ADVERTISEMENT

💩 💩💩Iowa vs Ohio St Game Thread💩💩💩

Petras knows he is not good and should bench himself. He has to be accountable for his poor performance also. He's not blameless in this.
I think part of the fear is what Kirk or Brian would say in the media if he did bench himself.

There's a real chance that Petras considers a transfer after the season with his final year of eligibility, imo. Rudock's story provides him a pretty compelling path forward. Transfer to another P5 program, have a really solid year with a fresh start and win some game, have a multi-year NFL stint as the 3rd of 4th QB in a room. I'm not saying that would happen or is even likely, but surely that's a more attractive option going forward than another year at Iowa.

KF can't win because he doubled down last year going back to Petras after Padillo was at least as good. Then KF tripled down with making BF QB coach and naming Petras QB. Nobody but an stubborn selfish dummy stakes his coaching career on proving out that he was right to make Petras a starting QB at a p5 team.
Part of being a great coach is recognizing mistakes, taking responsibility and righting the course.

Just feel lost at sea with a senile captain waiting for a mutiny to break out.

I think part of the fear is what Kirk or Brian would say in the media if he did bench himself.

There's a real chance that Petras considers a transfer after the season with his final year of eligibility, imo. Rudock's story provides him a pretty compelling path forward. Transfer to another P5 program, have a really solid year with a fresh start and win some game, have a multi-year NFL stint as the 3rd of 4th QB in a room. I'm not saying that would happen or is even likely, but surely that's a more attractive option going forward than another year at Iowa.
No other P5 would take him.

Reactions: WaterTower
I wrote this elsewhere, but it's relevant here too:

Everyone really needs to move on from the Petras hate. I don't know how anyone who is a fan of Iowa football can claim that Petras is the problem anymore. It's clearly a total failure of Kirk and Brian to fix legacy problems with our offense that we've seen the cracks in for decades.

Brian and Kirk's stubbornness to try another QB is clearly them using Petras as a scapegoat (knowing that no QB could succeed and they don't want to show their asses to the world). They know the offense is completely broken and they don't know how to fix it, so they're sending him back out there to increase animosity towards him and buy themselves more time to bleed the university for more money or, by some miracle, tweak the scheme in a way that makes it significantly more effective or learn how to prepare in a way that the offense actually shows up for games.
kf has been doing this for 20+ years, the exact same way. no way he's gonna change now

I'll continue watching this team as long as the defense continues to play well.

Still a lot to dissect and appreciate on that side of the ball if you actually like football and aren't just a casual observer of the sport.......
And Iowa’s offense is a bit like the car crash on the side of the road that you can’t help but stare at on the way by

What should happen is when the Sideline Reporter talks to Kirk before he goes into the tunnel, the question should be "You're Kidding us....Right?"

images

Reactions: TheEnigma80

Petras has another year of eligibility??? Oh f@$&.

Also, if I remember correctly, there was a time not too long ago where Kirk LITERALLY threw one of his backup QB's under the bus saying that they wouldn't even go to the game if he started. Thought he was joking....but it's looking more and more like it wasn't one.

Part of being a great coach is recognizing mistakes, taking responsibility and righting the course.

Just feel lost at sea with a senile captain waiting for a mutiny to break out.
Usually happens to me a couple times each season. I put them in a bad position and they gave up a play because of the call I made. Most 9th graders don't even understand football well enough to know that was why, but they respect when the coach owns it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT