ADVERTISEMENT

Why does Spencer chose bottom

Nelson Brands shouldn’t have chosen bottom on Lewis either. Hind sight is 20/20 but the top level guys are really good at stalling/riding on top.

Reactions: eb05
This sport literally allows you a choice to choose what position to start in and a common strategy is to not choose your best position. This has driven me nuts for years. This is a great example of prospect theory. People view not taking down as losing a point but don't consider the costs. If you are good in the top position then there is an opportunity cost to not choosing that position.

Additionally the value of a single point is less in a Spencer Lee match because he scores a lot of points.

Glory may also choose top when it's his turn
Glory will. He has done so in the past. I truly don’t think Spencer will go bottom against glory. I was shocked he did so in the quarters. Baffles that was their choice. Spencer is the best 125 on top, he’s the best from neutral, and he’s solid on bottom. Why not go neutral, especially with Spencer’s ability to chain wrestler and put people in danger from his feet.

Since he scores the vast majority of his points in top position, he should pick up.

Why do they not explode off the whistle (like Phil Keddy)? It looks like they have a freestyle mentality off the whistle and base out. Taking down should generally be a sure escape point. My college coach always had us take down.

Up 10-0 with 2 min of riding time and you take down is brainless. Why even give the other guy an advantage

Up 10-0 with 2 min of riding time and you take down is brainless. Why even give the other guy an advantage
because that’s what tom does….tom said go down and he’s always right, you can tell by the outstanding results.

the coaches messed up. almost everyone knows noto is a hammer on top. to their credit they didn’t make the mistake and had real take neutral against mizzou

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT