ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ****TE Erick All headed to Iowa****

In 2013, Iowa played a ton of 3 TE at Ohio State and it was tied 24-24 headed into the 4th quarter before losing 34-24.

Final stats: Rudock 19/34 for 245, Jake Duzey 6 for 138, CJFed 4 for 29, Kittle 1 for 24.

The rest of the team combined to go 8 for 54.

@Blair Sanderson How many years of eligibility will he have?

You have him for a year. He almost left, for the NFL, after last season. He chose to come back to elevate himself to a higher pick. It was a foregone conclusion that this was his last year until the injury. That is not speculation.

On top of that, he has a newborn child (born early September). NIL gives him a security blanket to recover and get back to full form (without risking not making a NFL roster because he is not 100% during camp) before he moves on with life.
All has two years of eligibility remaining as listed in the article. He will be a 5th year senior in 2023 and would have an extra COVID year to use after that if he wanted. But as ellobo says I'm sure his hope is to have a healthy productive season in 2023 and then go pro.

Noah & TJ then.

Erick & Luke now.

Fj9EKQ0XEAYeX8U

All has two years of eligibility remaining as listed in the article. He will be a 5th year senior in 2023 and would have an extra COVID year to use after that if he wanted. But as ellobo says I'm sure his hope is to have a healthy productive season in 2023 and then go pro.
Blair, could he be granted a medical redshirt this year since he only played in three games?

That's true, but I think they're making big plays in different ways. I could be wrong, but I think they're breaking more tackles for YAC. I don't feel like they just beat deep coverage as much as Fant and Hockenson.
Without going back and charting every catch for Laporta vs Hock vs Fant, or some place like PFF that has the numbers, hard to tell for sure. Just off the top of my head Laporta had a lot of downfield catches this year, and his overall average per catch was still around 12. He had a ton of very short catches.

He had the long reception on the screen vs Minnesota, long deep shot vs Minnesota, deeper shot vs Rutgers, etc. Fant was certainly a unique talent. I remember the short crossing pattern he turned into a 60-some yard play against Purdue, as well as the long TD vs Nebraska and long TD's vs Indiana and Minnesota. Dude was a WR playing TE.

Blair, could he be granted a medical redshirt this year since he only played in three games?

He already got a redshirt for 2022 by playing in less than five games.
What Blair said. I think the threshold for a medical "redshirt" if you already had a regular redshirt year is missing the better part of 2 years due to medical issues. Much more difficult to achieve.

Reactions: BustingNarratives
What Blair said. I think the threshold for a medical "redshirt" if you already had a regular redshirt year is missing the better part of 2 years due to medical issues. Much more difficult to achieve.
Makes sense. I only ask because he has only really played two full years of college ball ... 2020 and 2021. Hopefully he tears it up next year and gets drafted in the April 2024 draft anyway.

Foot speed is not the problem. The problem is entirely about missed reads and not processing quickly enough.

We also have the top LT in the country coming in. So, maybe calm down.

He has no clue, he’s always been that way. Doesn’t post a ton but over the years he has always been negative towards this staff.

Thankfully he is NOT in charge!

Reactions: dbrocket
Sure hope the UM transfers equate to a change in offensive style, otherwise you're putting lipstick on a pig.

Me too, Michigan passed the ball 334 times and ran it 507 times at which point I quit counting it was more than that!

These pass heavy offenses aren’t my thing.

More than that, it’s a little surprising these kids didn’t check with you and several of these guys on the message board. They’d have a better gauge for how piss poor these coaches are and wouldn’t have come at all, right!

If he is healthy, this is an absolute dynamite pick up for the Hawks. With Lachey coming in to his own and getting a qb with better accuracy, this is going to be huge. He is a certified blocker already so we can run two TE sets all day on teams. Add in Proctor and a legit WR and we have the makings of a pretty good base for next year.

If he is healthy, this is an absolute dynamite pick up for the Hawks. With Lachey coming in to his own and getting a qb with better accuracy, this is going to be huge. He is a certified blocker already so we can run two TE sets all day on teams. Add in Proctor and a legit WR and we have the makings of a pretty good base for next year.
yes, please add in Proctor.

also add $1 million to my bank account & I will become a millionare.

I guess what I am asking is, any word on Proctor? I have this awful feeling that no news is NOT good news.

welcome to the Hawkeye Family--------enjoy your college experience at IOWA !!!

yes, please add in Proctor.

also add $1 million to my bank account & I will become a millionare.

I guess what I am asking is, any word on Proctor? I have this awful feeling that no news is NOT good news.
From what I have heard it will be Iowa. Of course this is like chic from Ferris Bueller level of degrees of separation.

You have him for a year. He almost left, for the NFL, after last season. He chose to come back to elevate himself to a higher pick. It was a foregone conclusion that this was his last year until the injury. That is not speculation.

On top of that, he has a newborn child (born early September). NIL gives him a security blanket to recover and get back to full form (without risking not making a NFL roster because he is not 100% during camp) before he moves on with life.
Once a kid is draft eligible and they are worth a crap, that's about all you are gonna get is 1 year anyway. Names and faces will change faster now.

Reactions: squeezebox
Once a kid is draft eligible and they are worth a crap, that's about all you are gonna get is 1 year anyway. Names and faces will change faster now.
Which is exactly why it is possible/likely that Iowa ends up with 2 new starting TEs in 2024.

Wow. That's an incredible story on multiple levels. It's hard to believe those 2 guys are Hawks.

Totally agree.

* At age 5 months, All was dead & brought back to life.

* It's kinda weird seeing Cade throwing to Erick as Wolverines vs Iowa in the 2021 B1G Championship game. I try not to think of the final score of that game. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT