ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today: Caitlin will not be selected for Olympic Women's Basketball Team

I'm pretty sure that if they take a team with three hobbled players and they somehow underperform or God forbid lose I'm not sure if I will be upset or laugh. I'll probably laugh, but then be pissed when the people in charge just shrug their shoulders and act like they did nothing wrong.

This angry elf is going to have a really fun olympics

ESPN’s Myron Medcalf revealed before the Lynx played the Fever that he asked Reeve about Clark playing on future national teams. Reeve appeared to scoff at the question.

"Why the hell would I answer a national team question?" Reeve said. "I'm wearing Lynx. And I'm the head coach of the national team, but I'm not the chair of the committee. Anybody want to venture into anything else?"

Last edited:

ESPN’s Myron Medcalf revealed before the Lynx played the Fever that he asked Reeve about Clark playing on future national teams. Reeve appeared to scoff at the question.

"Why the hell would I answer a national team question?" Reeve said. "I'm wearing Lynx. And I'm the head coach of the national team, but I'm not the chair of the committee. Anybody want to venture into anything else?"
Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

She did sort of have a point though. It was a Lynx press conference, not a Team USA press conference, or just a random interview. That said, she's still a petty
Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

As Lynx (and Olympic) head coach Cheryl Reeve walks up the sideline, here comes Caitlin making eye contact with her and taking over the Minnesota home crowd.

GOAT.

FWIW, Reeve's "two shits" comment was made at a pre-game press availability, so nothing Clark did in the game yesterday prompted that comment. Sinclair doesn't know what he is talking about.

Does anyone know the drop dead date for changes to the team? I assume if Taurasi's injuries were going to keep her out of competition, she would have bowed out by now. Seems like the possibility of Caitlin being added is quite remote, at this point.

Does anyone know the drop dead date for changes to the team? I assume if Taurasi's injuries were going to keep her out of competition, she would have bowed out by now. Seems like the possibility of Caitlin being added is quite remote, at this point.

Not sure about the date when changes can be made to the Olympic roster.

Of the 3 Olympians who were dealing with injuries:

* Griner & Taurasi are playing as I type

* Napheesa Collier is still out (left foot/plantar fasciitis)

ds00508_im00939_r7_fasciitisthu_jpg.jpg

I prefer CC not participate on the Olympic team so she can get fully rested and recharged to come back and have a phenomenal end to the season: play well , improve shooting, reduce turnovers, lead team to win enough games to make the playoffs, etc. To go to the Olympics so she can play a few minutes each game but sell a lot of merchandise doesn't equate to what a rested CC could accomplish, IMO.

The disrespect through all of the Olympics process has been palpable. Caitlin probably won't be asked but if she is invited she should decline. I can't wait to see viewership numbers for that train wreck of egos.

The disrespect through all of the Olympics process has been palpable. Caitlin probably won't be asked but if she is invited she should decline. I can't wait to see viewership numbers for that train wreck of egos.
I don't know if declining would be a good idea.
Clark has been a role model up to this point and could start turning people against her, especially players that root for her now.
The Coach (Reeve) has shown distain for her and probably not play her enough anyway

Reactions: Tom Paris
I don't know if declining would be a good idea.
Clark has been a role model up to this point and could start turning people against her, especially players that root for her now.
The Coach (Reeve) has shown distain for her and probably not play her enough anyway
I believe that players should be chosen, base on worthiness. I think CC should have been selected for multiple reasons for scoring, assists, and other measurables, as well as the biggest draw in WNBA history. For her to be selected as a replacement, and maybe not seeing the floor (except in garbage time), is not a good look. But, if she is selected, then I fully support her decision.

Reactions: HFan1981
I believe that players should be chosen, base on worthiness. I think CC should have been selected for multiple reasons for scoring, assists, and other measurables, as well as the biggest draw in WNBA history. For her to be selected as a replacement, and maybe not seeing the floor (except in garbage time), is not a good look. But, if she is selected, then I fully support her decision.
Can't/Won't disagree at all.

I prefer CC not participate on the Olympic team so she can get fully rested and recharged to come back and have a phenomenal end to the season: play well , improve shooting, reduce turnovers, lead team to win enough games to make the playoffs, etc. To go to the Olympics so she can play a few minutes each game but sell a lot of merchandise doesn't equate to what a rested CC could accomplish, IMO.
Gold medals aren’t nothing.

Even the best athletes in the world only get 3, maybe 4 shots at a gold medal during their career. And that’s assuming they are healthy every year the Olympics roll around. Caitlin doesn’t have a ton of shots at this.

If I’m Caitlin I would gladly ride some pine if it meant winning a gold medal at the Olympic games

Gold medals aren’t nothing.

Even the best athletes in the world only get 3, maybe 4 shots at a gold medal during their career. And that’s assuming they are healthy every year the Olympics roll around. Caitlin doesn’t have a ton of shots at this.

If I’m Caitlin I would gladly ride some pine if it meant winning a gold medal at the Olympic games
Agreed. With that said, I don’t disagree with many on here who feel the best thing for her right now is to get some rest. But like you implied you never know what the future holds. None of us know how much time we have left on this earth. If I’m a close friend/family member of Caitlin’s and she does get offered, knowing how it’s always been a life long goal of hers, I would tell her to go for it.

Reactions: MplsHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT