ADVERTISEMENT

💩 💩💩Iowa vs Ohio St Game Thread💩💩💩

I wrote this elsewhere, but it's relevant here too:

Everyone really needs to move on from the Petras hate. I don't know how anyone who is a fan of Iowa football can claim that Petras is the problem anymore. It's clearly a total failure of Kirk and Brian to fix legacy problems with our offense that we've seen the cracks in for decades.

Brian and Kirk's stubbornness to try another QB is clearly them using Petras as a scapegoat (knowing that no QB could succeed and they don't want to show their asses to the world). They know the offense is completely broken and they don't know how to fix it, so they're sending him back out there to increase animosity towards him and buy themselves more time to bleed the university for more money or, by some miracle, tweak the scheme in a way that makes it significantly more effective or learn how to prepare in a way that the offense actually shows up for games.

Reactions: Front7 and Chewback
Well if Petras comes out starting the 2nd half I'm done for the year..... I'd like to say bye and it's been fun, but it hasn't been fun... it's been frustrating to see an entire team get sabotaged because of one terrible player and one coach that is too stubborn to realize his views on the QB position need to change

I think Kirk can’t win. If he pulls him and we do better he was wrong. If he pulls him and we still suck it’s scheme and play calling then he’s wrong for hiring Brian. Keep running Spenc out there and everything focused on him.

KF can't win because he doubled down last year going back to Petras after Padillo was at least as good. Then KF tripled down with making BF QB coach and naming Petras QB. Nobody but an stubborn selfish dummy stakes his coaching career on proving out that he was right to make Petras a starting QB at a p5 team.

Everyone really needs to move on from the Petras hate. I don't know how anyone who is a fan of Iowa football can claim that Petras is the problem anymore. It's clearly a total failure of Kirk and Brian to fix legacy problems with our offense that we've seen the cracks in for decades.

Brian and Kirk's stubbornness to try another QB is clearly them using Petras as a scapegoat (knowing that no QB could succeed and they don't want to show their asses to the world). They know the offense is completely broken and they don't know how to fix it, so they're sending him back out there to increase animosity towards him and buy themselves more time to bleed the university for more money or, by some miracle, tweak the scheme in a way that makes it significantly more effective or learn how to prepare in a way that the offense actually shows up for games.
Petras knows he is not good and should bench himself. He has to be accountable for his poor performance also. He's not blameless in this.

So my baby was struggling to settle into a much needed nap. I haven’t watched a game since Iowa state. I’m like hell I know what’ll put this girl to sleep. Turn on the tv flip to fox and Iowa O is in their huddle. Petras walks under center, drops back, zip, pick 6. I had to just chuckle.

She’s sound asleep and I’m checking out this pro level pickle ball shit.

Most don’t hate Petras…..they hate the fact he keeps getting thrown out there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT