*****Wisconsin vs Iowa Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
5:30pm BTN
Iowa -4.5
Over/under 138.5

Badgers are gonna wanna grind this one out and slow the hawks way down as their pace of play is one of the slowest in collage basketball. It’s gonna come down to who’s hitting 3’s and controlling the boards.

I like the hawks in a close one 72-67

Should be an interesting matchup. Badgers are a couple buckets away from being 9-0 so they will be a tough out. They are not real deep. I think we match up pretty well with their personnel and I can see Josh O getting some minutes off the bench and handling Crowl if need be. Need to get Bowen and Sandfort going and this would be a good game to do that.

Still some tickets available ... take a kid (or spouse) to the game.

Badgers! We don't need no stinking Badgers!

Can't resist pulling that one out as I loathe wisky b-ball and their mugging basketbrawl style of play.
At least Brad "The Nutcracker" Davidson is finally gone.

No doubt. I hear he's touring the country doing Christmas shows....

Rebraka needs to stay out of foul trouble while still being aggressive (like ISU game).

I always get these bad vibes on Wisconsin and I think it is the frustrating style of play. They could easily be undefeated right now but MAN would this be a big win if they guys can pull it off. Hope the crowd is a repeat of the ISU game as well!

The game plan will be to out execute Wisconsin. Iowa State brought brass knuckles to a knife fight. Wisconsin will bring scalpels.

Reactions: BustingNarratives

Davison is one of the reasons they installed the new flopping rule. So many people were complaining about his antics.

Rebraka needs to stay out of foul trouble while still being aggressive (like ISU game).

I always get these bad vibes on Wisconsin and I think it is the frustrating style of play. They could easily be undefeated right now but MAN would this be a big win if they guys can pull it off. Hope the crowd is a repeat of the ISU game as well!
They play like ISU on defense but much better on offense than ISU

Davison is the dirtiest B1G player of all time.

Here are 14 examples of his "tactics" that go back the last 5 seasons. Note, that these are examples of WHEN HE GOT CAUGHT.

How Greg Gard or ANY Badger fan can defend this guy is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable.

Check these out & Watch:

From 2018:

From 2018:

DWnoa_mVMAEU3zm

From 2019:

From 2019:

From 2020:

From 2021:

From 2021:

Dumb ass Davison was hooking and holding, but said it was Kofi who was doing the hooking and holding.

Davison literally told the officials to check the monitors and review it, which they did. But note who ended up with the hook and hold foul and who ended up shooting FTs.

EvQtDa3XcAYIjcl

EvQhyFpXIAA0ci1

From 2021:

This hook and hold resulted in the player falling and a travel being called. And watch the clown celebrate afterwards.

From 2022:

From 2022:

From 2022:

From 2022 (Feb 20, 2022 vs Michigan):

10 minutes into the game and Brad Davison's feet tripped DeVante' Jones and his elbow happened to find Hunter Dickinson's ribs on a screen.

And another nut punch to Hunter Dickinson, too.

From 2022 (March 20, 2022 vs Clown U, his last collegiate game):

He couldn't help himself as he throws a left to the mouth/face Clown player.

FOVYZkOVEAAGihD

Really like these December B1G games!
So far it appears parity across the conference makes protecting your home court a huge priority. Go Hawks.

Iowa is the only B1G team that has not played a conference game so far.

8 teams have at least one conference loss.

Illinois is reeling.

1 loss: Indiana, Michigan State, Maryland, Penn State, Rutgers

2 losses: Illinois, Nebraska, Minnesota

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
I never feel good when we play Wisconsin. I have no idea what to expect. If we play like we did against ISU we will win easily.
Well, in the ten games prior to the last one (Hawks 87-78), the Hawks averaged 66.6 points per game and still managed to win 4 of them. Wisky is unlikely to score many points, so they would prefer that the Hawks don't either.

If the Hawks don't get to 70, I don't like their chances.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
No inside knowledge obviously. My youngest did have plantar issues, and it generally does not require a boot. Usually rest and inserts or a better fitting shoe made for the specific shape of your foot will work wonders. He also had a stress fracture, and was in a boot for a month. The way Kris is being treated and the couple of weeks we've been hearing about seems more likely.

2 free options to listen to today's game:

(1) YouTube Link:

Go to YouTube.com

Under Search, type Iowa Hawkeyes; hit enter

Click on Iowa Hawkeyes

Click on the "Live" tab

Look for the "LIVE" in red & "Behind the Mic - Iowa vs Wisconsin." Click on this link & listen to the pregame show that starts at 4:30 pm CT.

(2) Varsity Network app:

For any Learfield game broadcast, you can listen to the pregame show (starts at 4:30 pm CT), the game (5:30 pm CT tip) & the postgame show for free.

The steps:

* Download "The Varsity Network" app.

* For iPhone users, GO HERE:

* For Android users, GO HERE:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sidearmsports.varsitynetwork.audio&hl=en_US&gl=US

* Set up your account

* Simply select "The University of Iowa" as the school you want to listen to.

* Under Upcoming streams you will see links for the games.

* If Learfield is broadcasting the show or game (football, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball), you can listen here.

* This is app only (the Varsity Network does not have a website to go to and listen).

* There are ON DEMAND podcasts; check that tab out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT