ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ****TE Erick All headed to Iowa****

I'm wondering if Mr. Higgins posts on this board? Seems there a few posters who have some great intel, keep it coming!
Hausmann/Teslaa/Anderson?

Looks like KF is fine with milking the portal to keep his son's butt firmly in the heir apparent's seat.
I'm not sure I'd call landing Cade and Erick, two of the four Wolverine Captains "milking the portal". Perhaps the "gift from Heaven" has completed his evaluation and we are witnessing it unfold. Regardless, Erick All is a great addition and the topic of this thread.

It just depends on whether All can be a downfield threat the way Fant and Hockenson were. Lachey and LaPorta have been good, but they didn't take the top off the same way.

(Few tight ends do; that's why those guys went in the 1st round.)
A few things there ...

Our QB didn't consistently have the protection for longer TE routes to develop (or any longer routes to develop, for that matter).

Almost as a corollary to the prior point ... consequently, LaPorta spent a lot of time playing the role of a consistent outlet for the QB.

Lastly, this season was the first season where Lachey truly seemed to "step up."

Anyhow, if both Lachey and All are healthy and play to the level they're capable ... then they could prove to be quite an impressive TE duo!

A few things there ...

Our QB didn't consistently have the protection for longer TE routes to develop (or any longer routes to develop, for that matter).

Almost as a corollary to the prior point ... consequently, LaPorta spent a lot of time playing the role of a consistent outlet for the QB.

Lastly, this season was the first season where Lachey truly seemed to "step up."

Anyhow, if both Lachey and All are healthy and play to the level they're capable ... then they could prove to be quite an impressive TE duo!
I hadn't considered the pass protection angle for the tight ends. Good point.

I hadn't considered the pass protection angle for the tight ends. Good point.
However, even when Petras dropped it off to TE, he often threw it behind the TE, so we had no run after the catch action. This probably takes 5 yards off each time Petras made these throws. Therefore reducing the yards for the two good TEs.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT