The blue bloods will rise up to NFL levels if this isn’t reworked.
They already were, now they can just do it out in the open.

The only thing that matters in recruiting now is how much money a prized recruit can score.

Heard from a guy who works in the football offices that the last visit was not great, but from their end it was as many of you have said, that they secretly felt a little jilted with the Oregon visit so they questioned how committed he really was. And the answers they were getting in the visit seemed to confirm those suspicions. Kind of like when you know someone is lying to you. And going into that visit there was a thought that he might want to take a look at Bama and when they started getting wind of that, they pretty much knew he wasn’t staying committed. Sounds like there have been conversations for the past month about what the backup plan would be if he flipped, so I don’t think he caught them all that off guard. Also sounds like mom is a little much, but they had seen worse.

Hopefully he’s a flop and never cracks the 2 deeps. A lot more competition at Bama to see the field. He’s just another guy there, nothing special.
Look at Pierschbacher, I think that he would have been a much better NFL player if he played for the Hawks. Alabama has a lot of NFL busts. Look at their Outland winner 2021, 17th pick of the 6th round. Ha??? HE only played for Las Vegas for a year, traded to Chicago, played in two games?? KP may have better chance to win a SEC West Championship, National Championships are not a given liken 2015. I feel that at Iowa he would have been drafted ahead of the 17th selection in the 6th round!!

Reactions: Bishop1971
I’m mostly a lurker here and not even an Iowa fan by most standards and your comments in multiple threads come off as distasteful and unwelcomed.
So you're not an Iowa fan and I'm assuming not an Iowa grad, I'm genuinely curious which posts of mine you find "distasteful" and "unwelcome."

I think KF has done a lot of great things for the program. I also think the game has passed him by, he's stubborn, he's not willing to adapt, and he gifted his unqualified son a B1G offensive coordinator position at the age of 34 and there's really no denying the Iowa offense has become a national laughingstock. I think KF has been able to hide behind the abilities of one of the nation's best DCs which delivers consistently good records. I also think it's funny how some believe you're not a true Iowa fan if you criticize our coaches or program in any way.

So you're not an Iowa fan and I'm assuming not an Iowa grad, I'm genuinely curious which posts of mine you find "distasteful" and "unwelcome."

I think KF has done a lot of great things for the program. I also think the game has passed him by, he's stubborn, he's not willing to adapt, and he gifted his unqualified son a B1G offensive coordinator position at the age of 34 and there's really no denying the Iowa offense has become a national laughingstock. I think KF has been able to hide behind the abilities of one of the nation's best DCs which delivers consistently good records. I also think it's funny how some believe you're not a true Iowa fan if you criticize our coaches or program in any way.
I’m an Iowa fan enough to not take delight in a tough day for Iowa, and frankly, the state. I prefer not to disclose my affiliation to the university, but I am connected to it.

You probably aren’t the worst offender but your name sticks out as someone being rude and just saying completely negative and unnecessary crap. I’m probably half your age but feel it is necessary remind you to act like a civil adult.

More truth speaking.

You can drop the virtue signaling. We have every right to root against a player that didn’t choose Iowa.

I’m not virtue signaling or whatever other dumbass trope you want to label it as.

It isn’t your life. It isn’t your choice. Sorry you didn’t have to make similar difficult life choices, loser.

I personally can’t wait to face off week 1 in 3 seasons at whatever MAC directional school he lands at.

I kid I kid, BOL to him.

No but for real enjoy a lifetime of Circle K NIL commercials.

So saban worried because before nil not every team was willing to do it under the table. Now it is in the open where you can’t get penalized for paying players.

Timothy 6:9-10

“Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT