ADVERTISEMENT

2-17 Weekday Games Thread and Seed List

Looks like a lot of empty seats in the upper deck of Wisconsin game. Let’s not complain about Carver attendance.
This was an early start-like an 11am start in FB. These are the same folks that only arrive in force in the 3rd quarter.

Badgers and Illannoy seem to have the most favorable schedules of those tied for 3rd. If we want to finish in the top 4, I think we need to win 3 and finish 12-8. The Minny win makes that realistic, but still very tough, especially without CJ. OSU is one more huge game, for both teams, like just about every game in the B1G.

If Mr. Turd is monitoring our board. Are the Boilers a lock for the NIT?

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Anyone hear Underwood yell out during the game
"how much money for Watkins?
was he directing it at Chambers?
Maybe I mis-heard..but Underwood does have history of having an assist directing cash to players at ok st.

Badgers and Illannoy seem to have the most favorable schedules of those tied for 3rd. If we want to finish in the top 4, I think we need to win 3 and finish 12-8. The Minny win makes that realistic, but still very tough, especially without CJ. OSU is one more huge game, for both teams, like just about every game in the B1G.

If Mr. Turd is monitoring our board. Are the Boilers a lock for the NIT?
Rutgers has a date with Michigan in Jersey tomorrow and will probably win IMO. That indicates to me that we really need to play very well against OSU tomorrow to keep pace with them and anyone else near us.

Really good results today for our resume. Wisconsin (#31) wins, and LSU (#29) loses; so we are likely to shift a win from Q2 to Q1. Similarly, Arkansas (#48) lost, and Cincinnati is sitting at #50, so we may see that neutral win shift from Q1 to Q2 tomorrow, as well.

Flipped to the West Virginia game for about 2 minutes and hear one of the announcers say the B1G is overrated and if 10 or 11 teams get in the tournament it will be a travesty. Not 1 B1G team is good enough to make it to the final 4. Really dogging the conference and hyping the Big12.
Outside of Baylor and (cheating) Kansas, what does the L12 have?

But we could lose this one and still do that, right? If the other pacers lose some other game while we win, right?
Make it happen! I feel that as long as we protect home court, we'll have a better chance at a top 4 finish. As close as the race is to the top 4, we really can't afford to falter at home. It would be nice for the others to stumble as it sure would help us, but there's no guarantee of that. Now is the time that the cream rises to the top in conference. As Dan Dakich says, "The team(s) that are playing well now".

Last edited:
Third most quad one wins playing the toughest conference. We’re being undervalued by bracketologists in most cases which will be fun to see selection Sunday.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Michigan might pull off the win at Rutgers. Up 6 with just under 4mins left.

Rutgers undefeated at home this year

Fun game to watch between cincy and ucf. Unfortunately for Iowa, cincy crumped at home in double OT to a ucf team that's barely over .500 on the year.

Down goes Rutgers. Horrendous shooting down the stretch does them in. Iowa now in a 4 way tie for 3rd.
I really hope in the end, Rutgers is below Iowa in the standings. Not a disaster if not, and I know Rutgers is a good team this year. But still, would be kinda depressing seeing them end up tied or above us. Bleh. They can just start losing now, except for the Maryland game / others that help us in the standings.

Reactions: bojihawk44
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT