ADVERTISEMENT

Syncope

May 25, 2023
Anyone ever heard of this before? The past few days I've had headaches, irritating dry cough, shortness of breath and body aches. I just figured the Covid got me again 🙄. Then last night and this morning I've had 3 fainting spells.

I called my sister (no pic) who is a nurse. She mentioned Syncope. She's on her way now to pick me up and take me to the ER.

CSB

Wouldn’t that be a useful piece of information before heading to the ER?
I'm sure my sister will make me take one before heading to the hospital. This would be my 3rd time with Covid. I'm not worried about that. But I understand your point. The hospital will want to know.

I am worried about the fainting/blacking out. This has never happened to me before.

I'm sure my sister will make me take one before heading to the hospital. This would be my 3rd time with Covid. I'm not worried about that. But I understand your point. The hospital will want to know.

I am worried about the fainting/blacking out. This has never happened to me before.
I think I’ve read fainting (syncope) can be associated with active COVID infection as well as long-COVID. Or could just be something else.
I’m sure they’ll check you out.
Good luck

Reactions: Igor Stravinsky10
Anyone ever heard of this before? The past few days I've had headaches, irritating dry cough, shortness of breath and body aches. I just figured the Covid got me again 🙄. Then last night and this morning I've had 3 fainting spells.

I called my sister (no pic) who is a nurse. She mentioned Syncope. She's on her way now to pick me up and take me to the ER.

CSB
Syncope is just the medical term for fainting/passing out. It does not imply a cause.

They will take good care of you in the ER and rule out some of the more serious reasons this could have happened. Influenza A is going around BTW. COVID isnt the only thing of course.

Shoot, man....I got my new 8 + have a bunch from my folks they didn't use that have extended expiration thru this summer. Coulda mailed you at least 6 or more.... 🙁
I would have taken you up on that offer.

With 3 kids in 3 different schools (HS, MS, Elementary) it seems like we have had a virus in our house constantly since school started.

• Sad
Reactions: Joes Place
I would have taken you up on that offer.

With 3 kids in 3 different schools (HS, MS, Elementary) it seems like we have had a virus in our house constantly since school started.
I had a friend who recently finished up a bout w/ the new Covid strain going around. She did not get an updated vaccine; said it completely kicked her ass for a full week.

This is someone who regularly runs marathons; will do 5 or 10 races per year. I think she tested positive for >5 days with it. Had prior vaccines, just not the latest update. Her husband (not sure if he got the latest vaccine) tested negative the entire time.

OP, I strongly encourage you to go to an urgent care or ER. Multiple fainting spells is not good.

Short of the, have you tried stickin a cany cane up your butt?

(see lung thread)

Please get a cardiac work up done. What's your bp?

Blood clots in my lungs. Doctor said it's a good thing I came in today or I may not have made it to tomorrow

Damn. Glad you went in. What do they do to resolve that?

I have have lost consciousness because of syncope twice in the last few years. It is really weird and unsettling when it happens. The first in December 2021 at a Christmas party. I got hot and light headed and headed outside to cool off and lost consciousness--woke up (probably seconds later) with a sore rib and laying in 6 inches of snow. It freaked my daughter-in-law (nurse) out so I had a bunch of tests done which all showed no problem. Just a momentary low blood pressure thing I think.

Dang. Get well soon.
My middle son passed out yesterday at work and had multiple seizures. He was sedated and on a ventilator until this afternoon. 26 years old. He has a small brain bleed but it seems to be stable. They’re doing an MRI now. I think he had a couple of episodes of syncope over the past few months. Be sure to have this stuff checked out. If he’d been at home chances are no one would have seen him until it was too late.

Dang. Get well soon.
My middle son passed out yesterday at work and had multiple seizures. He was sedated and on a ventilator until this afternoon. 26 years old. He has a small brain bleed but it seems to be stable. They’re doing an MRI now. I think he had a couple of episodes of syncope over the past few months. Be sure to have this stuff checked out. If he’d been at home chances are no one would have seen him until it was too late.
Prayers for your son, 3boysmom

Dang. Get well soon.
Prayers for your son and your family.

Reactions: 3boysmom
Dang. Get well soon.
Jesus. Hoping for the best for your son!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT