ADVERTISEMENT

*****Wisconsin vs Iowa Game Thread*****

I realize Fran's T probably played a very huge part in the final outcome, but I would have been more mad at him if he had of just shrugged his shoulders with a smirk and said "whatever" after his team was bent over without lube on that foul by Hepburn but whistled on TonyP.

Did he take it too far, I mean yeah. But that reaction was an accumulation of the frustration building from the sh*tty reffing all game long, not just a 'wild hair up his ass' that caused him to lash out.

As long as the Big Ten allows boxing matches like this to break out of a basketball game, and considers this kind of officiating acceptable, no Big Ten team will ever again win the NCAA Tournament. This kind of crap will not be allowed in March. And when Big Ten teams get in the tournament, they are at a disadvantage based on games just like this one. These officials are literally handicapping the whole conference, and hurting the brand.

Reactions: Hawkeyegrad2006
Not a vintage Wisconsin team. Iowa needs Garza...or Keegan...or at least Kris Murray. Almost zero scoring
in paint.
If there was only something that existed where you could get a player or two during the off-season to shore up positions of need. Oh yeah, like a player portal. Maybe we tried, but no reason not to have gotten someone from the portal. And no reason why 4-5 of the current players should have a Big Ten basketball scholarship.

Wow what a massive dick move Wahl
Honestly there's no "sportsmanship" anymore. We have guys who do the same crap. Blowing kisses after making the game winning kick. Leaving your damn shoes at mid court. Yes dick move by Wahl, but we've got guys who do some of the same shit, and people come on here and applaud it. Some of the stomping around that TP does is uncalled for as well. Are our guys "dicks" too? Are we bad fans as well? Part of the "look at me culture" we talked about earlier......

As long as the Big Ten allows boxing matches like this to break out of a basketball game, and considers this kind of officiating acceptable, no Big Ten team will ever again win the NCAA Tournament. This kind of crap will not be allowed in March. And when Big Ten teams get in the tournament, they are at a disadvantage based on games just like this one. These officials are literally handicapping the whole conference, and hurting the brand.
More like SHADOW boxing when Wisky is involved.

Honestly, I disagree.

They call games exactly like they do in the B1G, in the NCAA Tourney, too.

I watched it happen last year, in multiple tournament games.

Nah, we won't get the same kind of effort nor will the shots by these other guys fall once Kris returns and gets his points when he's not being bodied up and shut down by anyone that's spent time in a weight room..........

It's the classic trade-off. It makes no sense, sure, but that's what will happen.
Nah. They'll be fine. Young guys will improve and Sandfort's shots will eventually start falling.

They t’d up Fran for saying “what’s going on here”. It was a b.s. t. He appropriately lost his shit after the T.
Yeah. I'm sure it was something like, "Excuse me sir, but what is going on here if I might be so bold as to ask?" Fran needs to accept the fact that his inability to control himself cost his team in a big way tonight.

Idk about that. The B1G seems to get bullied every March.

I think this conference needs to get tougher come tourney time.

Reactions: HawkBall23
Yeah. I'm sure it was something like, "Excuse me sir, but what is going on here if I might be so bold as to ask?" Fran needs to accept the fact that his inability to control himself cost his team in a big way tonight.
Doesn't help that he isn't allowed to run around crying and yelling at the refs like that shorty Izzo @ MSU, etc, also.

Honestly, I disagree.

They call games exactly like they do in the B1G, in the NCAA Tourney, too.

I watched it happen last year, in multiple tournament games.
Not true. You get into the NCAA tournament, and you almost always get far more freedom of movement and flow, not this Uber-physical, grab anything and everyone in sight crap you get in the B1G. It’s been that way forever. And as as it continues, no B1G team will win a natty. That’s just a fact.

It was plain as day on TV.

If there was only something that existed where you could get a player or two during the off-season to shore up positions of need. Oh yeah, like a player portal. Maybe we tried, but no reason not to have gotten someone from the portal. And no reason why 4-5 of the current players should have a Big Ten basketball scholarship.
Change your screen name to PortalPortalPortal!!!!!. Seriously.

jfc.

Big 12 plays this way all the time and they have 2 titles and another team get to final 4 in like the last 4 years

Officials suck at times, as a team you have to move on, but Fran can only blame himself for this roster and lack of Athletes and basically 2 wasted schollys on centers that never play.

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
Honestly there's no "sportsmanship" anymore. We have guys who do the same crap. Blowing kisses after making the game winning kick. Leaving your damn shoes at mid court. Yes dick move by Wahl, but we've got guys who do some of the same shit, and people come on here and applaud it. Some of the stomping around that TP does is uncalled for as well. Are our guys "dicks" too? Are we bad fans as well? Part of the "look at me culture" we talked about earlier......
You’re 100% correct on everything except that last sentence.

You’re 1,000% correct there.

Iowa is soft. Pure and simple.

And someone explain to me why Sandfort doesn’t get a quick hook.
OK. because we are short two starters. he has experience, it’s against a team that is extremely physical and trys to deny all movement. as far as his continually taking shots, that’s on him. he should be passing, setting screens and moving without the ball. have to value each position in this type of game. not a time to be hoping you get your stroke back.

Last edited:
They t’d up Fran for saying “what’s going on here”. It was a b.s. t. He appropriately lost his shit after the T.
like a few other times tonight…official WANTED to make that call. nothing major said and fran only really reacted after call was made.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT